After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

Two-division WSOF champ David Branch planning short reign at light heavyweight

LAS VEGAS – Winning titles in two different divisions is no easy feat in MMA. Holding two of them at the same time basically makes you a legend. But Branch doesn’t see a long reign for himself at 205 read news >>

UFC Zagreb Free Fight: Ben Rothwell Submits Matt Mitrione with Gogo Choke

Ben Rothwell rides a four-fight winning streak into his fight with Junior Dos Santos. Rothwell has finished all of those fights, including this Matt Mitrione sub. read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Conor McGregor on Winning Friends

There's no denying that Conor McGregor has had a tremendous impact in the Octagon and on the UFC's bottom line... and he's not shy about saying so. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 Results: The Real Winners and Losers from Sunday Croatia Card

An important sporting event aired Sunday afternoon. No, it wasn't the Masters, whatever that is. No, this Sunday was a day for violence, as UFC Fight Night 86 was broadcast live from Zagreb, Croatia. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 86 event in Croatia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some of tho read news >>

Benson Henderson not thinking of historic implications of winning Bellator title

Benson Henderson is just over a week away from his chance to become the first fighter in MMA history to win Bellator and UFC championship belts in a career.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 post-fight facts: Insane winning streak for Nurmagomedov stays alive

Saturday’s UFC on FOX 19 card was ravaged by injuries and fight changes. However, the FOX-televised card in Tampa, Fla., produced some eventful outcomes. Check out all the post-fight facts.Filed unde read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Since the early days when the sport was anything but a mainstream endeavor, the MMA industry has thrived and survived through various websites, forums and, perhaps most importantly, social-media plat read news >>

Former Olympian Henry Cejudo has eyes set on winning more gold (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The gold medalist will get his shot at the UFC flyweight championship on Saturday night against Demetrious Johnson. read news >>

Former Olympian Henry Cejudo has eyes set on winning more gold (Yahoo Sports)