After finishing the final fight on his Bellator contract last Friday with a knockout of Patricky “Pitbull” Freire, Eddie Alvarez will soon be entertaining offers from multiple promotions.

He doesn’t know yet where he’ll sign, but he does know what he’ll base his decision on.

“I’ve got to be honest with you,” Alvarez told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show Wednesday. “I’m going to go to the highest bidder. That’s how it’s going to go. If anybody judges me or tells me I’m wrong because of that, I’m sorry. I have a different situation than maybe whoever’s judging me, but my services are going 100-percent to the highest bidder.”

Alvarez has been with Bellator since its first event in April 2009. He was the promotion’s first lightweight champion and also has a good relationship with Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. While the UFC figures to be a major player in negotiations, if not the favorite to land Alvarez, it doesn’t hurt Bellator’s chances that partner Viacom will be involved in talks.

“I already spoke with Bjorn Rebney,” Alvarez said. “I actually spoke with him the night of the fight. He was really excited and pretty pumped up. He was basically telling me that the next move is to sit down with him and some of the people at Viacom and see where their heads are at and where they want to move to. Then after that, I believe, in the contract it says you can start getting offers from other places or what not. I think it’s only fair -- Bellator’s taken care of me for four years and their main thing is, they did what they always said they were going to do. We started on a tiny little network on ESPN Deportes and moved all the way to Spike. Now, starting next year, Bellator’s going to be a serious, serious promotion to reckon with. I’m happy to be in the family and happy to work with the guys. We’ll see what happens.”

Alvarez put himself in a good position with his knockout of Freire. After dropping his Bellator lightweight title to Michael Chandler last November, he’s now bounced back with two quality wins, including a quick stoppage of Shinya Aoki in April.

“To be able to end my contract with a win is great,” Alvarez said. “To end it with a head-kick knockout is beyond expectations. I’m very happy. I have some people to talk to here at Viacom. I have a lot of different people to talk to and to figure some things out and see what’s best moving forward.”

Despite Alvarez’s relationship with Bellator, the UFC remains the biggest fight promotion in the world and has already signed away one Bellator champ in Hector Lombard. Alvarez does like the direction Bellator is headed in, though, with its programming moving to Spike TV next year. Re-signing with the company will be an option.

“God, it’s came such a long way,” Alvarez said of Bellator. “I guarantee by next year, they’re going to explode. Wherever I’m at next year, I’m going to be a happy man with a smile on my face.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 3:00:53).

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Chael Sonnen Leaves UFC, Signs with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen has officially ended his retirement from MMA competition. But he's not coming back to the UFC. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Fought Chael Sonnen? Sonnen Tells the True Tale | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen, who is returning to the fight game in 2016 with Bellator, tells the tale of the time he and Ronda Rousey allegedly fought in a restaurant. read news >>

Why Did Chael Sonnen Return to Fight for Bellator, Not the UFC? | MMAWeekly.com

A day after Chael Sonnen inked a deal to return to MMA to fight for Bellator, not the UFC, the American Gangster hosted a throng of media to answer why. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Faces Crippling Fines if He Tests Positive at Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

In his return, Chael Sonnen has to endure much tougher drug testing scrutiny. If he slips up, his contract imposes crippling financial repercussions. read news >>

Return of the American Gangster: Chael Sonnen Opens Up About Move to Bellator

Chael Sonnen had every intention of returning to the UFC. Until he didn’t. Whatever the reason, one of the UFC’s most controversial, entertaining and bankable figures over the past seven years found read news >>

Bellator 161 Results: Cheick Kongo, Joe Warren Pick Up Wins in Texas | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 161 landed in Cedar Park, Texas on Friday night, and the card was capped off with a heavyweight affair. read news >>

Bellator 161 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Kongo vs. Johnson Card

On Friday night in the main event of Bellator 161, Cheick Kongo won a woeful heavyweight bout via majority decision over Tony Johnson. If you wanted to make someone hate mixed martial arts, you shoul read news >>

Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson Fight Highlights | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the Bellator 161 fight highlights, where Cheick Kongo got the better of Tony Johnson, and former champ Joe Warren got back on the winning track. read news >>

Al Iaquinta Contract Dispute Nixes UFC New York Bout | MMAWeekly.com

Al Iaquinta had verbally agreed to fight at UFC New York, a fight he has wanted badly. Following a contract dispute, however, he is off the card. read news >>