After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

UFC Fight Night 96 post-fight facts: No 'Fight of the Night' bonuses, but some solid scraps

UFC Fight Night 96 ended in memorable fashion when John Lineker and John Dodson put on a classic five-round scrap. However, as we discuss in our post-fight facts, they didn’t put in the only memorabl read news >>

Joe Silva's Shoes: What's next for John Lineker and UFC Fight Night 96's other winning fighters?

With another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC Fight Night 96’s winning fighte read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Since the early days when the sport was anything but a mainstream endeavor, the MMA industry has thrived and survived through various websites, forums and, perhaps most importantly, social media plat read news >>

Dan Henderson explains what winning a UFC title means for his legacy

Dan Henderson's place in history is already set but adding a UFC title would be huge read news >>

UFC 204 bonuses: Bisping, Henderson get extra $50,000 in a no-brainer 'Fight of the Night'

MANCHESTER, England – Michael Bisping, Dan Henderson, Jimi Manuwa and Iuri Alcantara each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Saturday’s UFC 204 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Joe Silva's Shoes: What's next for Michael Bisping and UFC 204's other winning fighters?

with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC 204’s winning fighters.Filed un read news >>

UFC 204 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 204 in Manchester, England, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those reaction read news >>

Remember When Rafael dos Anjos Beat Nate Diaz? (Free Fight) |

Before winning the belt from Anthony Pettis, Rafael dos Anjos defeated Nate Diaz by unanimous decision in 2014. read news >>

UFC Sacramento: Mike Perry to Fight Alan Jouban

UFC on FOX 22 added an early Fight of the Night candidate as Mike Perry takes on Alan Jouban in Sacramento.Heavy hitters, Mike Perry (9-0) and Alan Jouban (14-4) are set to meet in the Octagon at UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping's Top 3 UFC Career Highlights |

Believe it or not, winning the UFC middleweight championship doesn't sit at the top of Michael Bisping's career highlights. read news >>