Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

Tank Abbott willing to bet $100,000 he can smash Ronda Rousey without even training

This is shocking. Not the fact that former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bruiser Tank Abbott is willing to fight Ronda Rousey, the promotion's reigning women's bantamweight champion, but that read news >>

MMA Fighter Suffers Gruesome Leg Injury at Russian Event

MMA is a dangerous sport, and that fact was on full display over the weekend at M-1 Challenge 61. In the main event of the card, Ante Delija suffered a devastating leg injury (Warning: contains graph read news >>

VIDEO: Dana White Doesn’t Exactly Jump to Nick Diaz’s Defense

While the majority of the MMA world is up in arms over Nick Diaz's five-year suspension for pot, UFC president Dana White didn't exactly jump to his defense. read news >>

VIDEO: Dana White Doesn’t Exactly Jump to Nick Diaz’s Defense

Lizares Champions Hawaii's Next Generation

Rylan Lizares wants to be champion. That goal has not changed. In fact, it has broadened. Lizares’ drive to be the best has not wavered for nary a moment for the near 20 years since he first set foot read news >>

UFC exec Matt Hughes: 'Punk' Diaz can't expect leniency

UFC Hall of Fame inductee Matt Hughes thinks Nick Diaz needs to change the way he conducts himself in front of the NAC. Earlier today, former Bellator featherweight and bantamweight champion Joe Warr read news >>

Andre Harrison Doesn’t Just Want to Defend His Titan FC Belt, He Wants to Impress

Andre Harrison steps into the first defense of his Titan FC featherweight belt ready to grab the bull by the horns and not just win, but finish Desmond Green. read news >>

Chuck Liddell doesn’t like trash-talkers like Chael Sonnen, but Conor McGregor's different

UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell already has said he doesn’t like guys like Chael Sonnen who talk trash. But Conor McGregor? He’s different, Liddell said.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Manager: Josh Barnett has no future plans to compete at Metamoris

Not only is Josh Barnett not currently scheduled to compete against Chael Sonnen at an upcoming Metamoris submission grappling event, don't expect him to compete for the promotion anytime soon. "Josh read news >>

Olympic gold medalist Cejudo won't fight in Nevada following Nick Diaz suspension

Henry Cejudo's manager sent a letter to MMAFighting, where he explained that the former Olympian will no longer fight in Nevada, following the news of Nick Diaz' 5 year suspension. #FreeNickDiaz is i read news >>