After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

Ross Pearson wants consistency, a winning streak and a UFC return to Newcastle

BOSTON – For about three years now, Ross Pearson’s UFC life has been a yo-yo. He’s up, then he’s down. He’s up, then back down. Up … down. He’s currently back up – and this time, he’s hoping to stay read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 Joe Rogan Video Preview: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Dominick Cruz

The championship fight between T.J. Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz is the most important fight in the history of the bantamweight division says UFC commentator Joe Rogan. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Cruz's title-winning victory over Dillashaw at UFC Fight Night 81

Dominick Cruz took back what was formerly his when he regained the UFC bantamweight title with a split decision win over T.J. Dillashaw at UFC Fight Night 81. Check out the top Twitter reactions to C read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Dominick Cruz Regains UFC Belt; What a Comeback!

Following Dominick Cruz winning back the UFC bantamweight title on Sunday, fighter took to Twitter with their reactions. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 event at Boston’s TD Garden, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to r read news >>

Still nursing injured hand, Joe Lauzon calls for return fight against Diego Sanchez

BOSTON – UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon still doesn’t know when he’ll be healthy enough to return to the octagon, but wants a fight with Diego Sanchez when he’s ready.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, read news >>

ONE Championship title holder Bibiano Fernandes insists 'no easy fights' despite unheralded foe

With a 10-fight winning streak to his name, Bibiano Fernandes is generally considered the top bantamweight in the world not currently competing in the UFC. So how does one go about avoiding a defeat read news >>

For Bryce Mitchell, Nothing Bad Can Come of WSOF Debut

Winning is always the goal, but undefeated Bryce Mitchell believes nothing bad can come from his WSOF debut on Saturday. read news >>

Al Iaquinta: I'll be unstoppable when I come back with two healthy knees

Al Iaquinta ended 2015 riding a four-fight winning streak. With things fully clicking in his UFC career, Iaquinta had to put things on hold to have damage to the articular cartilage in his knee.It is read news >>

Despite potential for more money, UFC on FOX 18's Rafael Natal won't talk trash

Rafael Natal is riding a three-fight winning streak and has a 6-2 mark since 2013. That puts him in a solid position in the UFC’s middleweight division, but he said he’s not willing to resort to Cono read news >>