This past month’s UFC 168 officially drew an attendance of 15,650 for a live gate of $6,238,792.50.
Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer on Monday released the figures to MMAjunkie. UFC 168 took place Dec. 28 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena and aired live on pay-per-view, FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie.
The official tally makes the pay-per-view card the second highest-grossing MMA event at the box office in Nevada, according to an official list compiled by the NSAC. UFC 148, which took place July 7, 2012, at the same venue, drew a 15,104 attendance figure and a $6,901,655 live gate.
UFC 168 featured a middleweight title rematch between champ Chris Weidman and former kingpin Anderson Silva, who broke his leg in the second round of the fight and lost via TKO. The event’s co-feature saw women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey defend her title in a rematch with ex-Strikeforce champ Miesha Tate.
For UFC 168, 14,574 tickets were sold, while 1,076 “comp” tickets were issued. No tickets went unsold. The average paid ticket price was $428.07.
Initial box office estimates from the UFC were reported at $6.2 million on an attendance of 15,650.
The MGM Grand Garden Arena’s all-time top UFC gates as compiled by MMAjunkie include:
- UFC 148 (Silva vs. Sonnen II): $6,901,655 gate (15,104 attendance)
- UFC 168 (Weidman vs. Silva II): $6,238,792 gate (15,650)
- UFC 167 (St-Pierre vs. Hendricks): $5,759,350 gate (14,856)
- UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 (13,761)
- UFC 162 (Silva vs. Weidman): $4,826,450 (14,272)
- UFC 91 (Couture vs. Lesnar): $4,815,675 (14,272)
- UFC 71 (Liddell vs. Jackson): $4,304,000 (14,728)
- UFC 94 (St. Pierre vs. Penn II): $4,290,000 (14,885)
- UFC 116 (Lesnar vs. Carwin): $4,053,990 (12,740)
For more on UFC 168, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.
view original article >>