Jon Jones is a fighter that had no problem with being a role model in the sport of mixed martial arts.

As UFC light heavyweight champion, Jones accepted the responsibilities that came along with being one of the faces of the organization.

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,” Jones explained when speaking to the media prior to UFC 145.

“I think I’m a good company guy. The UFC asks me to do anything and I always do it, and I never tell them no for anything. I’ve had to do more marketing than any other fighter because I say no to absolutely nothing. I don’t think most champs are like that.”

Unfortunately for Jones part of that image took a big hit when he was arrested last weekend on suspicion of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated), and while he has yet to have his day in court to face the charges, many have already convicted the 24-year old New York native in the court of public opinion.

A fighter that knows all too well all the trials and tribulations that go along with the scrutiny that comes along with celebrity is former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson.

Call it a fall from grace, call it the world’s ultimate wake up call, but Tyson certainly had his ups and downs as a fighter and celebrity and it was out in the public eye for all to see.

MMA enthusiast and former pro wrestling promoter Paul Heyman recently caught up with Tyson to get his opinion on how Jones can bounce back from this, and how a situation like this will truly test how he is perceived from now into the future.

“We’re going to find out from this situation if Jon Jones is going to continue to make us love him for his great fighting and the way he carries himself as a great individual and a humanitarian, or he’s going to let bright lights and the dark shadows invade his life and he’s just going to be one of those rising meteors that flies through the air that lights the world up and then he dies down in the moment,” Tyson said.

“I hope not, because we all respect Jon.”

Check out the full video below to hear what Tyson had to say to Heyman about the Jon Jones situation:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Jon Jones: OSP beating me would be 'greatest day' of UFC champ Daniel Cormier's life

Don’t let Jon Jones’ recent Twitter battle with rival Daniel Cormier cause any confusion: “Bones” is 100 percent focused on new UFC 197 opponent Ovince Saint Preux, he said.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

UFC 197 Video: Ovince Saint Preux Expecting Jon Jones to Be at His Best

Light heavyweight contender Ovince Saint Preux talks about his upcoming interim title fight against Jon Jones at UFC 197. read news >>

VIDEO: Jon Jones Talks P4P Top Ranking and Demetrious Johnson’s Claim to It

UFC champion Jon Jones discusses his place in the pound-for-pound rankings and addresses flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson's claim that he's the top pound-for-pound fighter. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2 Announced for UFC 200: Full Match Card, Reaction

After pulling Conor McGregor from the card, the UFC needed to do something drastic to ensure UFC 200 would live up to its status as one of the most highly anticipated pay-per-views of 2016. The compa read news >>

With Conor McGregor Out, Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones Rematch Heads UFC 200

Dana White and a bevy of UFC fighters took over GMA to announce that the rematch between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones would now headline UFC 200. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2: Early Odds for UFC 200 Main Event

UFC officially announced Wednesday that the rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight championship is set to headline UFC 200 in July. The highly anticipated clash replac read news >>

VIDEO: Dana White’s Big UFC 200 Announcement, Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier React

Watch as UFC president Dana White announces the new UFC 200 main event. Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier react to their headlining rematch. read news >>

VIDEO: Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Steal the Show at UFC 200 New York Press Conference

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones immediately stole the show, smack talking each other at the UFC 200 press conference at Madison Square Garden. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2: Key Takeaways from UFC 200 Press Conference

A formal announcement by the UFC on Wednesday confirmed Jon "Bones" Jones and Daniel Cormier will headline UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, and both fighters exuded the utmost confidence in their resp read news >>

UFC 200: Jon Jones Is Loved, Daniel Cormier Is Hated & McGregor Is MIA? Uh, OK

After months of speculation and a week’s worth of utter chaos, UFC 200 finally got its main event on Wednesday and—hold on—let me make sure I have all this right… Jon Jones is in, crashing the party read news >>