With the 15th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” set to debut Friday on FX, there’s no love lost between coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

Faber dropped a unanimous decision to Cruz last July, but during a recent appearance on HDNet’s “Inside MMA,” Faber was quick to remind the UFC bantamweight champion that he submitted him with a guillotine choke back in 2007.

“He’s alive right now because there’s rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe,” Faber said. “So you're welcome, Dominick Cruz, for giving you life and letting you live. Next time I'm going to do the same thing. I'm going to let you live, but it's going to be painful.”

Naturally, Cruz didn’t appreciate Faber’s comments.

“He can say whatever he wants, but he’s just saying ignorant things because I get under his skin,” Cruz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He starts trying to go for the jugular, but that was one of the dumbest things he could have said because he’s been allowed to live several times. Tyson Griffin let him live. Mike Brown let him live. Jose Aldo chopped his leg off, so I’d be fighting him with no leg right now. He’s just saying stupid things to try to hype things up. It just makes no sense.”

The Griffin loss was Faber’s first in MMA. It took place about a year and a half before he beat Cruz.

“If there weren’t rules in MMA, back in 2005, Tyson Griffin put him to sleep with a knockout and he would have finished him right then and there, and I would have never fought Urijah Faber,” Cruz said. “There would have never been a rivalry. There would have never been nothing. This is a sport. This isn’t a death match. If it’s a death match, I’ll grab a pitchfork and stab him through his chest. It’s not a death match, man. … It’s a sport. It’s a sporting event.”

Faber has said Cruz is a good fighter. However, he believes the champion focuses on scoring points and doesn’t pose any real danger in the Octagon.

“He caught me in a submission in 2007. He beat me. I never made one excuse for it,” Cruz said. “I go and I beat him, and he has nothing but excuses. It’s a sport. You can win by points or you can win by finish. I did not finish him. I beat him by keeping him going backwards the entire fight, landing more punches than him and getting more takedowns than him. Yes, it’s hard to finish him. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet and so am I. He didn’t finish me either.”

Cruz expects a decisive finale, though, when they meet a third time on July 7 at UFC 148.

“I’m going to put a whooping on him, and this time I’m going to finish him,” he said. “I’m tired of hearing him run his mouth with that big chin of his.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 47:00).

Latest CM Punk update: Watch video of UFC rookie sparring, grappling ahead of (eventual) Octagon debut

"I definitely don't want to wait too long. I understand all the criticism. Here I am with you interviewing me, they're making me do media, all this stuff. Eventually you're sick of talking about it a read news >>

Diego Sanchez Makes Featherweight Debut Against Ricardo Lamas in Mexico

After having debuted in the UFC as a middleweight in 2005 and competing as a welterweight and lightweight, Diego Sanchez will debut as a featherweight on Nov. 21 against Ricardo Lamas. read news >>

Diego Sanchez to make UFC featherweight debut vs. Ricardo Lamas

Diego Sanchez will make his debut at 145 lbs this November in a big fight against top 10 ranked Ricardo Lamas. Diego Sanchez, perhaps quite fittingly, is the only cast member from the inaugural seaso read news >>

Diego Sanchez heads to featherweight, meets Ricardo Lamas at UFC Fight Night 79

Diego Sanchez is set to make his debut in his fourth different UFC weight class as part of November’s UFC Fight Night 79 event in Mexico.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Morning Report: Conor McGregor talks TUF with Urijah Faber, lessons learned from Chad Mendes and dates with Jose Aldo

Conor McGregor's had a busy summer. On July 11 he become the interim UFC featherweight champion and went straight into filming the next season of The Ultimate Fighter just days later. McGregor will c read news >>

Morning Report: Khabib Nurmagomedov calls out 'running' Nate Diaz after brawl

As you may have heard, Khabib Nurmagomedov and his entourage of fellow Dagastani fighters got into a bit of a tiff with The Skrap Pack this weekend. After cornering his brother at WSOF 22 at Planet H read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov calls out 'sucker' Nate Diaz for 'running' from him at WSOF 22

Things are getting heated! If you haven't heard by now, Nick Diaz and Nate Diaz were involved in an unsanctioned street fight (again), when the duo and their entourage engaged in fisticuffs with Team read news >>

T.J. Dillashaw: Dominick Cruz Doesn't Deserve a Title Shot

It’s easy to imagine how former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz might be bitter. He never actually lost his belt. It was taken from him due to circumstance. His brain lights up with the knowl read news >>

WSOF 22: Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Jorge Moreno video highlights

LAS VEGAS – Abubakar Nurmagomedov made a successful WSOF debut and earned a dominant unanimous-decision victory over fellow welterweight Jorge Moreno..Filed under: News, Videos, WSOF read news >>

Following UFC 190 win, Iuri Alcantara calls for rematch with Urijah Faber

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Back to the win column with a dominant victory over Leandro Issa at UFC 190, Iuri Alcantara discusses the improvements in his game after training with Greg Jackson, praises bantamwe read news >>