After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

Trading Shots: Who's winning – and losing – in the UFC's Reebok deal?

In this week’s Trading Shots, retired UFC/WEC fighter Danny Downes joins MMAjunkie columnist Ben Fowlkes to lend a former fighter’s perspective to the UFC’s Reebok payout numbers.Filed under: Feature read news >>

UFC Fight Night 65 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 65 event in Australia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those r read news >>

'Chopper' Chi Lewis-Parry on winning GLORY title: 'I'm going to take that gold and laugh'

"Chopper" says he will win the GLORY 21 "qualifier" tournament, then win the "contender" tournament, and eventually defeat Rico Verhoeven for the GLORY heavyweight title. The 6' 9" former basketball read news >>

Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor: Who's the UFC's Most Important Star?

Drawing power is a major point of success in today’s combat-sports landscape. The Floyd Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao fight proves just how important stars are at this point in time. With that in read news >>

Joe Lauzon is very, very happy with UFC's new Reebok payout structure

While his focus is on a Metamoris 6 grappling match and a UFC on FOX 16 bout with Takanori Gomi, UFC veteran Joe Lauzon is very happy with the changes to the payout structure for the UFC’s Reebok spo read news >>

UFC 187: Anthony Johnson has an important message for dumb people with stupid opinions

Are you one of the mixed martial arts (MMA) "fans" who keep insisting how the winner of Anthony Johnson vs. Daniel Cormier, who fight at UFC 187 later this month in Las Vegas, Nevada, won't emerge fr read news >>

Cris Cyborg responds to Marina Shafir’s comments: ‘She needs to start winning’

Is Marina Shafir the one to beat Cris Cyborg? Right after signing with Invicta FC, Shafir told Ariel Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour that she still has to "earn" the right to fight the In read news >>

Mayweather-Pacquiao live updates: Who is winning the fight right now?

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are headlining a pay-per-view (PPV) event this evening (Sat., May 2, 2015) that is being dubbed, "The Fight of the Century." We have delivered wall-to-wall coverag read news >>

Mayweather vs Pacquiao prediction: Who is winning the fight tonight?

Good things come to those who wait ... or so we hope. The most anticipated boxing match of the 21st century, Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao, takes place tonight (Sat., May 2, 2015) inside MGM Gr read news >>