Fabricio Werdum 767SF-478x270UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum recently finished being a coach on the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He has offered to do it again in Mexico opposite UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

The Brazilian does UFC commentary in Spanish and could be a perfect fit for the job.

“I mentioned about doing an Ultimate Fighter in Mexico.  For those who don’t know, I am a commentator for the UFC in Spanish because I can speak in Spanish as a commentator because I lived many years in Spain,” said Werdum. “I gave the idea to the UFC about doing an Ultimate Fighter against Cain Velasquez in Mexico.”

There’s one major hiccup in him coaching opposite Velasquez.

“I don’t know if he’s going to beat Junior dos Santos.  It’s going to be a good fight,” he said.

Velasquez and dos Santos will fight for the third time later this year.

The two first faced off in the UFC’s debut event on the Fox networks on Nov. 12, 2011.  Dos Santos knocked out Velasquez in just over a minute in the opening round.

In a rematch at UFC 155, Velasquez avenged the loss by dominating dos Santos through five rounds of fighting.

Werdum’s next career move hinges on the trilogy’s outcome.

“I’m going to be there, observing both of them.  I have to wait for both of them to fight,” said the 35-year-old.

Werdum hadn’t fought in nearly a year prior to his UFC on Fuel TV 10 submission of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on June 8.  He would prefer not to sit out for another extended period, but would if a title shot was waiting at the end of the time off.

“I’ve already spent one year without fighting because I did The Ultimate Fighter in Brazil, so I wouldn’t like for that to happen again, but if the UFC says, ‘Wait Werdum, wait a little bit more.  Do The Ultimate Fighter and then fight the champion,’ I’ll definitely wait.  And I’ll be working out to become the champion,” he said.

Werdum’s motives aren’t purely about obtaining a title fight, he also believes there’s not enough mixed martial arts in Latin America.

“I think it’s a great idea to be able to show a little bit of our sport in Latin America because Latin America is lacking our sport,” said the heavyweight contender. “And I think it would be something very good to be able to get all this audience because if it’s an audience that likes it, it’s very easy.  We need to go after those that don’t know our sport.”

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 4: Episode 4 Recap

In the latest episode of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 4, one team is still in shock over losing their coach just days into filming the show, while the other side of the competition spends a day on the read news >>

TUF Brazil 4 Coach Profile - Minotauro Nogueira

After two stints coaching on The Ultimate Fighter, Brazilian MMA icon Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira probably thought that his days on reality television were over. But when fellow icon Anderso read news >>

Video: Fabricio Werdum has real UFC heavyweight title because Cain Velasquez hasn't fought in two years

Video: Fabricio Werdum says (via YouTube) that his UFC heavyweight title is the real one because heavyweight champion and fellow UFC 188 pay-per-view (PPV) headliner Cain Velasquez has not competed i read news >>

Junior dos Santos wants Werdum rematch in Brazil if Vai Cavalo wins the title

Junior dos Santos analysed Fabricio Werdum's chances against Cain Velasquez at UFC 188 and says he would like to rematch his fellow Brazilian in their home country, should Werdum emerge victorious ag read news >>

Cain Velasquez says Fabricio Werdum's interim title 'doesn't matter'

UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez discusses his upcoming championship clash with Fabricio Werdum at UFC 188. UFC gold is just an accessory to Mexican-American heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez. read news >>

UFC's Stipe Miocic: I have what it takes to beat Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum

• 6 hours ago

Affable as he is self-deprecating, UFC heavyweight Stipe Miocic jokes that a fan of his is “one of not many.”Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC champ Cain Velasquez on training: Most prepared 'when I actually fight for a fight'

The best, top-ranked heavyweight in MMA soon returns to the cage for the first time since 2013. And though he’s tweaked the way he prepares for a fight, he’s said he’s still not changing the fundamen read news >>

UFC 188 Free Fight: Cain Velasquez Destroys Brock Lesnar

Cain Velasquez took the UFC heavyweight title from Brock Lesnar at UFC 121. Watch the full fight. read news >>

UFC free-fight: Watch Cain Velasquez demolish & dethrone Brock Lesnar at UFC 121

To promote UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez's return at UFC 188 against interim champ Fabricio Werdum, the UFC has released the full UFC 121 bout between Velasquez and then-champ Brock Lesnar. Re read news >>