Fallon FoxCourtesy of Damon Martin and official MMAWeekly.com content partner Bleacher Report.

Transgender fighter Fallon Fox has tackled the latest obstacle in her hope to remain a competitor in the state of Florida, and she will be allowed to compete at her next scheduled bout for Championship Fighting Alliance on May 24.

On Tuesday, the Florida Boxing Commission closed the investigation into Fox’s licensing application, which means she will be able to compete in the state in future fighting events.

Fox was issued a fight license by the state in early March, but the application she submitted was under review for “alleged discrepancies.”

“Fallon Fox was issued a Florida license on March 2, 2013. Our Department had been investigating alleged discrepancies in the information provided on the application, and during that investigation Fox’s license was not suspended or frozen; it was still active. The investigation was concluded yesterday,” said Sandi Poreda, Director of Communications for the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, in a statement emailed to Bleacher Report on Wednesday.  “Currently, there is nothing that would prohibit her from being proposed on a fight card in our state. We have not received any fight cards for future fights for her at this time.”

Fox has been at the center of controversy for the last several weeks after she revealed that while born a male, she underwent extensive treatment and eventually surgery to become female. The 37-year old fighter was competing in the CFA women’s 145-pound tournament where she recently knocked out her opponent in just 39-seconds.

On her application for a fight license, Fox had not disclosed her medical status as a transgender female.

Upon further review, the Florida commission didn’t believe there was enough information to support further action.

“The evidence does not support prosecution of the specified violations of Chapter 548, Florida Statutes, or the rules promulgated thereunder. Therefore this case should be closed,” read a statement by Roger Maas, Assistant General Counsel to the Florida commission.

The MMA world has been buzzing ever since she revealed her transgender status with everyone from UFC commentator Joe Rogan to former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate weighing in on the subject of whether Fox should be allowed to fight women having been born a man.

While several doctors have argued the point of Fox’s body chemistry as to whether or not she should be allowed to fight, the decision to allow her license to remain in tact ultimately came down to the Florida commission who will oversee her next scheduled fight.

That decision has now been made and Fox is cleared and her license remains valid.  Her next opponent is scheduled to be 2-1 fighter Allanna Jones, who stated as of earlier this week that she would face Fox in the next round of the tournament in May.

The finals of the tournament could come into some question however as Peggy Morgan, who sits on the other side of the bracket opposite of Fox, has stated that she will not face her should the two of them be paired together in the finals of the tournament.

“I do not think there is sufficient hard evidence to show that Fallon does not have physical advantages over the women she has fought,” Morgan said in a statement via her management’s website.  “I understand why people are advocating for Fallon and I appreciate that it is important to protect her rights, but I think it should be just as important to protect the safety of the other women in the tournament. Until I am presented with conclusive evidence that a fight with Fallon would, in fact, be fair, I will not be entering the cage with her.”

The CFA tournament will continue regardless with their next event in late May and now Fox has been officially cleared to return to action for her next fight regardless of who she may or may not face if she makes it to the tournament finals.

Check out more UFC coverage from official MMAWeekly.com content partner Bleacher Report and Damon Martin.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Cain Velasquez Details UFC 207 Removal, Declares His Readiness to Fight | MMAWeekly.com

  • 20 days ago
  • 22 views

After the Nevada Athletic Commission pulled Cain Velasquez from his UFC 207 bout with Fabricio Werdum, the former champion issued a lengthy statement. read news >>

UFC 207 medical suspensions: Ex-champs Ronda Rousey, Dominick Cruz get 45-day terms

  • 14 days ago
  • 22 views

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued mandatory medical suspensions to 11 fighters from this past weekend’s UFC 207 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Brock Lesnar Gets USADA Suspension in Addition to Nevada Sanctions | MMAWeekly.com

  • 13 days ago
  • 15 views

Brock Lesnar, after agreeing to a one-year sanction from the Nevada Athletic Commission, has received a similar punishment from USADA. read news >>

Nevada to Consider Lifting Ban on Cannabinoids | MMAWeekly.com

  • 7 days ago
  • 21 views

Nevada voters approved of marijuana in 2016, and now the Nevada Athletic Commission is considering excluding it from its list of prohibited substances. read news >>

Nevada commission to discuss proposal to exclude marijuana as banned substance

  • 6 days ago
  • 15 views

Marijuana infractions cost MMA vet Nick Diaz three years of his professional MMA career. But if an upcoming “regulation project” is successful, he’ll never run afoul of the Nevada State Athletic Comm read news >>

Nevada Athletic Commission to Discuss Taking Marijuana off Banned-Substances List | FIGHTLAND

  • 6 days ago
  • 5 views

Matt Riddle in High Times/March 2014 issue Rejoice, all you who love freedom and rationalism and fights between distracted athletes: This Friday the Nevada Athletic Commission will hold a hearing to read news >>

The Seeds and Stems of Nevada Commission Potentially Lifting Marijuana Ban | MMAWeekly.com

  • 6 days ago
  • 8 views

What happens if the Nevada Athletic Commission decides to remove marijuana from its banned substance list? read news >>

NSAC to evaluate removing pot from banned list, incorporate new unified rules

  • 4 days ago
  • 1 views

The Nevada State Athletic Commission today agreed to move forward on a regulatory project that will explore the possibility of removing marijuana as an anti-doping infraction.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nevada Commission Votes to Study Possible Changes to Marijuana's Prohibited Status | MMAWeekly.com

  • 4 days ago
  • 11 views

With the recent legalization of recreational marijuana in Nevada, the state's athletic commission voted to alter the substance's prohibited status. read news >>