Chris Camozzi UFC on FoxAfter suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC, Chris Camozzi was able to get back on track with a win over Dustin Jacoby in January. In the process, he was able to finally feel fully in synch with the promotion for the first time since debuting for them two years ago.

“The fight got me back in the win column, obviously, but it’s just another step for me to becoming more comfortable in the Octagon,” he said.

Camozzi told that he feels that comfort level will continue when he fights again on June 22 at UFC on FX 4.

“That was my fifth fight with them, and I feel like that is the most comfortable I’ve felt in there and that’s going to translate into this fight, as well,” he said. “I’m doing what I need to do and am able to think more clearly in there without the excitement and adrenaline affecting me.”

Even though he’s got a winning record for the UFC, Camozzi knows he has to stay on the winning track to ensure his spot with the company.

“I try not to think about it, and just go in and do my thing, but every fight now is important,” he said. “You can get cut at any moment, so every fight is the most important fight.”

On June 22, Camozzi feels he’ll have a good opportunity to build a winning streak when he takes on Nick Catone.

“I’m taller, I’m bigger, and I’m more well-rounded,” said Camozzi. “I think he’s a good wrestler and has good boxing, but I’ve gotten better everywhere. I know my wrestling hasn’t shown as much lately, but I am a good wrestler and I’m hoping it shows in this fight.

“I know he wants to take me down and hold me down, so I’ve got to make sure that doesn’t happen, use my reach and get the win.”

Catone is coming off an Achilles tendon injury, which sidelined him for over a year. When asked if he feels he can use this layoff to his advantage, Camozzi joked, “I hope so.”

On a more serious note, he added, “There might be a little ring rust, but who knows? He’s been sitting on the sidelines for a year watching everyone else fight, and I know I’d get stir crazy if I waited that long, so I’m expecting him to come stronger and hungrier than ever.”

Looking forward to the rest of the year, Camozzi is not only looking to secure his spot in the UFC, but also help pay for his impending nuptials after his recent engagement.

“I’m hoping to maybe get on the Denver card (UFC 150 on Aug. 11),” he said. “I’m always going to other guys’ hometowns to fight, so I’d love to have somebody come to Denver to fight me.

“Hopefully I can put this one away quick and then get on the Denver card and keep rolling from there. I’m not looking past this guy, but if things go perfectly, I’d like to get back in there and fight as soon as possible.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Ronda Rousey provides health update in post-UFC 193 comments, says she'll 'be back'

Ronda Rousey has finally spoke following the shocking loss of her UFC women’s bantamweight title in Saturday’s UFC 193 main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After Ronda Rousey's Weeklong Theater of the Absurd, It's Finally Time to Fight

Is there a fight in here somewhere, or did I hallucinate that? It turns out that, magically, it was not just a dream. Ronda Rousey is, indeed, an MMA fighter, and she will indeed fight. In fact, it's read news >>

UFC's Tyron Woodley on Ferguson aftermath, racism at Mizzou, and how to move forward

Tyron Woodley is a former All-American wrestler and team captain at the University of Missouri who’s now a top UFC welterweight contender. He spoke to Maggie Hendricks about civil unrest on the Mizzo read news >>

Brian Camozzi Signs 4-Fight Deal With Titan Fighting Championship

Undefeated Brian Camozzi, brother of UFC middleweight Chris Camozzi, has inked a four-fight deal with Titan Fighting Championships. read news >>

Michael McDonald to Finally Return at UFC 195

One-time UFC title challenger Michael McDonald is finally returning to the Octagon. read news >>

Daniel Straus Won the Bellator Belt with a Clipped Wing

Daniel Straus finally got a victory of Patricio "Pitbull" Freire and recaptured the Bellator belt, but it wasn't without a price. read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Finally Healthy, Abel Trujillo is Fight Ready

Abel Trujillo can’t pinpoint the exact details surrounding the day when he was given the green light to compete again after suffering a broken arm earlier this year, but suffice to say, he was more t read news >>

Bobby Lashley Questions Champion’s Bellator Hiatus

Bobby Lashley is looking forward to avenging his loss to James Thompson, but he's also questioning why Bellator's heavyweight champion disappeared. read news >>

Dana looks forward to 'great' Cruz-Dillashaw clash

"The Download" with Dana White is a exclusive interview with the boss, covering everything that's in the news. This week Dana talks about the main event of Fight Night Boston on Jan. 17 read news >>