Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

Dana White notebook: ‘Cyborg’ probably next for Rousey, doesn’t want Hughes vs. Serra 2

MELBOURNE, Australia – Several hundred people turned out to see UFC President Dana White at a Q&A session after UFC 193’s official weigh-ins, with the executive taking questions on a variety of topic read news >>

How the UFC Made Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor Stars

Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor are stars. At this point, there's no disputing that fact. Rousey has nearly 2 million followers on Twitter; McGregor, 744,000. More than 6 million people follow Rousey read news >>

Former foe Raquel Pennington doesn’t like Holly Holm's chances against Ronda Rousey

Raquel Pennington has fought Holly Holm to a closer result than anyone in MMA, but even she doesn’t think much of Holm’s chances against Ronda Rousey at UFC 193.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 193 Fact or Fiction: Is Ronda Rousey Unbeatable?

If you are looking for one final clue about who most people—including the promoters—think will win Saturday's UFC 193 main event, look no further than the fight card's official tagline: The Rousey Re read news >>

UFC 193: Who's on the Hot Seat in Melbourne, Australia, This Weekend?

Every fight counts in the UFC. That's a fact that applies to every event. UFC 193, though, is a special occasion for the fighters who are set to do battle for two reasons. The first, you ask? Well, a read news >>

Why UFC vet Thiago Tavares didn't mind that deep gash and recent TKO loss

Veteran UFC featherweight Thiago Tavares said he doesn’t necessarily get hung up on whether he wins or loses his fights.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Daniel Straus on Bellator champ 'Pitbull': 'Just a short guy that can punch hard'

Daniel Straus said he doesn’t view Friday’s Bellator 145 featherweight championship showdown with Patricio Freire as a last chance or do-or-die opportunity.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Chad Mendes Thinks Frankie Edgar is Being ‘Screwed,’ but Also Sees Opportunity

Chad Mendes believes Frankie Edgar has been getting the short end of the stick in the 145-pound divison for some time, but also sees their bout as a huge opportunity. read news >>

Bellator's Goiti Yamauchi thinks 'Pitbull' overlooking him, even ahead of Straus fight

When Bellator featherweight champion Patricio Freire recently told MMAjunkie the promotion needed to track down some new competition worthy of challenging him, one fighter in particular took notice.F read news >>

Holly Holm: Despite what Ronda Rousey thinks, I can handle winning spotlight at UFC 193

LOS ANGELES — Ronda Rousey was warned on Monday that she has made a serious mistake by questioning upcoming opponent Holly Holm’s ability to handle the spotlight when the two meet at UFC 193.Filed un read news >>