After winning seven of his first eight fights, former Bellator bantamweight champion Joe Warren has suffered back-to-back losses for the first time in his career.

According to Warren, those are the kinds of risks you take when you face top tier talent.

“I believe the last year was rough, but I’m a prizefighter who fights for titles and those are tough fights,” said Warren. “Besides that, training is fine and I’m really healthy and more powerful at 135, and I believe it’s going to change my fighting style when I’m at a competitive weight class.

“Fighting a guy like Pat Curran, who is seven inches (taller) and 30 pounds bigger became a factor in the later rounds. Now I get to fight at a weight I’m comfortable at and I’m excited about it.”

Warren told that he feels at 135 pounds that his strength will make a difference in his fights.

“I’m stronger and can control (my opponents) a lot better than the 145ers,” he said. “A lot of 135ers can’t get me away from them when I attack them.”

Warren’s first test at his new weight comes against a fighter who is also in need of a win after consecutive losses, Owen Evinger, at Bellator 80 on Friday night in Hollywood, Fla.

“I feel really explosive and focused on the goal at hand – winning this fight,” said Warren. “I believe that my intensity and pressure will be too much for him and I’ll finish him.”

While he intends on pushing the pace, Warren says that he won’t overdo things in an effort to make a point to silence any of his critics.

“I’m not worried about statements,” said Warren. “I know who I am and what kind of athlete I am.

“I’m just worried about being technically correct, being explosive, letting my hands go at the right time and be able to finish situations and end the match. I’m just focused on my techniques and finishing the fight.”

With this being the last time Warren will fight for Bellator on MTV 2, a win will help him make a transition when the company moves to its new home at Spike TV next year and help recapture past glory.

“I think that’s the future right now, fighting on Spike for Bellator and winning another title,” he said. “My waist is feeling a little naked without a belt right now, so I want to go out and make it so I’m comfortable again.”

Watch Bellator 80 LIVE on, Friday at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT.

Bellator's Marcos Galvao confident he'll get trilogy rematch with Joe Warren – eventually

Marcos Galvao is looking for a fight. He had one, and he lost it. He thought he had a new one – and it would’ve been a doozy. But he lost that, too.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 146 gets Houston Alexander vs. Guilherme Viana and five more prelims

The lineup for Bellator 146 is complete with the addition of one main card bout and five preliminary contests.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kimbo Slice headlines Feb. 19 Bellator event, Lashley or Thompson potential opponent

Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson is expected to return to the cage Feb. 19 in a Bellator headliner in Houston against an opponent to be determined.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>

Michael Page sees Bellator title fight in future: 'Everyone's screaming for it to happen'

Michael Page added another victory to his undefeated resume at Bellator 144 this past weekend. Questions still remain, however, about how good Page really is.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Tim Kennedy rips Reebok deal, says he'd 'definitely' fight for Scott Coker in Bellator (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Kennedy, who says he hasn't gotten a check from Reebok, isn't exactly happy with the UFC right now. read news >>