Emmanuel Newton Out, Zak Cummings In Against Ryan Jimmo at MFC 29


The “Hardcore Kid” is broken.

Maximum Fighting Championship officials announced the news Tuesday morning.

Strikeforce veteran Zak Cummings (13-2) has agreed to take his place against Jimmo at MFC 29: Conquer on April 8 at Caesars Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

MFC logoIt doesn’t leave Cummings much time to prepare, but he doesn’t care. He wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity.

“I’m a gamer. I don’t pick and choose easy fights. It would be amazing to come into the MFC and win the title,” said Cummings.

“I’m going to get in there and do my thing. I’m excited to be on HDNet and to get the opportunity to show the fans what I can do.”

Cummings enters the bout on a three-fight winning streak, including a one-fight stint for Bellator, where he defeated Rudy Bears.

Jimmo (14-1) won the belt in his last fight, against Dwayne Lewis at MFC 28 in February. His current streak sits at 14 straight, his only loss being his professional debut in early 2007.

The fight is the co-main event of MFC 29, where the promotion’s welterweight champion, Douglas Lima, will defend his belt against UFC veteran Terry Martin.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 11 days ago
  • 4 views

UFC light heavyweight Ryan Jimmo isn't too pleased with the tickets he received for two UFC events, including UFC on FOX 13 on Saturday, and complained to UFC President Dana White in the process: Tha read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 8 views

Ryan Jimmo is making his voice heard as one of the only active UFC fighters in favor of the upcoming class action suit against the promotion. In a rare move, a current, active UFC fighter is speaking read news >>

  • 21 hours ago
  • 23 views

A potentially ground-breaking lawsuit headed by three current or former UFC fighters against the organization was filed last week. Cung Le, who is currently under contract with the UFC, is the face o read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 19 views

Welterweight champion Douglas Lima will finally return to the Bellator cage in February. Lima told MMAFighting.com that he was expecting to defend his 170-pound title against Paul Daley or Andrey Kor read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 0 views

If anyone in the fight game earned a vacation in 2014, it’s probably Raquel Pennington. No, she didn’t put in the type of year Neil Magny or Donald Cerrone did in terms of volume... read news >>

  • 5 days ago
  • 1 views

Ryan LaFlare is on the comeback trail. The undefeated welterweight told MMAFighting.com recently that he is hoping to resume his UFC career in March following his second right ACL surgery. "I'm doing read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 94 views

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best fights from November and picks a winner.Filed under: Bellator, Cage Warriors, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 132 views

UFC welterweight contender Matt Brown isn't boarding the Conor McGregor hype train any time soon, saying it is clear as day Frankie Edgar should get the next title shot at 145 pounds. Of course, "The read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 0 views

Super Fight League will make their return to the U.S. next month. read news >>

Jump to: