After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

UFC on FOX 22 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC on FOX 22 event, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some of those reactions. read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie Rankings, Dec. 20: Wineland back to winning ways

This past weekend saw both UFC and Bellator host prospect-filled events, but one wily veteran was impressive enough to make a move in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA rankings.Filed under: Bellator read news >>

Important: Ronda Rousey Unfollowed and Blocked Amanda Nunes on Instagram | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of their real fight at UFC 207, Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes are having passive-aggressive social media squabbles. read news >>

Training With Miesha Tate and Winning ONE Championship Title, Angela Lee is Loving Life | MMAWeekly.com

Training with Miesha Tate and winning a title for ONE Championship, 2016 has been an amazing year for Angela Lee. read news >>

Brandon Thatch discusses losing skid and chance to rebound at UFC 207

DENVER – When Brandon Thatch had his 10-fight winning streak snapped by Benson Henderson in a “Fight of the Night” winner nearly two years ago, there was little shame. Filed under: Featured, News, UF read news >>

Unapologetic Rousey cares only about winning back title

Ronda Rousey is uninterested in anything not related to winning back the women's bantamweight title at UFC 207 Friday night against Amanda Nunes. Rousey plans to say everything inside the Octagon on read news >>

Ronda Rousey Doesn't Care About Anything but Winning at UFC 207 (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey says she's laser-focused on crushing Amanda Nunes on Friday at UFC 207 and doesn't care about anything else, the money, the media, or her image. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Cody Garbrandt's title-winning victory over Dominick Cruz at UFC 207

Cody Garbrandt promised that his punching power would catch Dominick Cruz. He was right, and he left the UFC 207 co-headliner at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with the UFC bantamweight championship.Fil read news >>

Mom: 'Average person' just can't understand how much winning means to Ronda Rousey

Every athlete deserves – and probably needs – a mom like Dr. AnnMaria De Mars.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Matchmaker: What's next for Amanda Nunes, Cody Garbrandt and UFC 207's other winning fighters?

And with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC 207’s winning fighters.F read news >>