Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

Miesha Tate: Correia isn't that good, 'got what was coming' against Ronda Rousey

Miesha Tate doesn't think Bethe Correia is that good yet, and thinks she got what she asked for after stepping out of line with her trash talk against Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Despite 34-Second KO Loss, Bethe Correia Still Thinks She Can Beat Ronda Rousey

When it comes to Ronda Rousey, Bethe Correia is downright tenacious, you know, when they're not fighting. Three days after Rousey knocked out Correia in 34 seconds to retain her UFC women's bantamwei read news >>

The Speed Bag: You don't have to fight 'Cyborg,' Ronda Rousey, however …

Ronda Rousey doesn’t have to ever fight “Cyborg.” But in the latest edition of “The Speed Bag,” Ben Fowlkes talks about why she just might want to no matter what. Filed under: Featured, Featured Vide read news >>

WSOF President Ray Sefo explains Rousimar Palhares' suspension; manager responds

WSOF President Ray Sefo said the decision to suspend Rousimar Palhares indefinitely and strip him of the welterweight title is the result of one egregious act, but it ultimately sends a bigger messag read news >>

Dana White thinks Ronda Rousey vs Cris Cyborg would break all MMA PPV records

The UFC president told Ariel Helwani that a fight card headlined by Rousey against the former Strikeforce women's champ would do more than 2.5 million buys. Dana White talked to MMAFighting.com's Ari read news >>

Jake Shields' manager: Rousimar Palhares ‘should be kicked out of the sport'

LAS VEGAS -- Rousimar Palhares' fate has yet to be decided following his controversial actions at World Series of Fighting 22, but Jake Shields' manager, Tareq Azim, hopes the Brazilian's latest run- read news >>

Rousey vs Cyborg: Considering the Stakes, It's Hard to Separate Fact and Fiction

Ronda Rousey just torched another overmatched challenger in a matter of seconds. This time it was Bethe Correia, who found her face on UFC 190 posters opposite the undisputed ruler of female combat s read news >>

Ronda Rousey's 5 First-Round Wins in Title Fights Makes UFC History

Fact: Ronda Rousey's five first-round wins in title fights are the most in UFC history. Bleacher Report will be bringing sports fans the most interesting and engaging Cold Hard Fact of the day, prese read news >>

Rafael Cavalcante: Patrick Cummins doesn’t have weak chin, but will get knocked out at UFC 190

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Rafael Cavalcante finally returns to the Octagon on Aug. 1, and he wants to erase the image of his last UFC appearance. A former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, "Feijao" wen read news >>

Pan American gold medalist once beat UFC star Ronda Rousey, but doesn’t remember it

Marti Malloy won the biggest title of her career at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, but won’t be following one of the biggest names in Judo history to mixed martial arts. Malloy defeated Cath read news >>