Eddie Alvarez’s legal battle with Bellator MMA has ended.

Bellator officials announced Tuesday that the former lightweight champion will return to action on Nov. 2 when he rematches current 155-pound ruler Michael Chandler at Bellator’s inaugural pay-per-view at Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif.

Alvarez and Chandler first met in Nov. 2011, with Chandler wresting the lightweight title from around the 29-year-old’s waist in a “Fight of the Year” nominee. Since that fourth-round submission loss, Alvarez has won back-to-back fights, knocking out Shinya Aoki before doing the same to Patricky Freire last October.

Following his win over “Pitbull,” Alvarez’s Bellator contract expired, and the lightweight fielded an offer from the UFC. Bellator exercised its right to match the terms of the deal, but the two sides disagreed on whether Bellator’s new offer was of equal value to the UFC’s. The dispute resulted in both sides filing lawsuits, though the matter has now been settled.

“I still lose sleep over my loss to Chandler, and I want it off my record,” Alvarez stated in a release. “This was a long process, but at the end of the day I’m back with Bellator and I’m happy to get back in the cage. I really believe everything happens for a reason, and at the end of the day my family and I are happy, and I’m ready to get my belt back on Nov. 2.”

Chandler, meanwhile, has never lost as a mixed martial artist, rattling off 12 straight victories to start his MMA career. Following his triumph over Alvarez, the 27-year-old conquered Japanese veteran Akihiro Gono in a non-title affair before defending his belt successfully against tournament winners Rick Hawn and David Rickels.

“Without sounding too disrespectful, when I fought Eddie the first time in 2011, I didn’t even know what it meant to be an MMA fighter,” Chandler said. “Two years later, I’ve grown so much as a mixed martial artist, and there isn’t a doubt in my mind [that] on Nov. 2 my hand will be raised and the belt will be around my waist.”

Eddie Alvarez Challenges Conor McGregor to Fight at UFC 205

UFC 205 will take place on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, but it is still missing an official main event. Eddie Alvarez made sure the world knew he wants to be part of it on Tuesd read news >>

Conor McGregor gets lightweight title shot, challenges Eddie Alvarez in UFC 205 headliner

One of the most monumental fight cards in UFC history will get a monumental main event. UFC featherweight champ [autotag]Conor McGregor[/autotag] will attempt to add lightweight gold to his collectio read news >>

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Conor McGregor: Mystic Mac is Back with His UFC 205 Prediction (video) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Mystic Mac is back! Conor McGregor flamed Eddie Alvarez with a scorching prediction for their Nov. 12 UFC 205 headlining bout in New York. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Comments on Conor McGregor Ahead of UFC 205 Title Fight

• a day ago

UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has said he’ll do whatever he wants to Conor McGregor when the two men meet at UFC 205. The pair will battle it out in New York on November 12 in one of the yea read news >>

Donald Cerrone: Conor McGregor is 'Easy Work' for Eddie Alvarez | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

UFC lightweight and welterweight contender Donald Cerrone gives his prediction of the UFC 205 title fight between Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez says McGregor 'not getting the big boy belt' at UFC 205: 'There is no Santa Claus'

• 20 hours ago

Eddie Alvarez isn’t backing down to Conor McGregor ahead of their champion vs. champion main event on the historic UFC 205 fight card later this year.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Picks up Former Bellator Heavyweight Champ Alexander Volkov | FIGHTLAND

• a day ago

Photo by Justin Ford-USA TODAY Sports Fight fans love the heavyweight division for its unpredictability. When two massive men step onto the canvas and start winging fists at one another, the likeliho read news >>

Eddie Alvarez: Conor McGregor, You're the Easiest Dude in This Division (video) | MMAWeekly.com

• 8 hours ago

Eddie Alvarez laid into Conor McGregor at the UFC 205 Press Conference, calling him "the easiest dude in this division," amongst other things. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen in the Works for Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

• an hour ago

Tito Ortiz claims he is fighting Chael Sonnen under the Bellator banner. read news >>