Fabricio Werdum 767SF-478x270UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum recently finished being a coach on the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He has offered to do it again in Mexico opposite UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

The Brazilian does UFC commentary in Spanish and could be a perfect fit for the job.

“I mentioned about doing an Ultimate Fighter in Mexico.  For those who don’t know, I am a commentator for the UFC in Spanish because I can speak in Spanish as a commentator because I lived many years in Spain,” said Werdum. “I gave the idea to the UFC about doing an Ultimate Fighter against Cain Velasquez in Mexico.”

There’s one major hiccup in him coaching opposite Velasquez.

“I don’t know if he’s going to beat Junior dos Santos.  It’s going to be a good fight,” he said.

Velasquez and dos Santos will fight for the third time later this year.

The two first faced off in the UFC’s debut event on the Fox networks on Nov. 12, 2011.  Dos Santos knocked out Velasquez in just over a minute in the opening round.

In a rematch at UFC 155, Velasquez avenged the loss by dominating dos Santos through five rounds of fighting.

Werdum’s next career move hinges on the trilogy’s outcome.

“I’m going to be there, observing both of them.  I have to wait for both of them to fight,” said the 35-year-old.

Werdum hadn’t fought in nearly a year prior to his UFC on Fuel TV 10 submission of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on June 8.  He would prefer not to sit out for another extended period, but would if a title shot was waiting at the end of the time off.

“I’ve already spent one year without fighting because I did The Ultimate Fighter in Brazil, so I wouldn’t like for that to happen again, but if the UFC says, ‘Wait Werdum, wait a little bit more.  Do The Ultimate Fighter and then fight the champion,’ I’ll definitely wait.  And I’ll be working out to become the champion,” he said.

Werdum’s motives aren’t purely about obtaining a title fight, he also believes there’s not enough mixed martial arts in Latin America.

“I think it’s a great idea to be able to show a little bit of our sport in Latin America because Latin America is lacking our sport,” said the heavyweight contender. “And I think it would be something very good to be able to get all this audience because if it’s an audience that likes it, it’s very easy.  We need to go after those that don’t know our sport.”

UFC 193's Jake Matthews: I lost to James Vick because I got cocky

MELBOURNE, Australia – UFC lightweight and “The Ultimate Fighter: Nations” vet Jake Matthews thinks of himself as a pretty humble guy, but even he’s not immune to the power of the spotlight.Filed und read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber - Ep. 8 Preview

The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber airs on Wednesday, November 11 at 10pm ET on FOX Sports 1. read news >>

TUF Latin America 2 - Episode 12 Preview

It's all come down to this. When The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 2 started this season, 16 UFC hopefuls from thousands of miles away uprooted their lives to move to Las Vegas for six weeks for read news >>

Ronda Rousey’s Rowdy Questions: Would You Coach TUF Again and Favorite Fighter?

In this latest quick clip, Ronda Rousey talks about whether or not she would consider coaching on TUF again, and lays down her pick for her favorite UFC fighter. read news >>

Lube Company Offers Ronda Rousey Lifetime Supply After She Disses Use of Product

If she was into sexual lubricants, Ronda Rousey just scored a pretty sweet deal. read news >>

VIDEO: Coach Says Georges St-Pierre Training for Possible UFC Return

Former UFC champ Georges St-Pierre is considering a return to fighting. The 34-year-old is doing a mock training camp with Freddie Roach to determine his desire. read news >>

'The Ultimate Fighter 22' blog: James Jenkins on episode No. 7

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 22” cast member James Jenkins discusses the season’s seventh episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 22, Episode 7 Notes: Backyard Brawl Narrowly Avoided

The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber returned to Fox Sports 1 on Wednesday with another preliminary-round fight and a narrowly avoided backyard brawl. read news >>

Episode No. 7 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 22: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber'

Check out a recap of episode No. 7 of “The Ultimate Fighter 22,” the latest installment of the UFC’s long-running reality series, this time featuring coaches Conor McGregor and Urijah Faber.Filed und read news >>

Will Brooks claims ‘Pitbull’ brothers assault, says video proof; coach denies

Bellator lightweight champion Will Brooks said he was assaulted by the “Pitbull” brothers – Patricio Freire and Patricky Freire – today in a hotel in St. Louis and said there is video to prove it.Fil read news >>