TitovsRampage470While everyone was focused on the Roy Jones Jr. smokescreen, Bellator MMA did an end around and signed Quinton “Rampage” Jackson to fight Tito Ortiz on the promotion’s first pay-per-view offering.

The hot rumors recently had Rampage pairing up with Jones in a boxing match opposite the UFC’s big year-end pay-per-view that features two huge rematches: Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate. The boxing match hasn’t materialized, however, with Bellator instead luring the recently retired UFC Hall of Famer, Tito Ortiz, back to the cage.

Ortiz had recently teased on Twitter that a comeback might be afoot, and it has now materialized.

Rampage and Tito will square off on Nov. 2 at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center in Long Beach, Calif.

The event, dubbed Rampage vs. Tito, marks Bellator’s first pay-per-view offering.

“To have two of the biggest names in MMA headline our first PPV is awesome,” Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “Rampage vs. Tito is a fight I’ve wanted to see for years and to have it as our Main Event on our first Pay-Per-View is a spectacular next step in Bellator’s evolution. They’re both re-energized, excited and ready for a war. This will be a great fight.”

“Honestly, I feel like I’ve been re-born.,” Jackson said. “My excitement, energy and aggression, it’s all back and bigger than ever. I feel like a kid again. The Rampage you’ll see Nov. 2 will be better than any Rampage you’ve ever seen.  Everybody knows Tito and I have a very long history. He’s a former teammate and friend, and it’s one of the reasons I stayed away from the UFC as long as I did.  But, I want to be very clear; any sort of friendship we once had doesn’t exist when that cage door shuts. I’ve got a ton to prove on Nov. 2, and unfortunately for Tito he’s the guy I have to make an example of. He’s in my house now and Saturday, Nov. 2, on PPV, it’s going to be a horrible night for Tito Ortiz.”

“I’m back,” Ortiz stated. “Over the last few years, my passion for MMA was completely killed, dealing with UFC politics and with Dana. I didn’t have that drive to compete, my heart wasn’t in it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m free. Bjorn and Bellator put together an opportunity that made me part of the promotion, part of the family.  I feel like I can breathe again and my old friend is going to be on the receiving end of all that happiness turned into an old school Tito Ortiz ground and pound beating. I’ve fought and beaten the very best in MMA history and on Nov. 2, Rampage will be the next huge win on my record. This is a new era for the People’s Champion.”

Tito Ortiz cited for misdemeanor battery after allegedly grabbing woman’s phone at club

• a day ago

UFC Hall of Famer and Bellator light heavyweight Tito Ortiz was cited for misdemeanor battery early this morning after an alleged struggle with a woman in a Las Vegas nightclub.Filed under: Bellator, read news >>

Tito Ortiz Reportedly Cited for Misdemeanor Battery: Latest Details, Reaction

• a day ago

Former UFC light heavyweight champion and current Bellator MMA fighter Tito Ortiz has reportedly been cited for misdemeanor battery. According to TMZ Sports, police responded to a call regarding a di read news >>

Tito Ortiz Cited for Misdemeanor Battery in Las Vegas Nightclub

• a day ago

Bellator MMA light heavyweight and UFC Hall of Fame fighter Tito Ortiz was cited for misdemeanor battery after an early morning incident in a Las Vegas nightclub. read news >>

Former champ Alexander Volkov: Bellator wants showmen like Kimbo Slice, not fighters

• a day ago

Despite ending on a two-fight losing skid, Alexander Volkov’s stint in Bellator was a successful one. But that doesn’t leave the former champion thrilled with the promotion.Filed under: Bellator, New read news >>

Michael Chandler Signs Multi-Year, Multi-Fight Contract Extension with Bellator MMA

• a day ago

Bellator MMA announced today that former 155-pound champion Michael Chandler has signed an exclusive multi-year, multi-fight contract extension with the promotion. read news >>

Vinicius Queiroz in for injured Augusto Sakai against Cheick Kongo at Bellator 150

Cheick Kongo has a new heavyweight opponent at Bellator 150 as Augusto Sakai after an injury forced him from the card.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Several Fighters Revealed for Bellator and Oktagon Co-Promotion in Italy

New details were revealed this afternoon regarding the co-promotion between Bellator MMA and Oktagon Kickboxing. The partnership is set to take place on April 16 in Italy. read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2124 with Michael Chandler, Rob Font

Stream or download Tuesday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Michael Chandler and Rob Font.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Ilima-Lei MacFarlane on life after KOing the soccer mom

Bellator women’s flyweight Ilima-Lei MacFarlane knew she would be answering questions about her first professional MMA bout for a while.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Teammate: Josh Koscheck will fight again despite Bellator debut injury withdrawal

Josh Koscheck’s withdrawal from his Bellator debut due to injury could have been a significant setback for the veteran fighter. Fortunately, though, it won’t spell the end of the road for the 38-year read news >>