After finishing the final fight on his Bellator contract last Friday with a knockout of Patricky “Pitbull” Freire, Eddie Alvarez will soon be entertaining offers from multiple promotions.

He doesn’t know yet where he’ll sign, but he does know what he’ll base his decision on.

“I’ve got to be honest with you,” Alvarez told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show Wednesday. “I’m going to go to the highest bidder. That’s how it’s going to go. If anybody judges me or tells me I’m wrong because of that, I’m sorry. I have a different situation than maybe whoever’s judging me, but my services are going 100-percent to the highest bidder.”

Alvarez has been with Bellator since its first event in April 2009. He was the promotion’s first lightweight champion and also has a good relationship with Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. While the UFC figures to be a major player in negotiations, if not the favorite to land Alvarez, it doesn’t hurt Bellator’s chances that partner Viacom will be involved in talks.

“I already spoke with Bjorn Rebney,” Alvarez said. “I actually spoke with him the night of the fight. He was really excited and pretty pumped up. He was basically telling me that the next move is to sit down with him and some of the people at Viacom and see where their heads are at and where they want to move to. Then after that, I believe, in the contract it says you can start getting offers from other places or what not. I think it’s only fair -- Bellator’s taken care of me for four years and their main thing is, they did what they always said they were going to do. We started on a tiny little network on ESPN Deportes and moved all the way to Spike. Now, starting next year, Bellator’s going to be a serious, serious promotion to reckon with. I’m happy to be in the family and happy to work with the guys. We’ll see what happens.”

Alvarez put himself in a good position with his knockout of Freire. After dropping his Bellator lightweight title to Michael Chandler last November, he’s now bounced back with two quality wins, including a quick stoppage of Shinya Aoki in April.

“To be able to end my contract with a win is great,” Alvarez said. “To end it with a head-kick knockout is beyond expectations. I’m very happy. I have some people to talk to here at Viacom. I have a lot of different people to talk to and to figure some things out and see what’s best moving forward.”

Despite Alvarez’s relationship with Bellator, the UFC remains the biggest fight promotion in the world and has already signed away one Bellator champ in Hector Lombard. Alvarez does like the direction Bellator is headed in, though, with its programming moving to Spike TV next year. Re-signing with the company will be an option.

“God, it’s came such a long way,” Alvarez said of Bellator. “I guarantee by next year, they’re going to explode. Wherever I’m at next year, I’m going to be a happy man with a smile on my face.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 3:00:53).

Benson Henderson's Bellator Debut Lands with a Thud, but There Is a Bright Side

In every sport with free agency, there are distinct schools of thought regarding its effectiveness. Is it better to pay huge sums of money to someone and risk him losing his edge due to complacency o read news >>

Bellator Cuts Lightweight Champ Will Brooks, Strips Heavyweight Champion Vitaly Minakov

Bellator MMA on Saturday released disgruntled lightweight champion Will Brooks from his contract and stripped the heavyweight belt from Vitaly Minakov. read news >>

After split over Santos, Bellator's undefeated Brent Primus wants big name like Freire

Brent Primus was this close to seeing the first loss of his pro MMA career this past Friday against Gleristone Santos. But after surviving with a split decision, now he wants a big name like Patricky read news >>

After shutout of Henderson, Coker thinks Bellator's Andrey Koreshkov is in 170's top 3

After his dominant title defense over former UFC champ Benson Henderson this past Friday, Andrey Koreshkov’s stock took a major upswing.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Michael Chandler Will Battle Patricky Pitbull for Vacant Bellator Lightweight Title

Following the release of former lightweight champion Will Brooks, Bellator officials quickly followed up with an announcement to fill the vacancy. read news >>

Bellator Lightweight Champ Will Brooks Released, Fight for Vacant Title Booked

The Bellator lightweight championship will not be vacant for very long, with the announcement that two familiar names will face off for the strap in June. During Saturday night's broadcast, the promo read news >>

Phil Davis vs. King Mo: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 154

Phil Davis won a controversial unanimous decision over Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in the main event at Bellator 154 in San Jose, California, on Saturday. The fight was close, and either man could have read news >>

Bellator to Institute Jordan Parsons Memorial Scholarship Fund

With the newly-announced Jordan Parsons Scholarship Fund, Bellator will annually send a young wrestler to "The J Robinson Intensive Wrestling Camp." read news >>

Bellator 154 Results: Phil Davis Top King Mo to Earn Light Heavyweight Title Shot

Phil Davis got the nod over King Mo Lawal at Bellator 154 on Saturday night, earning a shot at light heavyweight champion Liam McGeary. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson, UFC Agree on New Contract: Details, Comments, Reaction

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has agreed to a new eight-fight contract with UFC, ensuring he'll continue his dominant title run with the company. As shared by Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com read news >>