The woman responsible for the only blemish on the record of Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos is setting her sights on a Strikeforce title -- but not the one previously held by her old opponent.

Erica Paes hasn’t fought since 2005 -- the same year she submitted Santos in what was both women’s pro debuts -- instead taking time off from combat sports to focus on her career as a singer. Last year, however, the Rio de Janeiro resident and sister of late Brazilian Top Team coach Eraldo Paes returned to training with designs on joining the stateside promotion’s burgeoning 135-pound division. Paes is currently training at Rio’s X-Gym alongside some of the sport’s biggest names, like Anderson Silva and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza.

Sherdog.com recently caught up with Paes to find out more about her planned comeback.

Sherdog.com: When did you return to training MMA?
Paes: It’s been a year that I’ve been back in Rio de Janeiro, training at X-Gym. I was coming off an injury, but I’ve been cleared to train by my doctor and physiotherapist. Now, I’m counting the days until my next fight, and I think I’ll come back to climb into the Octagon next month.

Sherdog.com: How is it training with Anderson Silva, who’s generally considered the best fighter in the world?
Paes: Anderson is a darling, a guy who we all try to emulate, and he always gives me the greatest attention. Not just him, but Rafael Feijao, Ronaldo Jacare, Erick Silva. The guys give me special attention here and I’m proud to be part of the X-Gym family, in which I’m the only woman.

Sherdog.com: Do you want to face anyone in particular? Perhaps a second fight against Cris Cyborg?
Paes: I don’t have any opponent in particular who I want to face. Everyone always talks about Cris; people think there’s a rivalry, but it doesn’t exist. It was a fight that happened and I won. After that, I only had one more fight, and then I stopped to dedicated myself to music.

Sherdog.com: What is your main goal in returning to MMA?
Paes: I’m returning to MMA seeking the belt of the world’s biggest event for women, which is Strikeforce. But my coaches -- Josuel Distak, Rogerio Camoes and Sylvio Behring -- first want me to get back into the rhythm of fighting. I need to have one or two fights here in Brazil to prepare myself and then go abroad.

Sherdog.com: So, ideally, you’ll be the champion at 135 pounds and Cyborg at 145, right?
Paes: In Strikeforce, there’s only Cris, an excellent athlete and an exemplary professional. I hope she overcomes this difficult stage. We are both Brazilian, but if we need to fight again, I’ll accept it. Whoever is there can come. I’m training to face anyone.

Leonardo Fabri contributed to this report.

Miesha Tate Shuts Down Cris Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Talk (UFC 200 Video)

While everyone else seems to want to talk about her fighting Cris Cyborg or Ronda Rousey, UFC champ Miesha Tate will have none of it. read news >>

Anderson Silva Calls for Michael Bisping Rematch, Suggests Manchester UFC Fight

Legendary fighter Anderson Silva thinks UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is “afraid” to face him in a rematch. The Brazilian lost to Bisping narrowly in London earlier this year in a pulsati read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

Daniel Cormier Will Fight Anderson Silva at UFC 200; Tate vs. Nunes to Headline

Daniel Cormier will remain on the UFC 200 fight card to fight Anderson Silva. The card has been shuffled, moving Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes to headlining status. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Presser, Including Anderson Silva!

Watch as surprise guest Anderson Silva, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media. read news >>

VIDEO: UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Press Conference with Special Guest Anderson Silva

Watch as Anderson Silva crashes the party, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media at the post-fight press conference. read news >>

VIDEO: Anderson Silva and Dana White Explain Making the Fight with Daniel Cormier

UFC president Dana White and Anderson Silva talk about how it came about that Silva is stepping in to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>

Anderson Silva a Betting Underdog Against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is a betting underdog going into his UFC 200 fight against Daniel Cormier. read news >>

Cormier vs. Silva: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 200

After the initial furore over Anderson Silva stepping in to face Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 following Jon Jones' removal from the card, it was time for the pair to weigh in ahead of their clash on Sat read news >>