At UFC 145, Eddie Yagin pulled off what was considered one of the biggest upsets thus far in 2012, as he knocked off former featherweight title contender Mark Hominick.

Twice during the fight, Yagin dropped Hominick with his heavy hands and survived a comeback by the Canadian during the third round to pull off the split decision win.

The win marked the first for Yagin inside the Octagon, and he soon after found out he got a “Fight of the Night” bonus to boot for his efforts.

Life seemed pretty good for Yagin until he got home and re-watched his fight.

Like any fighter, Yagin was critical of his performance, looking at the positives and negatives, and finding ways to improve before his next trip to the Octagon. What bothered Yagin, however, was the commentary during the fight by color commentator Joe Rogan.

Yagin was none too pleased with what he heard and he erupted on the comedian/color commentator when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio after the fight.

“Maybe you should talk to Joe Rogan because that (expletive) hates on me so bad. I need to talk to that boy,” Yagin stated.

“Someone should have checked his teeth because I think he got (expletive) in his mouth from sucking his (expletive) so much. Every time I would throw a good punch, or land a good kick, he would capitalize on Hominick. He’d say ‘oh, good shot from Yagin, but Hominick took it and look how well Hominick is moving!’ It’s like are you kidding me right now? Shut the (expletive) up and instead of saying what you want to happen, say what is happening.”

Obviously a color commentator’s job is different than a play-by-play man when it comes to commentary during any sporting event. A color commentator is there to add definition, explanation, and like the title says, add color to whatever sport they are talking about.

Yagin, however, took Rogan to task for what he believes was biased commentary towards his opponent, Mark Hominick, despite losing much of the fight, including being knocked down on two occasions.

“I was a fan of Joe Rogan, but now it’s like come on. Just state the obvious, and stop being an ass kisser,” said Yagin. “I understand you can be a fan of other people, but if you’re going to be a commentator, just do your job and not take anybody’s side and just state what’s there, read the book. Read the lines, don’t make up your own words. This ain’t acting class; this ain’t a movie.”

Following Yagin’s interview on the radio show, the fighter and commentator were able to exchange some messages via Twitter to hash things out a bit. Rogan explained to Yagin his point about the commentary, and also complemented his tremendous performance at UFC 145.

“I meant no disrespect,” wrote Rogan. “I’m just analyzing with a critical view. That said, you’re a (expletive) beast and I loved that fight.

“I was especially impressed with you in the third round. You showed mad heart and gutted out some tough spots. Loved those power leg kicks and you’ve got bricks in your hands. I’m just critical, especially of myself.”

Judging by Yagin’s response, the beef was put to rest.

“Thank you,” wrote Yagin. “I’ll take that as a compliment! I appreciate it!”

Any problem with the commentary aside, Yagin was mostly happy to go out and erase the thoughts of his first UFC fight, which he lost by decision and show fans what he’s really like in a fight. He is pretty confident, however, that not too many fighters are going to sign-up to stand and trade with him in the future.

“What everybody was able to see is what I’m capable of,” said Yagin. “Honestly, I think all the 45'ers that were watching this fight don’t want none of my stand-up and I think everybody’s going to try to take me down now.”

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC Fight Night 70: Machida vs. Romero Preview Video

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the main event between Lyoto Machida and Yoel Romero set to headline UFC Fight Night in Hollywood, Fla. read news >>

UFC: Brian Stann discusses the efficacy of fighter management & more (part 1)

Retired middleweight star and UFC commentator, Brian Stann discusses if fighters can still benefit from MMA management with the impending restrictions of the Reebok deal & more in Part 1 of this two- read news >>

UFC: Jon Anik on Reebok, anti-doping program, what fight week is like & more (Pt. 1)

UFC commentator, Jon Anik gives his take on the Reebok deal, anti-doping program, details a typical fight week, what his schedule is like and more in Part 1 of this two-part feature. The commentary r read news >>

Rogan thinks Slice vs. Shamrock 'looked fake', John McCarthy says Kimbo didn't tap

UFC announcer Joe Rogan thought Bellator 138's bout between Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock may not have been on the level. There has been a lot of debate over whether the Bellator 138 main event bout b read news >>

Jon Anik gives his take on Aldo's injury and its implications to UFC 189

UFC commentator, Jon Anik weighs in on the news of Jose Aldo's rib injury and the implications it presents to the UFC 189 card. The long awaited featherweight title bout between Conor McGregor and Jo read news >>

Morning Report: Joe Rogan believes Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice looked 'suspect' and 'fake'

For some of us, the highlight of Friday night was FOX Sport's Katie Nolan combating trolls for calling the Bellator 138 main event between Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice, 'fixed.' Well, she wasn't the read news >>

UFC's Joe Rogan thinks Bellator 138 fight between Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock 'looked fake'

"I gotta tell you right now, that fight looked fake as fuck. There's a couple of things I don't like about that fight. I don't like that clinch, that long clinch that they had where they were mouth t read news >>

Bellator's Jimmy Smith on Injuries, PEDs, How UFC's Reebok Deal Effects Bellator

For the last five years, color commentator Jimmy Smith has been a fixture in Bellator MMA. He’s called the action since Season 2, and last year signed on for another five years. He also provides colo read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Yet another fighter 'annoyed' by Joe Rogan and his 'insulting' commentary

"The thing that was most insulting was by the last minute of the last round, Joe Rogan was talking about how bad my cardio was and how exhausted I was, as I was taking down my opponent. I was taking read news >>

Cathal Pendred slams Joe Rogan's commentary

UFC welterweight contender Cathal Pendred sounds off on Joe Rogan's commentary. Proud Irishman Cathal Pendred last fought in the Octagon against Sean Spencer at UFC Fight Night 59. Pendred's unanimou read news >>