After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

UFC 200: Submission Artist Joe Lauzon's 5 Bossest Submissions

At UFC 200 on Saturday, Joe Lauzon heads the Fight Pass prelims when he faces Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Diego Sanchez. Lauzon, however, is a seasoned BJJ practitioner as well and has routinely e read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Wants 'Easy Fight' with Conor McGregor After Winning UFC Title

Less than an hour after the biggest win of his amazing career, a first-round victory over Rafael Dos Anjos, newly minted UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez was already back to work. Not fighting, read news >>

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

For as long as it lasted, Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon was everything we thought it would be at UFC 200 on Saturday. Sanchez came right out to the center of the Octagon as always. He pressured Lauzon read news >>

VIDEO: Joe Lauzon on Quick Win Over Diego Sanchez: ‘Nice to Not Feel Like I Was in a Car Wreck’

Joe Lauzon talks about his win over Diego Sanchez. While fans expected a war, Lauzon is completely happy having made quick work of Sanchez. read news >>

TJ Dillashaw Video: ‘I Want My Belt Back; I Feel Like It’s Rightfully Mine’

Former bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw got back on the winning track at UFC 200, but he's still bitter over losing the belt to Dominick Cruz. read news >>

UFC 200 starts with three quick TKO's

UFC 200 got off to a quick start as Jim Miller, Gegard Mousasi and Joe Lauzon all recorded first round TKO's to start an historic night. read news >>

UFC 200 Fighter Bonuses: Amanda Nunes Takes the Belt and the Bonus

There was no UFC 200 Fight of the Night award. The promotion instead handed out four Performance bonuses to four fighters who finished in spectacular fashion. read news >>

For Jose Aldo, Winning Interim UFC Belt Means Conor McGregor Purgatory

The current champion has all but abandoned the featherweight division. He’s moved up and out to a higher weight class and a higher-priced zip code, but his presence looms over the rest of the 145-pou read news >>

UFC Fight Night 91 Results: Tony Ferguson Hands Landon Vannata His First Loss in Instant Classic

Third-ranked lightweight Tony Ferguson extended his winning streak to eight consecutive fights on Wednesday when he submitted Octagon newcomer Landon Vannata. read news >>

Jim Miller vs. Joe Lauzon Rematch Added to UFC on FOX 21

Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon are poised to fight at UFC on FOX 21 in a rematch of their epic battle that dates back to UFC 155, which closed out 2012. read news >>