After suffering the first two losses of his career in consecutive fights, Evan Dunham has now won two straight and is back in the title hunt at 155 pounds.

Most recently he stopped Nik Lentz on Jan. 28 at UFC on Fox 2. Now he has his eye on the Feb. 26 matchup between Joe Lauzon and Anthony Pettis.

“I’m really looking forward to hopefully taking on the [winner] of Pettis and Lauzon,” Dunham told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “I haven’t heard anything from the UFC or anything like that, but that’s who I have in mind and that’s who I would like to fight, would be the winner of that fight.”

Lauzon-Pettis is scheduled to take place on the UFC 144 main card. Both are coming off victories, with Pettis outpointing Jeremy Stephens in his last bout and Lauzon submitting Melvin Guillard.

“I think both of those guys are phenomenal fighters,” Dunham said of Pettis and Lauzon. “They’re both up there really pushing for that top slot to get into title contention. I see that as a perfect fight for me to go in there and take one of those guys out and place myself there.”

Dunham won his first four fights in the UFC before losing a controversial split decision to Sean Sherk. He dropped his next match too, getting stopped by Guillard, but then bounced back last September with a unanimous decision over Shamar Bailey. The Bailey win was the second and last fight for Dunham in 2011. He hopes to be more active in 2012.

“I want to get in there at least three more times this year and make it four fights this year,” Dunham said. “Usually I get in about three. Last year I had only two because of an injury. I’m looking to make that up this year.”

If the UFC does give him the winner of Lauzon-Pettis, then he thinks he’ll be fighting Lauzon next.

“I think I’m going to go with Lauzon,” said Dunham, predicting Lauzon to get by Pettis. “He’s got a better ground game. If he can kind of negate the standup a bit and get it to the ground, I think he can win on the ground, but it’s going to be a close fight. Both of those guys are tough and really talented. It’s just going to be who is able to implement their game.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:03:30).

UFC 200 Cormier vs. Jones 2 Main Card – Make Your Fight Picks!

Who is going to win the UFC 200 main card bouts? We'll all find out on Saturday night, but before then, pick your winners here. read news >>

UFC 200: Submission Artist Joe Lauzon's 5 Bossest Submissions

At UFC 200 on Saturday, Joe Lauzon heads the Fight Pass prelims when he faces Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Diego Sanchez. Lauzon, however, is a seasoned BJJ practitioner as well and has routinely e read news >>

UFC 200 Predictions: Odds and Picks for Cormier vs. Silva Card

Jon Jones' removal from the card will cast a big shadow over UFC 200, but the event still promises to be one of the biggest of the year. UFC announced late Wednesday night that Jones wouldn't be figh read news >>

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

For as long as it lasted, Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon was everything we thought it would be at UFC 200 on Saturday. Sanchez came right out to the center of the Octagon as always. He pressured Lauzon read news >>

VIDEO: Joe Lauzon on Quick Win Over Diego Sanchez: ‘Nice to Not Feel Like I Was in a Car Wreck’

Joe Lauzon talks about his win over Diego Sanchez. While fans expected a war, Lauzon is completely happy having made quick work of Sanchez. read news >>

UFC 200 starts with three quick TKO's

UFC 200 got off to a quick start as Jim Miller, Gegard Mousasi and Joe Lauzon all recorded first round TKO's to start an historic night. read news >>

Jim Miller vs. Joe Lauzon Rematch Added to UFC on FOX 21

Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon are poised to fight at UFC on FOX 21 in a rematch of their epic battle that dates back to UFC 155, which closed out 2012. read news >>

UFC on Fox 20 Video Highlights: Valentina Shevchenko Picks Holly Holm Apart

Check out highlights as former bantamweight champion Holly Holm stepped inside the Octagon for the first time since losing the belt, facing Valentina Shevchenko. read news >>

Holly Holm’s MMA Career Enters Uncharted Waters After Back-to-Back UFC Losses

In an eight-month span, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s career has taken a nose-dive since dethroning Ronda Rousey. read news >>