Chris Camozzi UFC on FoxAfter suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC, Chris Camozzi was able to get back on track with a win over Dustin Jacoby in January. In the process, he was able to finally feel fully in synch with the promotion for the first time since debuting for them two years ago.

“The fight got me back in the win column, obviously, but it’s just another step for me to becoming more comfortable in the Octagon,” he said.

Camozzi told MMAWeekly.com that he feels that comfort level will continue when he fights again on June 22 at UFC on FX 4.

“That was my fifth fight with them, and I feel like that is the most comfortable I’ve felt in there and that’s going to translate into this fight, as well,” he said. “I’m doing what I need to do and am able to think more clearly in there without the excitement and adrenaline affecting me.”

Even though he’s got a winning record for the UFC, Camozzi knows he has to stay on the winning track to ensure his spot with the company.

“I try not to think about it, and just go in and do my thing, but every fight now is important,” he said. “You can get cut at any moment, so every fight is the most important fight.”

On June 22, Camozzi feels he’ll have a good opportunity to build a winning streak when he takes on Nick Catone.

“I’m taller, I’m bigger, and I’m more well-rounded,” said Camozzi. “I think he’s a good wrestler and has good boxing, but I’ve gotten better everywhere. I know my wrestling hasn’t shown as much lately, but I am a good wrestler and I’m hoping it shows in this fight.

“I know he wants to take me down and hold me down, so I’ve got to make sure that doesn’t happen, use my reach and get the win.”

Catone is coming off an Achilles tendon injury, which sidelined him for over a year. When asked if he feels he can use this layoff to his advantage, Camozzi joked, “I hope so.”

On a more serious note, he added, “There might be a little ring rust, but who knows? He’s been sitting on the sidelines for a year watching everyone else fight, and I know I’d get stir crazy if I waited that long, so I’m expecting him to come stronger and hungrier than ever.”

Looking forward to the rest of the year, Camozzi is not only looking to secure his spot in the UFC, but also help pay for his impending nuptials after his recent engagement.

“I’m hoping to maybe get on the Denver card (UFC 150 on Aug. 11),” he said. “I’m always going to other guys’ hometowns to fight, so I’d love to have somebody come to Denver to fight me.

“Hopefully I can put this one away quick and then get on the Denver card and keep rolling from there. I’m not looking past this guy, but if things go perfectly, I’d like to get back in there and fight as soon as possible.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Jason Novelli Heads into Titan FC 38 Co-Main Event Planning a Big Career Year

Finally getting his training on track, Jason Novelli heads into Saturday's Titan FC 38 with plans for it to be a career year for him. read news >>

Unbeaten James Vick Steps in to Face Evan Dunham at UFC 199

Lightweight Evan Dunham found out this week that he'd be facing a new opponent at UFC 199. read news >>

Overeem ready to finally claim his long-awaited title shot

Alistair Overeem’s journey to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division hasn’t gone quite as fast as expected. But on Sunday night, he gets his chance to make good on squandered opportunities by secu read news >>

Veteran Fighter Blas Avena Found Dead, Police Suspect Suicide

Thirty-two-year-old mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found deceased in his apartment. Police are investigating his passing as a possible suicide. read news >>

Blas Avena, Former MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 32

Former Bellator and WEC mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found dead at the age of 32 in his Las Vegas apartment just before noon PT on Wednesday, per TMZ Sports. The Las Vegas Metro Police Departm read news >>

Brandon Webb Taking Aim at Valor Fights Belt En Route to UFC

His ultimate goal is the UFC, but Brandon Webb aims at capturing the Valor Fights bantamweight belt while en route. read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino finally made her UFC debut, and while it wasn't against the opponent everyone once expected, she delivered a predictable result. Cyborg defeated Leslie Smith via first-roun read news >>

Stipe Miocic Finally Breaks Veteran Stranglehold on UFC Heavyweight Title

Back in January, after a scheduled matchup between Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum was postponed due to a Werdum injury, the Brazilian UFC heavyweight champ threw a little shade in the direction of read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Cris Justino finally made her UFC debut on Saturday night, but don't expect a superfight with Ronda Rousey anytime soon. read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)