After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

More Trainers Should Follow Trevor Wittman's Example and Stop Fights

In combat sports, coaches and corner men have an important job. Their duty is not only to instruct the fighter leading up to the contest but to keep him calm, focused and safe during the battle. Trev read news >>

Miller Replaces Khabilov vs. Castillo

The United Center in Chicago will be host to an important lightweight bout on Saturday, July 25, as Danny "Last Call" Castillo faces off with New Jersey veteran Jim Miller. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 69 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 69 event in Berlin, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UF read news >>

UFC Berlin Fighter Bonuses: Jedrzejczyk and Penne Brawl Takes Fight of the Night

Jessica Penne may have taken a beating at the hands, elbows, and feet of Joanna Jedrzejczyk, but she got a bonus for her grit and determination. read news >>

UFC Berlin bonuses: Jedrzejczyk pockets $50,000 following title defense against Penne

Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Jessica Penne won Fight of the Night honours for their main event title fight while Mairbek Taisumov and Arnold Allen won performance bonuses. An entertaining night of fights i read news >>

UFC 188 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 188 event in Mexico City, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those reactions. read news >>

Joe Silva's Shoes: What's next for UFC 188's winning fighters?

With UFC 188 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for the winning fighters.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Neil Magny vs. Demian Maia set for UFC 190 in Brazil

Neil Magny will look to extend his impressive seven-fight octagon winning streak when he meets Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace Demian Maia at UFC 190.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Zorobabel Moreira determined to get back to winning ways at ONE: 'Dynasty of Champions'

Zorobabel Moreira was one of the most popular fighters to emerge during ONE Championship's early years (when it was known as ONE FC). He was featured on four of the first six cards and it was a major read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 68 event in New Orleans, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those read news >>