Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, doesn’t dislike Chael Sonnen. In fact, he thinks Sonnen is a good guy.

That doesn’t mean Soares approved of Sonnen’s comments leading up to UFC 148, however.

“I’ve always thought Chael was a good guy,” Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I just thought that he crossed the line. Chael is a good person. Chael, when the cameras are off, he’s a good guy. He’s a solid guy. I like Chael. I always have, but I’ll tell you, whether he was just hyping [the fight] or not, there were times when he would start pissing me off and I had nothing to do with it.”

Sonnen leveled remarks at Silva’s wife, his country and more. For sure he helped build a huge amount of anticipation for the bout, but Soares believes Sonnen took the personal attacks too far.

“To hear Chael talk about Anderson’s wife that way and talk about Brazil … to talk about any nation and any other culture that way, I don’t see the benefit for it,” Soares said. “I really don’t see the benefit for it. I do think he crossed the line. I don’t think Chael’s a bad person. I think Chael was just trying to do what he could to try to promote the fight and make this fight as big as possible, but I think that he did cross the line. I’ll say it now and I’ve said it before: No one ever paid attention to Chael Sonnen. No one ever paid attention to him. Unfortunately his style of fighting’s not exciting to watch. The only time people started paying attention to him was when he started talking about Anderson. Once he struck that nerve and saw that it worked, I think he just took it to another level.”

Sonnen’s comments seemed to strike a nerve with Silva. At the weigh-ins, the champ hit the challenger with his shoulder during their faceoff. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer spoke with Silva’s camp about the incident, but according to Soares, Silva will not be fined.

“Keith Kizer had a talk with us after the fight,” Soares said. “He pulled us to the side and kind of talked to Anderson about what happened. Everybody that knows Anderson knows that that was a little bit out of character. Sometimes emotions get to people. I’m not saying I 100-percent agree with what he did, but I mean, come on, man. People can’t forget that the guy was talking about his wife, talking about his country, talking about all that. At that point in time it’s like two wrongs don’t make a right, but it happens. It’s a fight.”

Of course Silva won the rematch, stopping Sonnen via strikes 1:55 into the second round. Afterward both fighters seemed more cordial with each other. Silva even invited Sonnen to his home for a barbecue, which didn’t surprise Soares as much as it reinforced his view that Silva had moved past Sonnen’s challenge with class.

“I think [Silva] just wears his heart on his sleeve,” Soares said. “It’s done with. He beat him up twice. He submitted him once. He TKO’d him the second time. Now what else does Chael have to say?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:26:26).

Kelvin Gastelum thinks opponent Donald Cerrone would have beat Robbie Lawler at UFC 205

NEW YORK – UFC welterweight standout Kelvin Gastelum admits Donald Cerrone has looked pretty impressive since moving up from the lightweight class.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gilbert Melendez thinks Nate Diaz will fight UFC 205's McGregor vs. Alvarez winner

Gilbert Melendez echoes his colleagues who aren’t that upset Conor McGregor is getting a shot at Eddie Alvarez’s lightweight title.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Says Conor McGregor Doesn’t Deserve UFC 205 Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

There are many variables that go into deciding who gets a title shot and who doesn't, and whether or not a fighter has earned it is sometimes irrelevant. read news >>

Dana White: Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson 2, Michael Bisping vs. Yoel Romero likely

NEW YORK – UFC President Dana White doesn’t like to match-make on fight night, but he sure had a lot of ideas about potential scraps after UFC 205. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 100's Justin Scoggins is going to put Pedro Munhoz on an island

Justin Scoggins doesn’t like to complicate his job too much. Even though he’s switched divisions in the UFC, he plans to do the same thing to his opponent when he returns to the octagon this weekend. read news >>

Chael Sonnen claims Mackenzie Dern ducked Miesha Tate, manager responds

Chael Sonnen on Monday said the meeting between former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Miesha Tate and Jessica Eye was not the originally planned matchup for next month’s Submission Underground 2.File read news >>

The German Language of Fighting | FIGHTLAND

When one thinks of swordsmanship, one typically thinks of the Japanese warrior, welding a katana, or perhaps a Celtic warrior swinging a broadsword. And empty-hand fighting is attributed to the Briti read news >>

Invicta FC 20's Kaline Medeiros expects to win strawweight title – but no call from UFC

Strawweight title challenger Kaline Medeiros thinks her experience will help her defeat champ Angela Hill at Invicta FC 20.Filed under: News read news >>

10 reasons to watch Saturday's UFC doubleheader, with events in Belfast and Sao Paulo

If you’re a UFC fan who doesn’t miss an event, you’ll have your work cut out for you on Saturday when the promotion pulls the rare double booking, presenting both UFC Fight Night 99 and UFC Fight Nig read news >>

UFC Fight Night 100: Kamaru Usman vs. Warlley Alves video highlights

Kamaru Usman tried to silence critics who claim he doesn’t go for finishes by going all out against Warlley Alves. Even though the fight went to the scorecards, Usman more than proved he was willing read news >>