After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

Bellator 163 Results: Phil Davis Tops Liam McGeary for Light Heavyweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

Phil Davis dominated Liam McGeary at Bellator 163, winning a unanimous decision and taking the promotion’s light heavyweight title on Friday night in Uncasville, Conn. read news >>

El Cucuy Strikes Again! Lights Up Twitter | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson set a record for UFC lightweights, winning his ninth consecutive fight by defeating Rafael dos Anjos. The UFC Twitterati lit up the internet! read news >>

Joe Silva’s Shoes: What's next for Tony Ferguson and UFC Fight Night 98's other winning fighters?

With another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Joe Silva and Sean Shelby’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC Fight Night 98’s winning fighte read news >>

UFC Fight Night 98 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 98 event in Mexico City several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react t read news >>

UFC 205 preliminary-card pre-fight facts: Khabib Nurmagomedov looks to extend epic winning streak

UFC 205 is hands down the most stacked event in UFC history – so much so that the preliminary card for Saturday’s event is worthy of its own pre-fight facts showcase.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Pretends to Apologize After Winning 2nd Title at UFC 205

Conor McGregor faced the toughest opponent of his career at UFC 205 and posted what may have been his most dominant win to date. Opposite now-former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, McGregor lande read news >>

Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson Fight of the Night (UFC 205 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the highlights from the UFC 205 welterweight title fight between champion Tyron Woodley and Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson that ended in a Majority Draw. read news >>

UFC 205 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 205 in New York City several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to the event or read news >>

Joe Silva’s Shoes: What's next for Conor McGregor and UFC 205's other winning fighters?

UFC 205 was a historic event for the company, and for good reason. It was arguably its most stacked fight card to date.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Fighting octagon newcomer, UFC Fight Night 99's Magnus Cedenblad says 'names are overrated'

BELFAST, Northern Ireland – Despite a four-fight winning streak in the UFC middleweight division, Magnus Cedenblad said he isn’t particularly concerned with the fact he’s fighting a promotional newco read news >>