After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

Jon Jones Congratulates Teammate Holly Holm on Title-Winning Ronda Rousey Upset

Holly Holm earned a lot of new supporters Saturday night after UFC 193. But even before she knocked off Ronda Rousey to score one of the biggest upsets in MMA history and nab the UFC women's bantamwe read news >>

UFC 193 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 193 event in Melbourne, Australia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, read news >>

Joe Silva’s Shoes: What's next for Holly Holm and UFC 193’s other winning fighters?

With UFC 193 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC 193’s winning fighters.Filed under: Featured, Featu read news >>

Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke: Winning a ONE Championship Title Changed His Life

In Thailand, there is enormous pressure on children who aren’t fortunate enough to come from wealthy families. Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke knows all about this. read news >>

NOS® Energy Drink MMA Rankings, Nov. 10: Thomas Almeida jumps up the rankings

After running his winning streak to 20 with a UFC Fight Night 77 knockout of Anthony Birchak, undefeated Thomas Almeida has jumped up two spots in the latest NOS Energy Drink MMA Rankings.Filed under read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 77, fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 post-fight facts: Almeida's winning streak hits 20, KO record and more

The UFC's final stop in Brazil this year was a good one. Eight of 13 fights ended in a stoppage and multiple UFC record were set or tied. [autotag]Vitor Belfort[/autotag] (25-11 MMA, 14-7 UFC) scored read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 Fighter Bonuses: Knockouts Were the Order of the Night

With several exciting finishes to choose from on Saturday night, UFC officials decided to forgo a Fight of the Night award and instead issued four Performance bonuses. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77's Jimmie Rivera is a teacher first, fighter second

Jimmie Rivera is on a 16-fight winning streak and made his UFC debut with a sub-90 second knockout win att UFC Fight Night 72. You might expect that fighting is his overwhelming passion with that lev read news >>

Titles are Nice, but Marcin Held Fighting to be the Best in the World

While winning the Bellator championship would be nice, Marcin Held's focus is on becoming the best fighter in the world. read news >>