Chad Robichaux (image courtesy of Chad Robichaux)Having been a year and a half since he last fought, World Series of Fighting bantamweight Chad “Robo” Robichaux was more than happy to get the opportunity to get back into action.

Being someone who thrives on competition, just getting ready for his return on Oct. 26 against Andrew Yates was a big thing for Robichaux.

“It was really nice to get off the bench and get back in there as a competitor,” said Robichaux.

“When I find out a date and an opponent, it really brings a lot of focus. There’s something about that day, that milestone, which gets everything else keyed in. My faith has to be on point, my family has to be on point, my diet and nutrition, the way I workout; everything has to be on point in order for me to be successful that day.”

Just getting the opportunity to fight again at one point seemed out almost out of the picture when Robichaux experienced health difficulties preparing for a Legacy FC fight last year.

“I had that fight scheduled with Will Campuzano, but with me cutting weight, I had kidney complications and I didn’t know what was going to happen from there,” said Robichaux. “But after six weeks, I got healthy again and just tried to find matches.

“I had a few opportunities with Legacy, but I had a potential opportunity with WSOF and they ended up making it happen.”

Despite being undersized to Yates, Robichaux was able to overcome the size difference and secure a second-round technical submission over his younger opponent.

“He was a much bigger competitor, so I knew I was going to have to push the pace and make it a match of who was going to have the tougher mindset and who was going to quit,” said Robichaux of Yates. “I knew if I did that with the big weight cut that he had, being pushed by an opponent like I am, he would break and that’s what happened.”

Robichaux finished the fight with a north-south choke, which is becoming something of a signature move for him.

“I do it a little bit different and have a unique way of putting pressure on the choke, so it’s one of my specialties that’s really hard to defend,” Robichaux told

“I tried it in the first round and (Yates) kind of shrimped his hips away, so I knew if I was going to go for it again, I’d have to be a little more precise with it. When I got it the second time, I knew I had it and knew the fight was over before he went to sleep.”

Now that he’s back in the fight game, Robichaux is eager to keep things rolling early next year.

“I don’t know who WSOF will want me to fight, but whoever they put in front of me, it’ll be a good, solid opponent,” he said. “I’m very excited for whoever they have, because I know it’s going to be a tough opponent and great competition.”

Return to Grace: WSOF's Jason High Back in the Cage After Shoving Referee

Jason High barely remembers the moment that changed his life last June. He has a left hand from current UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos to thank for that. It was a punch that wobbled his le read news >>

Next week's 'WSOF 25: 8-Man Lightweight Tournament' lineup set with 12 bouts

The lineup is set for next week’s “WSOF 25: 8-Man Lightweight Tournament” event, which features a mix of tourney and non-tourney bouts.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Michael McDonald to Finally Return at UFC 195

One-time UFC title challenger Michael McDonald is finally returning to the Octagon. read news >>

Daniel Straus Won the Bellator Belt with a Clipped Wing

Daniel Straus finally got a victory of Patricio "Pitbull" Freire and recaptured the Bellator belt, but it wasn't without a price. read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Featherweights Bekbulat Magomedov and Alexandre Bezerra sign with WSOF

WSOF has added depth to its featherweight roster by signing talented 145-pound fighters Bekbulat Magomedov and Alexandre Bezerra.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

WSOF's Jake Shields upset NSAC ignored Rousimar Palhares' eye-gouges

After his controversial WSOF 22 loss to Rousimar Palhares, Jake Shields’ biggest concern was not that Palhares held on to his fight-winning kimura for too long, but rather that he felt he was repeate read news >>

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Finally Healthy, Abel Trujillo is Fight Ready

Abel Trujillo can’t pinpoint the exact details surrounding the day when he was given the green light to compete again after suffering a broken arm earlier this year, but suffice to say, he was more t read news >>

WSOF sets rules for eight-man tourney at WSOF 25

The winner of an upcoming eight-man lightweight tournament could fight as many as 7 five-minute rounds, according to rules set by the WSOF in advance of the competition, which takes place at WSOF 25 read news >>