TitovsRampage470While everyone was focused on the Roy Jones Jr. smokescreen, Bellator MMA did an end around and signed Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to fight Tito Ortiz on the promotion’s first pay-per-view offering.

The hot rumors recently had Rampage pairing up with Jones in a boxing match opposite the UFC’s big year-end pay-per-view that features two huge rematches: Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate. The boxing match hasn’t materialized, however, with Bellator instead luring the recently retired UFC Hall of Famer, Tito Ortiz, back to the cage.

Ortiz had recently teased on Twitter that a comeback might be afoot, and it has now materialized.

Rampage and Tito will square off on Nov. 2 at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center in Long Beach, Calif.

The event, dubbed Rampage vs. Tito, marks Bellator’s first pay-per-view offering.

“To have two of the biggest names in MMA headline our first PPV is awesome,” Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “Rampage vs. Tito is a fight I’ve wanted to see for years and to have it as our Main Event on our first Pay-Per-View is a spectacular next step in Bellator’s evolution. They’re both re-energized, excited and ready for a war. This will be a great fight.”

“Honestly, I feel like I’ve been re-born.,” Jackson said. “My excitement, energy and aggression, it’s all back and bigger than ever. I feel like a kid again. The Rampage you’ll see Nov. 2 will be better than any Rampage you’ve ever seen.  Everybody knows Tito and I have a very long history. He’s a former teammate and friend, and it’s one of the reasons I stayed away from the UFC as long as I did.  But, I want to be very clear; any sort of friendship we once had doesn’t exist when that cage door shuts. I’ve got a ton to prove on Nov. 2, and unfortunately for Tito he’s the guy I have to make an example of. He’s in my house now and Saturday, Nov. 2, on PPV, it’s going to be a horrible night for Tito Ortiz.”

“I’m back,” Ortiz stated. “Over the last few years, my passion for MMA was completely killed, dealing with UFC politics and with Dana. I didn’t have that drive to compete, my heart wasn’t in it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m free. Bjorn and Bellator put together an opportunity that made me part of the promotion, part of the family.  I feel like I can breathe again and my old friend is going to be on the receiving end of all that happiness turned into an old school Tito Ortiz ground and pound beating. I’ve fought and beaten the very best in MMA history and on Nov. 2, Rampage will be the next huge win on my record. This is a new era for the People’s Champion.”

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen in the Works for Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Tito Ortiz claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen under the Bellator banner. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz will not take place at Bellator 165 in San Jose

Newly minted Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen got a little ahead of himself in announcing a fight with Tito Ortiz on Nov. 19 at Bellator 165. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz Set for Bellator in Los Angeles | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen will make his Bellator debut against none other than Tito Ortiz, officials confirmed on Tuesday evening. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Chael Sonnen Will Fight Tito Ortiz… in Bellator | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC Free agency is a confounding phenomenon for any sports fan, but particularly so in mixed martial arts. In other sports, free agency disorients fans’ emotional stability read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz set for Jan. 21 in California as Bellator 170 headliner

As expected, “The Bad Guy” will indeed face “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Still Famous, Still Rich; Chael Sonnen Returns from the Principal's Office | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Chael Sonnen returns from a two-year suspension to face Tito Ortiz at Bellator 170 in January, and it appears he hasn't skipped a beat. read news >>

Between fights, Bellator 162's Virgil Zwicker a football coach and youth leader

• 23 hours ago

Virgil Zwicker has no problem admitting there are times when his focus is splintered away from MMA.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 162 results: Alexander Shlemenko shines in Bellator return, TKOs Kendall Grove

• 15 hours ago

Former middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko’s Bellator homecoming was a victorious one.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 162 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Shlemenko vs. Grove Card

• 14 hours ago

Bellator 162 descended on FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee, Friday night, and the prime-time showcase represented the much-awaited return of former middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko to the p read news >>