Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

VIDEO: UFC Champ Luke Rockhold Thinks Interim Titles are Bulls**t

UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is not a fan of interim championships. In fact, he doesn't think the Jon Jones fight at UFC 197 should be for an interim title. read news >>

VIDEO: Jon Jones Thinks Daniel Cormier Makes a Good Champion, Still Doesn’t Like Him

Although the heat between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier is palpable, Jones insists that he is happy for Cormier to have had a chance to hold the belt. read news >>

UFC 197 winner Sergio Pettis on Jackson-Wink MMA: 'I'm going to do that every' camp

LAS VEGAS – Sergio Pettis thinks he’s found the formula success, and it’s one he plans to use for his future fights.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Longtime MMA fan and Oscar winner Kevin Costner thinks sport should be in Olympics

Kevin Costner the sports fan is best known for his love of baseball and the three movies about the sport he’s starred in. But it turns out he’s a pretty big MMA fan, too, and would love to see the sp read news >>

After shutout of Henderson, Coker thinks Bellator's Andrey Koreshkov is in 170's top 3

After his dominant title defense over former UFC champ Benson Henderson this past Friday, Andrey Koreshkov’s stock took a major upswing.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Dana White Slammed by Don Frye over Conor McGregor's UFC 200 Spot

UFC veteran Don Frye thinks Dana White is in the wrong when it comes to the Conor McGregor dispute, which has seen the Irishman removed from the main event at UFC 200. McGregor refused to fulfil his read news >>

Travis Browne Explains Why MMA Math Doesn’t Work

• a day ago

Heavyweight contender Travis Browne explains why "MMA math" doesn't work, and why it can't be applied in his UFC 200 bout against former champion Cain Velasquez. read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC star Jon Jones thinks that if he were to lose to Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, it would be the "greatest day" of Daniel Cormier's life. Saint Preux is set to take on Jones for the interim light read news >>

Conor McGregor 'Didn't Give 2 S--ts' over Nate Diaz Rematch Weight, Says Manager

The manager of Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar Conor McGregor has said the Irishman "really didn't give two s--ts" whether his rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 200 came at 170 pounds or 155 pou read news >>

With UFC belt around waist, Miesha Tate thinks she could beat Holly Holm faster

UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate keeps her title perched in front of her vanity mirror, a little reminder of what she’s accomplished when she wakes up.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>