Money remains the major hangup for the boys from Stockton, CA.
After UFC lightweight Myles Jury took to Twitter Sunday in an attempt to lure Nate Diaz back into action, the younger Diaz brother again responded only with gripes about his current contract with the promotion. .@NateDiaz209 I respect u a lot, BUT... I confirmed to fight you & have been waiting on you for a week. Are we getting after it or what?
— Myles Jury (@FuryJury) June 29, 2014 Bout my money #breakbread till then don't call ..
"The Spider" has no desire to complete a trilogy against the UFC middleweight champion but would accept a fight with Nick Diaz.
Anderson Silva still doesn't know how long is going it take for him step on the octagon again but the former UFC middleweight champion told Brazilian media that he is open to the possible fight between him and Nick Diaz. However, "The Spider" doesn't feel that he and Chris Weidman should fight each other one more time, as the current UFC 185-pound champion is 2-0 in the more
Anderson Silva will return to the Octagon in 2015, and he welcomes the idea of fighting Nick Diaz.
In a recent media scrum in Rio de Janeiro, Silva confirmed he won’t compete this year since he’s "not feeling safe to return (in 2014)," and a fight with Diaz, a former welterweight title contender who is currently retired, would be interesting.
"Well, if everybody is saying that it would be an interesting fight, what am I going to say?" Silva said. "It could be an interesting fight."
Silva sparred more
Nick and Nate Diaz appear willing to continue their battle with the UFC over fighter pay as long as it takes after both used social media to make their continued complaints clear.
Nick Diaz and brother Nate Diaz are in a very unique situation in the modern mixed martial arts world. Where the UFC has failed in creating compelling, high drawing stars, the Diaz brothers--Nick especially--remain "mainstream attractions." This may be in large part due to antics that some find tasteless or objectionab more
The worldwide leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog more
Former UFC welterweight title challenger Nick Diaz has ended his retirement and signed a three-fight deal with the promotion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC more
It took over a year, but Diaz is back in the Octagon.
Nick Diaz has returned to the UFC. Good news for fans of trash talk and action fights, bad news for guys who aren't fans of Nick Diaz. Diaz went into retirement shortly after losing to Georges St. Pierre at UFC 158 in March of last year. While sitting on the sidelines, he had a lot of criticism of the UFC's monetary stinginess and exactly what kind of fights or contract that it would take to get him back in the Octagon. For a long time it sou more
Which not coincidentally, is right around the time Anderson Silva gets back.
From UFC.com: The first name that came up was UFC legend and former middleweight champ Anderson Silva, who has been linked to a Diaz super fight for months now. It just so happens that "The Spider" will be back about the same time Diaz is looking to return. "I'd like to fight for the title," Diaz said. "I think that would be a big deal and worth fighting for. I want fights that will lead to a title fight. Whoever is in more
The Stockton Bad Boy is back. Is a bout with Anderson Silva far behind?
Former Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz has signed a contract extension with the UFC and will return from his self-imposed exile. UFC.com reported the news on Thursday.
Additionally, a solid source told MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani that if all goes well, Diaz's return bout would be against former longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who would also be making his return after a prolonged absence.
The 30 more