Erick Silva is in no rush.

Though many have pointed to the 28-year-old Brazilian as a welterweight title contender in the making, Silva believes he has plenty of time to reach his full potential.

“I think it’s still too soon. To be honest, I’m not at all worried about the title belt right now,” Silva said during Saturday’s post-fight press conference after beating Jason High at UFC on Fuel TV 10. “All I want to do is do my work. I’m just going to wait for the UFC to schedule my next fight, and when they do, I’m going to focus on it. If I could do 20 fights before the belt, I would. When I go for the belt, I want to have it around my waist, so I want to have a lot of knowledge and experience. But [a title fight] is not at all part of my plans now.”

Despite his measured attitude, Silva nevertheless advanced his position in the welterweight division with his victory over High -- a superior performance that saw the Brazilian catch “The Kansas City Bandit” with a beautiful inverted triangle-armbar after sprawling on a takedown attempt and taking the American’s back. The 71-second triumph was the 16th victory of Silva’s career and served to dampen the memory of his unanimous decision defeat this past October to highly-regarded veteran Jon Fitch.

“[After my loss to Fitch], I had to improve in each different area, so I looked for good teachers who could help me focus on the different areas, [like] jiu-jitsu and muay Thai,” Silva told Fox Sports after his win at Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza, Brazil. “I’m really happy with how the fight went. I’m a really good striker, but I’m really good on the ground, too. I just trained a lot and did my best.”

Ricardo Lamas: UFC Fight Night Mexico City Warrior Code Video | MMAWeekly.com

Ricardo Lamas talk about his life as a fighter and his plans for the future in one of the deepest divisions in the UFC. read news >>

Tony Ferguson Has No Plans to Watch Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson is one of the top lightweights in the division, but says he couldn't care less about champion Eddie Alvarez's fight with Conor McGregor. read news >>

Stephen Thompson Plans to 'Muhammad Ali' Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is prepared for his first UFC title fight and plans to 'Muhammad Ali' champion Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 205's Karolina Kowalkiewicz plans to give champ Jedrzejczyk 'hardest fight of her life'

NEW YORK – No one has been able to figure out the puzzle that is UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk. However, UFC 205 challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz insists she’s going to be the one to ge read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Eduard Folayang Plans to Prove the World Wrong in Shinya Aoki Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Eduard Folayang knows that he is considered a long shot to defeat Shinya Aoki at ONE: Defending Honor, but he plans to prove the doubters wrong. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

Carrington Banks Plans to 'Put Offense on Jake Roberts' at Bellator 165 | MMAWeekly.com

Unbeaten lightweight Carrington Banks takes on fellow undefeated fighter Jake Roberts at Bellator 165 at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. read news >>