After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

From Around the Web

Brian Stann: It's on coaches to help remedy injury issues in MMA

Injuries spoiling important fights is one of the hottest topics in MMA today. Just last week, Yoel Romero was forced to pull out of his co-main event with Ronaldo Souza at UFC on FOX 15: Machida vs. read news >>

Bellator's Signing of Phil Davis Could Be Far More Important Than We Realize

The news that Phil Davis has agreed to a multiyear deal with Bellator should not come as a surprise to anyone. But it is a further indication that the landscape of mixed martial arts has changed sinc read news >>

Hindsight - UFC Fight Night: Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop 2 in retrospect

Nobody's winning. One side is just losing slower than the other.* Sometimes it really does feel that way in MMA. The result may end on a win or a loss for one man or another, but the number of fans l read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 64 event in Krakow, Poland, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out th read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Gabriel Gonzaga 2 full fight video highlights

Watch the full fight video highlights of the UFC Fight Night: Krakow main event between Mirko Cro Cop and Gabriel Gonzaga. Eight years following arguably one of the biggest upsets in UFC history, Mir read news >>

Cro Cop calls win one of the most important of his career

Mirko Cro Cop at one point may have been the most popular MMA fighter in the world. But even though it's a decade later and his time in the top 10 has long passed, he called his rematch win over Gabr read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 63 event in Fairfax, Va., several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out thos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 63 bonuses: Four get $50,000 for 'Performance of the Night' efforts

FAIRFAX, Va. – UFC officials declined to offer up a “Fight of the Night” bonus at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 63 event. Instead, four fighters each earned $50,000 bonuses for their spectacular perform read news >>

Michael Chiesa ready to rebuild after disappointment from Joe Lauzon bout

UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa is still trying to get over the loss to Joe Lauzon from September. The pair put on a scintillating back and forth before a nasty cut over Chiesa's eye prematurely stopp read news >>