Fabricio Werdum 767SF-478x270UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum recently finished being a coach on the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He has offered to do it again in Mexico opposite UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

The Brazilian does UFC commentary in Spanish and could be a perfect fit for the job.

“I mentioned about doing an Ultimate Fighter in Mexico.  For those who don’t know, I am a commentator for the UFC in Spanish because I can speak in Spanish as a commentator because I lived many years in Spain,” said Werdum. “I gave the idea to the UFC about doing an Ultimate Fighter against Cain Velasquez in Mexico.”

There’s one major hiccup in him coaching opposite Velasquez.

“I don’t know if he’s going to beat Junior dos Santos.  It’s going to be a good fight,” he said.

Velasquez and dos Santos will fight for the third time later this year.

The two first faced off in the UFC’s debut event on the Fox networks on Nov. 12, 2011.  Dos Santos knocked out Velasquez in just over a minute in the opening round.

In a rematch at UFC 155, Velasquez avenged the loss by dominating dos Santos through five rounds of fighting.

Werdum’s next career move hinges on the trilogy’s outcome.

“I’m going to be there, observing both of them.  I have to wait for both of them to fight,” said the 35-year-old.

Werdum hadn’t fought in nearly a year prior to his UFC on Fuel TV 10 submission of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on June 8.  He would prefer not to sit out for another extended period, but would if a title shot was waiting at the end of the time off.

“I’ve already spent one year without fighting because I did The Ultimate Fighter in Brazil, so I wouldn’t like for that to happen again, but if the UFC says, ‘Wait Werdum, wait a little bit more.  Do The Ultimate Fighter and then fight the champion,’ I’ll definitely wait.  And I’ll be working out to become the champion,” he said.

Werdum’s motives aren’t purely about obtaining a title fight, he also believes there’s not enough mixed martial arts in Latin America.

“I think it’s a great idea to be able to show a little bit of our sport in Latin America because Latin America is lacking our sport,” said the heavyweight contender. “And I think it would be something very good to be able to get all this audience because if it’s an audience that likes it, it’s very easy.  We need to go after those that don’t know our sport.”

Conor McGregor and Urijah Faber to coach season 22 of 'The Ultimate Fighter'

UFC president Dana White has confirmed that interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor and Urijah Faber will coach a USA vs. Europe edition of TUF. On Friday, Conor McGregor was seen getting into read news >>

Conor McGregor, Urijah Faber coach Season 22 of 'The Ultimate Fighter' – U.S. vs. Europe

LAS VEGAS – The fall season of “The Ultimate Fighter” is set, and arguably the UFC’s biggest star will be one of the coaches. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor, Urijah Faber slated to coach next season of The Ultimate Fighter

It turns out Conor McGregor wasn't done making headlines this weekend after his UFC 189 victory over Chad Mendes. In a surprise move, UFC president Dana White announced Sunday night that McGregor wil read news >>

Conor McGregor to Coach on 'The Ultimate Fighter' Opposite Urijah Faber

For a time, it seemed like newly minted interim champ Conor McGregor would be able to relax a bit before his title-unification bout against the long-reigning—but oft-injured—featherweight kingpin Jos read news >>

Video: Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum separated following confrontation in Bangkok

Thankfully, Jean-Claude Van Damme was there to keep the peace. Newly-crowned Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion, Fabricio Werdum, nearly had an instant rematch against the very read news >>

VIDEO: Jean-Claude Van Damme Separates Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez

So what exactly went down here where actor Jean-Claude Van Damme stepped in to separate UFC champion Fabricio Werdum and fellow heavyweight Cain Velasquez? read news >>

Andrei Arlovski not impressed with Fabricio Werdum, not interested in heavyweight belt

MMA veteran Andrei Arlovski discuses Fabricio Werdum's performance against Cain Velasquez at UFC 188 and reveals his motivation for fighting. Andrei Arlovski is one of MMA's most notorious heavyweigh read news >>

UFC 189 and The Ultimate Fighter Finale: Live press conference video stream

I'm not sure what else there is to say about UFC 189 that hasn't already been said, but let's be honest, we're all just here for the staredowns. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see the height diff read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale Preliminary Card Predictions

International Fight Week is upon us, and one of the biggest cards of the year is set to go down. That's right, UFC 189 is here and features two title fights. That said, the end of another season of T read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 12

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s final episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>