After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

UFC Fight Night 71 predictions

The third UFC show in five days is here, and it features an important heavyweight battle for an aging veteran against a fighter looking to make good on what has been unfulfilled promise up to now. Th read news >>

Lawler, MacDonald and the “Fight of the Ever”

With both Lawler and MacDonald entering UFC 189 in the midst of three-fight winning streaks, the stage was set for the champion’s first title defense. A rematch of their UFC 167 battle, the results w read news >>

TUF 21 Finale reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC event, The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Ch read news >>

TUF 21 Finale post-fight facts: Thompson's winning streak second best at welterweight

Sunday’s UFC event saw four fights end in the opening round due to strikes. Check out more post-fight facts to come out of The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 189 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 189 event in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those messages.Fil read news >>

Pic: Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald scorecard had 'Red King' winning title at UFC 189

Rory MacDonald was literally four minutes away from winning the welterweight title and returning it to Canada, according to the scorecards at last Saturday night's (July 11, 2015) UFC 189 pay-per-vie read news >>

UFC 189 bonuses: 'Fight of the Night'? It's Dana White's 'Fight of the … Ever'

LAS VEGAS – It’s not too hard to figure out what the UFC 189 “Fight of the Night” was. But Dana White called it perhaps the “Fight of the Ever.” Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Conor McGregor's title-winning knockout of Chad Mendes at UFC 189

Conor McGregor said he was going to knock out Chad Mendes at UFC 189, and that's exactly how it played out. "The Notorious" lived up to his word when he stopped "Money " with strikes in the second ro read news >>

UFC 189's Conor McGregor receives shoutout from Irish Grammy award-winning rock band U2

"Notorious" garners a little more support from his Irish brethren ahead of his UFC 189 interim featherweight title clash with Chad Mendes TONIGHT (Sat. July 11, 2015). If you thought having legions o read news >>

Invicta FC 13's Irene Aldana on love of Mexico: Winning the belt 'is a way to show it'

LAS VEGAS – Irene Aldana has a humble demeanor ahead of what’s easily the most significant fight of her young career, one that could mean a lot for her home countryFiled under: Featured Videos, News, read news >>