Rousimar Palhares UFC on Versus 3Rousimar Palhares has found a new MMA home, and it’s with the World Series of Fighting.

Following a dismissal from the UFC for unsportsmanlike conduct, Palhares has signed with WSOF, MMAWeekly.com confirmed with company president Ray Sefo on Monday. USA Today / MMAJunkie.com first reported news of the signing.

Palhares (15-5) exited the UFC after the company decided to terminate his contract for “repeated incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct violating the UFC Fighter Code of Conduct.” The latest incident was Palhares’ lengthy hold of a heel-hook submission on Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29, which prompted UFC President Dana White to ban the fighter from competing in his company.

“This is the second incident we had with Palhares,” White told ESPN in October. “I’m going to cut him … He’s done.”

Done in the UFC, yes, but not in competition. Following his UFC release, Palhares was scheduled to compete in a no-gi jiu-jitsu match with Dean Lister at the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo, but had to back out of the contest due to injury. The fighter will once again get a chance to compete in MMA, this time with WSOF.

Palhares’ first WSOF match-up and opponent are yet to be determined, Sefo said. The fighter’s debut will likely happen in March 2014, according to the MMAJunkie.com report.

MMAWeekly.com will have updates on Palhares’ first WSOF match as more information becomes available.

 

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

World Series of Fighting Signs Undefeated Prospect Phil Hawes

  • 10 days ago
  • 16 views

World Series of Fighting has signed undefeated middleweight prospect Phil Hawes (3-0) to an exclusive, multi-year promotional agreement. read news >>

Rousimar Palhares, Mayhem Miller Both Lose by Stoppage at Minor MMA Event

  • 9 days ago
  • 127 views

Rousimar Palhares, the notorious submission grappler banned by both the UFC and World Series of Fighting, lost by first-round knockout Saturday at Venator FC 3, a small MMA promotion based in Italy. read news >>

With his back against the wall, Trujillo has found new life

  • 5 days ago
  • 3 views

Abel Trujillo was on a losing skid and knew he had to find a way to win in his last fight. So he listened to a coach who told him he had to start getting comfortable in the uncomfortable and now he's read news >>

Veteran Fighter Blas Avena Found Dead, Police Suspect Suicide

  • 25 days ago
  • 58 views

Thirty-two-year-old mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found deceased in his apartment. Police are investigating his passing as a possible suicide. read news >>

Blas Avena, Former MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 32

  • 25 days ago
  • 29 views

Former Bellator and WEC mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found dead at the age of 32 in his Las Vegas apartment just before noon PT on Wednesday, per TMZ Sports. The Las Vegas Metro Police Departm read news >>

World Series of Fighting 32 Gets New Main Event and Second Title Fight

  • 21 days ago
  • 2 views

World Series of Fighting has announced a new main event and second championship rematch between for WSOF 32: Moraes vs. Hill on July 30. read news >>

Belfort living the dream decades into career

  • 19 days ago
  • 0 views

Almost 20 years since his Octagon debut, Vitor Belfort is showing no signs of slowing in search of ufc glory read news >>

Newly Crowned ONE Atomweight Champ Angela Lee Signs Huge New Contract

  • 19 days ago
  • 18 views

Earlier in May, Angela Lee won the inaugural ONE women’s atomweight title. On Thursday, it was announced the 19-year-old had signed a bumper new pay deal. read news >>

Michael Chandler Will Battle Patricky Pitbull for Vacant Bellator Lightweight Title

  • 17 days ago
  • 2 views

Following the release of former lightweight champion Will Brooks, Bellator officials quickly followed up with an announcement to fill the vacancy. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

  • 13 days ago
  • 30 views

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>