Charlie Brenneman scored the biggest win of his career in June when he stepped in at the last minute and won a unanimous decision over Rick Story at UFC Live 4.

He’s back in action Saturday at UFC Live 6 in what could be another pivotal moment in his career. Ahead of his bout against Anthony Johnson, Brenneman joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss strategy, the UFC welterweight division and how his life has changed since his upset win over Story.

On whether fans recognize him now: “When I went to the UFC in Philly a couple of months ago, it blew my mind how many people knew me. When I fought out in Oakland or North Carolina, I would fight and then I would go get a beer or something and nobody even knew who I was. Here, it was as soon as I walked into the weigh-ins or in the lobby, it was, ‘Hey, can I get an autographed picture?’ I love it. That’s part of what fuels me to do what I do.”

On how he views the Story win: “I don’t rest on my laurels with that. It’s one of those things that it was neat that it happened. I’m fortunate that everything came together, but the business works like this: You’re as big as your next fight. It’s like, if I don’t do well against Anthony Johnson, then I’m a has-been, I got lucky, et cetera, et cetera. I really need to prove myself with this fight.”

On how he’ll approach the fight with Johnson: “I’m just going to keep moving. If he wants to strike with me, I’m not afraid to strike with him. Is it the smartest thing? Probably not, but I’ll do what I can to use that to my advantage.”

On Johnson’s performance against Dan Hardy: “Nothing against Dan Hardy -- he's a good guy -- but [Johnson] outwrestled Dan Hardy. Dan Hardy is not known to have very good wrestling. I think the reason that Johnson looked so good was because he dictated the fight. Whenever you can [choose] the path that you’re going to take and it goes accordingly, that’s a lot easier on your body. Had Hardy stopped those takedowns, had he made Anthony really fight for that stuff, then that puts a different twist on it. But to simply outwrestle Dan Hardy, no, that doesn’t intimidate me very much.”

On the size advantage Johnson will have and how much weight he cuts: “It definitely dictates what I’m going to try to do and how I try to do it. If I go punch for punch with him, it’s probably not going to be the smartest thing for me. I have to utilize my other skills as well.”

On whether a win puts him in the title hunt: “I agree with the people that I need to prove more than just beating Rick Story. But yeah, if I can beat Anthony Johnson, back to back, him and Story, then absolutely: I think I deserve to be in that mix. I don’t really think anyone would disagree with that argument.”

On who will win the upcoming bout between Johny Hendricks and Jon Fitch: “Hendricks and Fitch is an interesting fight. It’s one of those things where I definitely think Hendricks has the ability to beat him. I don’t think he will. I think Fitch will come out on top in this one, but a lot of people look at Fitch and Koscheck in the same realm that as long GSP is the champ, they’re not really going to get a crack at the title. That just depends on the bosses.”

On who will win between Georges St. Pierre and Carlos Condit: “I think GSP. I don’t want to say it’s going to be an easy fight. I just don’t see Condit having anything for GSP that he hasn’t seen before. With GSP’s wrestling-heavy game [and] Condit’s lack of wrestling, I see [GSP] taking it pretty decisively.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 41:33).

Six biggest MMA storylines of 2016 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Conor McGregor's hunt for a second title is at the forefront of the conversation, but that's not all we have to look forward to this year. read news >>

Six biggest MMA storylines of 2016 (Yahoo Sports)

Dana White Explains Frank Fertitta's Reaction to Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has lifted the lid on Frank Fertitta's attention-grabbing reaction to Conor McGregor's 13-second knockout victory over Jose Aldo at UFC 194 in Dece read news >>

Fernando Gonzalez vs. Michael Page gets Bellator 151 co-main event spot

Michael Page will take the next step in his Bellator career when he faces streaking welterweight Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 151.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Nick Diaz's UFC Suspension Reduced to 18 Months: Latest Details and Reaction

Nick Diaz will be permitted to return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 1 after it was confirmed his five-year drug suspension had been reduced to 18 months, along with a $100,000 fine. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Unlikely to Fight at UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey will not fight at UFC 200 as previously planned because of scheduling commitments related to her movie career. According to UFC President Dana Wh read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Reportedly Released from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Reaction

Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie.com reported Thursday the UFC released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the company.The news coincides with Silva recanting his previous claim this past summer that read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81's Daron Cruickshank: 'Desperate animal is going to fight for its life'

BOSTON – Lightweight Daron Cruickshank’s career with the UFC has been bumpy to say the least. The “Detroit Superstar” has been shoved into the corner, and the way he sees it, he’s got only one way ou read news >>

Dana White Video: Ronda Rousey is the Biggest Star in the UFC, Bigger than Conor McGregor

Despite losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November, UFC president Dana White says that "Ronda Rousey is still the biggst star in the UFC." read news >>

'UFC 197: dos Anjos vs. McGregor' tickets top out at $1,454

If you want to see the biggest event so far on the UFC’s 2016 schedule – and you want to do it from cageside – get ready to open your wallet.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>