Fedor Emelianenko interview during his recent MMA seminar

Picture

Earlier this week during his MMA seminar in Orenburg, Russia the legendary MMA fighter, former PRIDE FC champion and now president of Russian MMA Union, Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko (35–4-0-1 MMA) gave this interview:

Hello, Fedor

Hello

What are your thoughts about your seminar today?

Well, I have the warmest thoughts about this seminar. I tried to show the guys different techniques as they could to develop themselves as Mixed Martial Artists.

Did you see some response while showing them the techniques, did the students understand well?

You know, because the students had good questions, yes. The one thing I want to say, though, is that there was so little time because I wanted to show these guys even more. I hope the students learned some things from me and that they can keep practice that with their trainers later.

Where will the next seminars be, in which cities?

If God will, the next seminar will be in Chelyabinsk from 1st to 6th of March and later in Kemerovo, I think probably 14th of March.

Ok, Fedor, thanks for your interview.

We also have video and pictures of Fedor's recent MMA seminar.

From Yahoo Sports: The notoriously private Russian opens up more than in the past in an upcoming interview on an AXS TV series. read news >>

• a day ago

Legendary heavyweight fighter Fedor Emelianenko said in a recent interview with AXS TV that he has not regrets about not fighting in the UFC before he retired. read news >>

How did you get into MMA?I got into MMA back in 2009 when the fights came to my hometown, I saw one girl fight on the card and was like hell I could do that! I asked the promoter if i could be on the read news >>

ONE FC welterweight champion Ben Askren feels AXS TV Fights' Inside MMA program showed him an obvious bias towards the UFC—and a network executive doesn't seem to disagree. The "Funky" one appeared o read news >>

• 10 hours ago

The never ending saga between UFC president Dana White and his white whale continues. The reasons as to why former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko never graced the Octagon depend on who read news >>

• 9 hours ago

What the the great fight in Pride FC history? Plus, on the latest Great MMA Debate podcast, Roy Nelson and Myles Jury stop by to talk about their upcoming fights at Saturday's UFC Japan. read news >>

• an hour ago

UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson doesn't think former Pride champion Fedor Emelianenko or current UFC titleholder Cain Velasquez qualifies as the best heavyweight fighter ever—but it's nothing personal, be read news >>

And I'm pretty sure you won't hear any complaints from fans, either. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight titleholder Randy Couture was oh-so-close to having a 265-pound showdown a read news >>

Former UFC champion Randy Couture revealed that he would be very interested in a grappling match-up against Fedor Emelianenko at Metamoris. Even though he retired from professional competition severa read news >>