10-CamozziJacoby-UFConFox-132Although he won three of his last four MMA fights, former UFC and World Series of Fighting participant Dustin Jacoby was looking for something to inject new life into his career. He found it as part of the kickboxing promotion Glory.

Over the course of February and March, Jacoby won The Road to Glory USA tournament, defeating three fighters in one night, in addition to picking up his first MMA win of the year in the Capital City Cage Wars promotion.

“Kickboxing is a completely different sport and should not be taken lightly because I feel the striking is much better in kickboxing and the technique is much different, but my transition went smoothly,” Jacoby told MMAWeekly.com.

As for fighting in a single night tournament, Jacoby found it a difficult, yet rewarding experience.

“Things went pretty natural,” he said. “When I was in there, I was looking at it as I was getting paid to spar and if I sparred well, then I would go on to the next guy. I just went in there, did my thing, and ended up winning.

“It was a very unique experience. It’s different than fighting one time. You’re warming your body up and then cooling it down, warming your body up and cooling it down again (between fights). It’s different. I don’t think a lot of people can do it.”

Having switched exclusively to kickboxing over the last several months, Jacoby has racked up a 4-2 record and is looking to close out the year with a win over veteran Makoto Uehara at Glory 13 on Dec. 21 in Tokyo.

“Makoto has fought very legit competition, he’s fought at a high level, and he’s Japan’s champion, so I’m looking forward to a tough fight,” said Jacoby. “I’ve been working with Mark Montoya of Factory X Muay Thai in Englewood, Colo., and he’s been watching tape on Makoto and we’ve been working on the things he sees and that he feels will win us the fight.

“I’ve competed in Glory enough now to know the ins and outs. I’m not putting too much pressure on myself. I’m just going to go in there and have fun and come out with the victory.”

After having spent much of this year focusing on kickboxing, Jacoby is looking to return to MMA next year and hopefully strike a good balance between the two sports in 2014.

“When I came into 2013, I was looking to continue MMA and climb the ladder in the sport, and kickboxing came out of nowhere and has taken care of me and given me a lot of opportunism,” he said. “Hopefully I can continue to climb the ranks in Glory.

“I feel like I have unfinished business in MMA left to do. My contract with WSOF is up in April, so I anticipate some doors opening for me in MMA as well. I’m just taking it one day at a time, train hard and continue to master my craft and skills and hopefully 2014 will be better than 2013.”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC Fight Night 93 Free Fight: Watch Josh Barnett KO Frank Mir

UFC veteran Josh Barnett accomplished a new feat at UFC 164: a first-round knockout in the UFC. Barnett KO'd Frank Mir in Round 1 at UFC 164. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Night 93 Free Fight: Andrei Arlovski Knocks Out Bigfoot Silva

Andrei Arlovski defeated Bigfoot Silva in their rematch bout in September 2014. Arlovski takes on fellow former UFC champ Josh Barnett at UFC Fight Night 93. read news >>

Kelvin Gastelum Faces Jorge Masvidal at the TUF: Latin America 3 Finale

Fifth-ranked 170-pound contender Kelvin Gastelum faces battle-tested veteran Jorge Masvidal at The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 Finale in Mexico City. read news >>

Kyle O’Reilly Embraces the Convergence of Pro Wrestling and MMA

Heading into his match with UFC veteran Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly embraces the convergence of pro wrestling and MMA. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Miocic vs. Overeem: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 203

Capturing the UFC Heavyweight Championship is one thing; defending it is a different matter altogether. That's the challenge Stipe Miocic faces when he welcomes Alistair Overeem to Cleveland in the m read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Reveals His Plan to Get the Title Back (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum plans to get back to a title fight by defeating Travis Browne again at UFC 203 on Saturday. read news >>

The past and present of Werdum vs Browne

Fabricio Werdum defeated Travis Browne by decision in 2014 that ultimately led to a title shot. On Saturday at UFC 203 the two will meet again in a pivotal rematch. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>