Fabricio Werdum 767SF-478x270UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum recently finished being a coach on the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He has offered to do it again in Mexico opposite UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

The Brazilian does UFC commentary in Spanish and could be a perfect fit for the job.

“I mentioned about doing an Ultimate Fighter in Mexico.  For those who don’t know, I am a commentator for the UFC in Spanish because I can speak in Spanish as a commentator because I lived many years in Spain,” said Werdum. “I gave the idea to the UFC about doing an Ultimate Fighter against Cain Velasquez in Mexico.”

There’s one major hiccup in him coaching opposite Velasquez.

“I don’t know if he’s going to beat Junior dos Santos.  It’s going to be a good fight,” he said.

Velasquez and dos Santos will fight for the third time later this year.

The two first faced off in the UFC’s debut event on the Fox networks on Nov. 12, 2011.  Dos Santos knocked out Velasquez in just over a minute in the opening round.

In a rematch at UFC 155, Velasquez avenged the loss by dominating dos Santos through five rounds of fighting.

Werdum’s next career move hinges on the trilogy’s outcome.

“I’m going to be there, observing both of them.  I have to wait for both of them to fight,” said the 35-year-old.

Werdum hadn’t fought in nearly a year prior to his UFC on Fuel TV 10 submission of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on June 8.  He would prefer not to sit out for another extended period, but would if a title shot was waiting at the end of the time off.

“I’ve already spent one year without fighting because I did The Ultimate Fighter in Brazil, so I wouldn’t like for that to happen again, but if the UFC says, ‘Wait Werdum, wait a little bit more.  Do The Ultimate Fighter and then fight the champion,’ I’ll definitely wait.  And I’ll be working out to become the champion,” he said.

Werdum’s motives aren’t purely about obtaining a title fight, he also believes there’s not enough mixed martial arts in Latin America.

“I think it’s a great idea to be able to show a little bit of our sport in Latin America because Latin America is lacking our sport,” said the heavyweight contender. “And I think it would be something very good to be able to get all this audience because if it’s an audience that likes it, it’s very easy.  We need to go after those that don’t know our sport.”

Hall of Famers Liddell, Griffin to coach on The Ultimate Fighter Latin America season 3

For the first time in UFC history, the The Ultimate Fighter series will feature two UFC legends and Hall of Famers, Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, as coaches in the first season to be filmed and read news >>

UFC 198 Free Fight: Fabricio Werdum Taps Out Cain Velasquez

Fabricio Werdum became the undisputed heavyweight champion when he defeated Cain Velasquez at UFC 188. Watch the full fight! read news >>

UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Extended Video Preview

It’s a heavyweight showdown as champion Fabricio Werdum takes on Stipe Miocic. Plus, former champion Vitor Belfort faces submission specialist Jacare Souza. read news >>

Conor McGregor’s Coach Hints at Irishman’s Return, Announcement Coming Soon

Conor McGregor's coach, John Kavanagh, on Tuesday hinted at the Irishman's comeback... no, not at UFC 200. read news >>

UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin to coach 'TUF: Latin America 3'

The upcoming season of “TUF: Latin America 3” will feature an interesting wrinkle as retired UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin will handle coaching duties.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin to Coach TUF Latin America 3

For the first time in UFC history, the The Ultimate Fighter series will feature two UFC legends and Hall of Famers, Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, as coaches. read news >>

UFC Cancels The Ultimate Fighter Tryout Slated for April 25 in Las Vegas

UFC announced on Tuesday that the open casting call for the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter, originally scheduled for April 25, has been canceled. read news >>

UFC scraps planned April 25 Season 24 flyweight tryouts for 'The Ultimate Fighter'

After announcing a week ago the information for tryouts for a fall season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” the UFC today scrapped those plans.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter Finale: Latin America 3 Finale Event Page and Fight Card

TUF Latin America 3 Finale (The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Finale) fight card rumors and start times for November 5, 2016, in Mexico City, Mexico. read news >>