10-CamozziJacoby-UFConFox-132Although he won three of his last four MMA fights, former UFC and World Series of Fighting participant Dustin Jacoby was looking for something to inject new life into his career. He found it as part of the kickboxing promotion Glory.

Over the course of February and March, Jacoby won The Road to Glory USA tournament, defeating three fighters in one night, in addition to picking up his first MMA win of the year in the Capital City Cage Wars promotion.

“Kickboxing is a completely different sport and should not be taken lightly because I feel the striking is much better in kickboxing and the technique is much different, but my transition went smoothly,” Jacoby told MMAWeekly.com.

As for fighting in a single night tournament, Jacoby found it a difficult, yet rewarding experience.

“Things went pretty natural,” he said. “When I was in there, I was looking at it as I was getting paid to spar and if I sparred well, then I would go on to the next guy. I just went in there, did my thing, and ended up winning.

“It was a very unique experience. It’s different than fighting one time. You’re warming your body up and then cooling it down, warming your body up and cooling it down again (between fights). It’s different. I don’t think a lot of people can do it.”

Having switched exclusively to kickboxing over the last several months, Jacoby has racked up a 4-2 record and is looking to close out the year with a win over veteran Makoto Uehara at Glory 13 on Dec. 21 in Tokyo.

“Makoto has fought very legit competition, he’s fought at a high level, and he’s Japan’s champion, so I’m looking forward to a tough fight,” said Jacoby. “I’ve been working with Mark Montoya of Factory X Muay Thai in Englewood, Colo., and he’s been watching tape on Makoto and we’ve been working on the things he sees and that he feels will win us the fight.

“I’ve competed in Glory enough now to know the ins and outs. I’m not putting too much pressure on myself. I’m just going to go in there and have fun and come out with the victory.”

After having spent much of this year focusing on kickboxing, Jacoby is looking to return to MMA next year and hopefully strike a good balance between the two sports in 2014.

“When I came into 2013, I was looking to continue MMA and climb the ladder in the sport, and kickboxing came out of nowhere and has taken care of me and given me a lot of opportunism,” he said. “Hopefully I can continue to climb the ranks in Glory.

“I feel like I have unfinished business in MMA left to do. My contract with WSOF is up in April, so I anticipate some doors opening for me in MMA as well. I’m just taking it one day at a time, train hard and continue to master my craft and skills and hopefully 2014 will be better than 2013.”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Brock Lesnar: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Fighter's Potential Return

After he reignited his professional wrestling career, it looked as though Brock Lesnar's days in UFC were over, but the 38-year-old may be nearing a return to the Octagon. Continue for updates. Lesna read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

RFA Bantamweight Champion Leandro Higo to Carry Olympic Torch in Brazil

RFA bantamweight champion Leandro Higo is set to accomplish another career highlight just 45 days after capturing RFA gold. Higo will carry the Olympic Torch. read news >>

Former Lightweight Champ Anthony Pettis Moving to the Featherweight Division

After losing three consecutive bouts, former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis plans to make the move down to the featherweight division. read news >>

‘Kimbo Slice’ Wanted to Be Remembered as a Family Man and as a Fighter Who Evolved

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson started his fighting career as a street fighter with heavy hands made famous by Youtube videos of his backyard brawls. read news >>

How Well Do You Remember the Career of Kimbo Slice?

Test your knowledge with a look back at the life and career of Kimbo Slice. read news >>

JUNE 17 — Jason High Looking to Finish Mike Ricci at WSOF 31

veteran lightweight Jason High is looking to finish his WSOF 31 opponent Mike Ricci when they meet on June 17 at Foxwoods Casino and Resort in Connecticut. read news >>

Ben Reiter Expecting to ‘Impose His Will’ at Bellator 156

Though he suffered the first loss of his career last November to Francisco France at Bellator 146, middleweight up-and-comer Ben Reiter doesn’t feel he was beaten in the fight. read news >>

Mike Santiago Taking Career to New Heights Heading into RFA 39

Following some rocky roads early on, Mike Santiago is taking his career to new heights heading into RFA 39. read news >>

Jordan Johnson Looking to Remain Undefeated at RFA 39

Unlike many fighters who can spend the majority of their career with one team, light-heavyweight up and comer Jordan Johnson has bounced around a bit. read news >>