Fabricio Werdum 767SF-478x270UFC heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum recently finished being a coach on the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He has offered to do it again in Mexico opposite UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

The Brazilian does UFC commentary in Spanish and could be a perfect fit for the job.

“I mentioned about doing an Ultimate Fighter in Mexico.  For those who don’t know, I am a commentator for the UFC in Spanish because I can speak in Spanish as a commentator because I lived many years in Spain,” said Werdum. “I gave the idea to the UFC about doing an Ultimate Fighter against Cain Velasquez in Mexico.”

There’s one major hiccup in him coaching opposite Velasquez.

“I don’t know if he’s going to beat Junior dos Santos.  It’s going to be a good fight,” he said.

Velasquez and dos Santos will fight for the third time later this year.

The two first faced off in the UFC’s debut event on the Fox networks on Nov. 12, 2011.  Dos Santos knocked out Velasquez in just over a minute in the opening round.

In a rematch at UFC 155, Velasquez avenged the loss by dominating dos Santos through five rounds of fighting.

Werdum’s next career move hinges on the trilogy’s outcome.

“I’m going to be there, observing both of them.  I have to wait for both of them to fight,” said the 35-year-old.

Werdum hadn’t fought in nearly a year prior to his UFC on Fuel TV 10 submission of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on June 8.  He would prefer not to sit out for another extended period, but would if a title shot was waiting at the end of the time off.

“I’ve already spent one year without fighting because I did The Ultimate Fighter in Brazil, so I wouldn’t like for that to happen again, but if the UFC says, ‘Wait Werdum, wait a little bit more.  Do The Ultimate Fighter and then fight the champion,’ I’ll definitely wait.  And I’ll be working out to become the champion,” he said.

Werdum’s motives aren’t purely about obtaining a title fight, he also believes there’s not enough mixed martial arts in Latin America.

“I think it’s a great idea to be able to show a little bit of our sport in Latin America because Latin America is lacking our sport,” said the heavyweight contender. “And I think it would be something very good to be able to get all this audience because if it’s an audience that likes it, it’s very easy.  We need to go after those that don’t know our sport.”

UFC 203 Free Fight: Fabricio Werdum’s Submission Win Over Cain Velasquez

At UFC 188 in June 2015, Fabricio Werdum won the heavyweight title by submitting Cain Velasquez. Watch the full fight video. read news >>

UFC 203 Countdown Video: Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne seek an emphatic win in a rematch of their 2014 bout in the UFC 203 co-main event. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 24: Ep. 2 Preview

Cultures in the house clash and worlds collide in the Octagon as the Shooto champ takes on the South African warrior. Don't miss an all-new The Ultimate Fighter on FS1 at 10pm/7pm ETPT tonight. read news >>

Cain Velasquez: I'll Do Full Camp in Mexico City If I Fight There Again

You can take all those "sea-level Cain Velasquez" jokes and shove them in a sack. That seems to be what Velasquez wants to have happen, at least if some of his recent comments and a few glugs of humo read news >>

Ultimate Fighter Latin America Ep 3 preview

Following Walter Zamora's decision victory over rival John Bedoya last week on The Ultimate Fighter Latin America, the next matchup was announced, as Team Liddell's Ilianovich Chalo was matched up wi read news >>

Travis Browne, 'I'm Here to Piss in His Cheerios' (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Fabricio Werdum has hatched a plan, but seems to have forgotten that Travis Browne might have plans of his own for UFC 203. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Reveals His Plan to Get the Title Back (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum plans to get back to a title fight by defeating Travis Browne again at UFC 203 on Saturday. read news >>

The past and present of Werdum vs Browne

Fabricio Werdum defeated Travis Browne by decision in 2014 that ultimately led to a title shot. On Saturday at UFC 203 the two will meet again in a pivotal rematch. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum, Urijah Faber, Other Fighters Stuck in Elevator Before UFC 203

Every bad guy in the hotel had to be counting their lucky stars they weren't on this elevator. It wouldn't have ended well for them. Not when Fabricio Werdum, Urijah Faber, CB Dollaway and a host of read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Kicks Travis Browne's Coach in Cage After Fight at UFC 203

UFC 203 will go down as one of the UFC's stranger cards, but even on a night with a 0-0 ex-WWE wrestler making his MMA debut, nothing tops what happened after the co-main event fight between Fabricio read news >>