Bellator MMA LogoThe “Fight Master: Bellator MMA” coaches – Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, and Joe Warren – comment on their new role with Spike TV and Bellator MMA.

Former two-division UFC champion and UFC Hall of Famer Randy “The Natural” Couture feels his deal with Spike TV is a good opportunity and gets him back to his coaching roots.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me moving forward and for the sport of mixed martial arts,” said Couture during a Viacom press conference on Tuesday.

“I think coaching is where I started.  Before I ever started MMA, I was coaching at a university in Division I college wrestling.  It’s something I’ve always had an affinity for.  It’s something I enjoy.  I’m certainly a much better technical athlete now than I was six, seven, eight years ago.  All those things are things that bare on how I’ll coach and how I’ll relate to the athletes that I get to train on this show,” added Couture.

“It’s certainly nice to be working with a new promotion.  I’ve been interested and had a couple of athletes that I’ve trained that have already competed in Bellator, some of them making it all the way through to title fights, one of them in particular winning a title in Michael Chandler.  I like the progressive tournament format.  You get a chance to pick an athlete early in the tournament, follow them all the way through and I think you get a more significant chance to really see them develop and compete.  I think that’s what it’s about,” said Couture.

Former UFC, Strikeforce and WEC titleholder Frank Shamrock is excited for the reality show and what it can do for the sport of mixed martial arts.

“When Kevin Kay called me and told me what he wanted to do, I could hear the passion in his voice.  I could hear what he wanted to do with this sport, and for me, it was always about this sport.  This is one of the greatest sports.  It’s given me every opportunity to be successful, my family, my community.  Anyone who is willing to help out this sport and get behind it, I like to get behind them.  I got off that phone call very excited about the future of this show and the opportunities and the coaches.  He promised me the best in the world, and we got the best in the world.  I’m just excited about what this show could do for the sport,” said Shamrock.

For Greg Jackson, coaching on “Fight Master: Bellator MMA” is about helping athletes achieve their goals.

“The important thing is you can help as many people as you can help.  This gives me an opportunity, all of us really, an opportunity to kind of help these young fighters, up-and-coming that really work hard and deserve to have a place to showcase their skills, and it’s great they have this place,” said Jackson.

Greco-Roman wrestling standout and former Bellator featherweight champion Joe Warren rounds out the coaches and feels he’s carrying the Bellator flag into the reality show.

“I feel one advantage of being coached by me is being a person who has went through the tournament with Bellator and won a belt,” said Warren.  “Also, I’ve been with Bellator since the beginning.  I’m pretty much bleeding Bellator.  For me to have that kind of experience with Bjorn (Rebney) and the organization I think is awesome.  I think it will be a great coaching benefit.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Kimbo-Shamrock? Bellator champ 'Pitbull' says title fights 'should always' headline

Patricio Freire’s accomplishments in his Bellator MMA career are in a league of their own. Yet, “Pitbull’s” next bout is in a co-main-event position below two fighters who have never fought for the o read news >>

Bellator's Mike Richman suspended two years after failed drug test

Bellator MMA bantamweight Mike Richman and welterweight Fernando Gonzalez both failed post-fight drug tests following this past month’s Bellator 137 event, the California State Athletic Commission to read news >>

Bellator 138's Daniel Straus doesn't plan to be Henry Corrales' stepping-stone

Daniel Straus is a former Bellator MMA champion and tournament winner. He’s historically faced the biggest names the Bellator featherweight division has to offer, but that won’t be the case at Bellat read news >>

Video: Watch Spike TV and Bellator MMA documentary 'Finally: Kimbo vs. Shamrock'

On Saturday, Bellator 138 features a main event seven years in the making. Go inside the fight between “Kimbo Slice” and Ken Shamrock, starting with its origins and how the first booking fell apart t read news >>

Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice: Bellator 138 Predictions and Pre-Fight Comments

Looking to bring eyes to its product, Bellator MMA is bringing back Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice to headline Bellator 138 on Friday. An MMA pioneer, Shamrock has far more experience than his opponent read news >>

Fedor Emelianenko headed to Bellator MMA fan fest on Thursday with Royce Gracie and Tito Ortiz

Bellator MMA is pumping up the excitement in the St. Louis market by offering a meet and greet with autograph opportunities for fans of various MMA legends. If you live in the St. Louis market and ca read news >>

Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock video 'Finally' released for Bellator 138

The hype is real and ongoing as Bellator MMA approaches one of the biggest events of the year in "Kimbo vs. Shamrock," taking place on June 19, 2015 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Fe read news >>

Bellator 138 predictions: 'Kimbo vs Shamrock' main card Spike TV preview

Bellator MMA heads to Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., this weekend with a super duper special attraction in the main event. Bellator MMA comes to St. Louis, Mo., this Friday night (June 19, 2015) read news >>

Spike TV planning kickboxing, MMA hybrid show for fall; Glory to partner with Bellator

A joint kickboxing and MMA show is headed to Spike TV in the fall. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Glory Kickboxing has agreed to partner with Bellator MMA for a hybrid combat s read news >>

Bellator 138: Daniel Straus on 'manufactured beef' and not dwelling on avenging his losses

Bellator featherweight contender, Daniel Straus discusses the role that "manufactured beef" plays in MMA, the importance avenging his losses holds for him and how frustrating it's been to watch his t read news >>