TitovsRampage470While everyone was focused on the Roy Jones Jr. smokescreen, Bellator MMA did an end around and signed Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to fight Tito Ortiz on the promotion’s first pay-per-view offering.

The hot rumors recently had Rampage pairing up with Jones in a boxing match opposite the UFC’s big year-end pay-per-view that features two huge rematches: Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate. The boxing match hasn’t materialized, however, with Bellator instead luring the recently retired UFC Hall of Famer, Tito Ortiz, back to the cage.

Ortiz had recently teased on Twitter that a comeback might be afoot, and it has now materialized.

Rampage and Tito will square off on Nov. 2 at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center in Long Beach, Calif.

The event, dubbed Rampage vs. Tito, marks Bellator’s first pay-per-view offering.

“To have two of the biggest names in MMA headline our first PPV is awesome,” Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “Rampage vs. Tito is a fight I’ve wanted to see for years and to have it as our Main Event on our first Pay-Per-View is a spectacular next step in Bellator’s evolution. They’re both re-energized, excited and ready for a war. This will be a great fight.”

“Honestly, I feel like I’ve been re-born.,” Jackson said. “My excitement, energy and aggression, it’s all back and bigger than ever. I feel like a kid again. The Rampage you’ll see Nov. 2 will be better than any Rampage you’ve ever seen.  Everybody knows Tito and I have a very long history. He’s a former teammate and friend, and it’s one of the reasons I stayed away from the UFC as long as I did.  But, I want to be very clear; any sort of friendship we once had doesn’t exist when that cage door shuts. I’ve got a ton to prove on Nov. 2, and unfortunately for Tito he’s the guy I have to make an example of. He’s in my house now and Saturday, Nov. 2, on PPV, it’s going to be a horrible night for Tito Ortiz.”

“I’m back,” Ortiz stated. “Over the last few years, my passion for MMA was completely killed, dealing with UFC politics and with Dana. I didn’t have that drive to compete, my heart wasn’t in it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m free. Bjorn and Bellator put together an opportunity that made me part of the promotion, part of the family.  I feel like I can breathe again and my old friend is going to be on the receiving end of all that happiness turned into an old school Tito Ortiz ground and pound beating. I’ve fought and beaten the very best in MMA history and on Nov. 2, Rampage will be the next huge win on my record. This is a new era for the People’s Champion.”

Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez Focused on Bellator Dynamite 2 Kickboxing, Then MMA Debut

Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez is focused on her kickboxing bout at Friday's Bellator Dynamite 2, but then she hopes to move on to her MMA debut. read news >>

Michael Chandler Motived By Opportunity and Challenge Heading into Bellator 157

Michael Chandler is focus on the rematch of a 2011 bout with Patricky “Pitbull” Freire for the vacant Bellator 155-pound title on June 24 in St. Louis, Missouri. read news >>

Hisaki Kato Believes His MMA KO Power Will Transfer To Bellator 157 Kickboxing Bout

Hisaki Kato will make his return to Bellator on June 24 in St. Louis, Missouri, in a rematch of sorts against the fighter he last beat in the promotion, Joe Schilling. read news >>

Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (36-11) is back. On Friday night at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, the 38-year-old MMA legend will take on Satoshi Ishii (14-5-1) in Jackson's first Bellator bout since read news >>

Bellator: Dynamite 2 Weigh-in Results and Video: Rampage Returns vs. Ishii

• a day ago

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is set to make his Bellator return opposite Satoshi Ishii at Dynamite 2 on Friday night after the fighters weighed in on Thursday. read news >>

Toughest Fight Yet Could Lead Ilima-Mei Macfarlane to Bellator Title Fight

• a day ago

Ilima-Mei Macfarlane believes that if she can score an impressive victory at Bellator Dynamite 2, she could be in store for a flyweight title fight. read news >>

Patricky "Pitbull" Freire Finally Ready to Sit the Bellator Lightweight Throne

• a day ago

After five years of settling for "almost," Bellator lightweight Patricky "Pitbull" Freire (16-7) is finally fighting for the promotion's top prize. Twice Freire advanced to the finals of a tournament read news >>

Rampage Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii Results: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 157

• 14 hours ago

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson improved his Bellator record to 4-0 with a split-decision win over Satoshi Ishii in the main event at Bellator 157 on Friday. MMAjunkie.com tweeted out the scorecards from t read news >>

Bellator 157 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Dynamite 2 Card

• 14 hours ago

Well, that was boring. In a less-than-entertaining main event at Bellator 157 in St. Louis, a fleshy Quinton "Rampage" Jackson took a split decision over Satoshi Ishii. The bout drew boos from the Sc read news >>

Watch: Michael Chandler Scores One-Punch Knockout at Bellator Dynamite 2

• 15 hours ago

Bellator 157 was a bit of a slog for a while there. Sure, there were some fireworks in Matt Mitrione's debut opposite Carl Seumanutafa, but the middle of the card was ho-hum at best. Enter Michael Ch read news >>