With the 15th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” set to debut Friday on FX, there’s no love lost between coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

Faber dropped a unanimous decision to Cruz last July, but during a recent appearance on HDNet’s “Inside MMA,” Faber was quick to remind the UFC bantamweight champion that he submitted him with a guillotine choke back in 2007.

“He’s alive right now because there’s rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe,” Faber said. “So you're welcome, Dominick Cruz, for giving you life and letting you live. Next time I'm going to do the same thing. I'm going to let you live, but it's going to be painful.”

Naturally, Cruz didn’t appreciate Faber’s comments.

“He can say whatever he wants, but he’s just saying ignorant things because I get under his skin,” Cruz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He starts trying to go for the jugular, but that was one of the dumbest things he could have said because he’s been allowed to live several times. Tyson Griffin let him live. Mike Brown let him live. Jose Aldo chopped his leg off, so I’d be fighting him with no leg right now. He’s just saying stupid things to try to hype things up. It just makes no sense.”

The Griffin loss was Faber’s first in MMA. It took place about a year and a half before he beat Cruz.

“If there weren’t rules in MMA, back in 2005, Tyson Griffin put him to sleep with a knockout and he would have finished him right then and there, and I would have never fought Urijah Faber,” Cruz said. “There would have never been a rivalry. There would have never been nothing. This is a sport. This isn’t a death match. If it’s a death match, I’ll grab a pitchfork and stab him through his chest. It’s not a death match, man. … It’s a sport. It’s a sporting event.”

Faber has said Cruz is a good fighter. However, he believes the champion focuses on scoring points and doesn’t pose any real danger in the Octagon.

“He caught me in a submission in 2007. He beat me. I never made one excuse for it,” Cruz said. “I go and I beat him, and he has nothing but excuses. It’s a sport. You can win by points or you can win by finish. I did not finish him. I beat him by keeping him going backwards the entire fight, landing more punches than him and getting more takedowns than him. Yes, it’s hard to finish him. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet and so am I. He didn’t finish me either.”

Cruz expects a decisive finale, though, when they meet a third time on July 7 at UFC 148.

“I’m going to put a whooping on him, and this time I’m going to finish him,” he said. “I’m tired of hearing him run his mouth with that big chin of his.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 47:00).

Ronda Rousey Gets Impatient During Weigh-In, Gets Physical with Holly Holm

Tensions were already running high between Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm during Friday's weigh-in.The undefeated UFC women's bantamweight champion approached her challenger after stepping off the scale read news >>

UFC 193 preview: A closer look at Ronda Rousey's career statistics

Ronda Rousey’s pro debut came less than five years ago, but the 28-year-old has already taken the sport by storm – both in and out of the octagon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

NOS® Energy Drink MMA Rankings, Nov. 10: Thomas Almeida jumps up the rankings

After running his winning streak to 20 with a UFC Fight Night 77 knockout of Anthony Birchak, undefeated Thomas Almeida has jumped up two spots in the latest NOS Energy Drink MMA Rankings.Filed under read news >>

Anthony Johnson plans on 'running right through' Ryan Bader, wants to 'take his soul'

SAO PAULO – Anthony Johnson’s push for a fight with Ryan Bader paid off in the form of a main event fight at UFC on FOX 18. With the fight set, Johnson explained why he wanted the fight so badly.File read news >>

Video: 'UFC 193 Embedded: Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm' full episode

Did you miss the debut of “UFC Embedded: Rousey vs. Holm,” or just want to watch it again? Check out the full episode inside. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77's Jimmie Rivera is a teacher first, fighter second

Jimmie Rivera is on a 16-fight winning streak and made his UFC debut with a sub-90 second knockout win att UFC Fight Night 72. You might expect that fighting is his overwhelming passion with that lev read news >>

Chad Curry Hopes a Big Win at RFA 32 Puts Him in Running for Title Shot

Undefeated lightweight Chad Curry hopes an impressive win at RFA 32 puts him in the mix for a title shot. read news >>

All-American Logan Storley Has Eyes on RFA Championship, but Not Rushing Things

NCAA All-American wrestler Logan Storley made his MMA debut in August, but already has some lofty goals, including an RFA title run. read news >>

Oscar De La Hoya says he's discussed a Ronda Rousey boxing debut

Boxing magazine “The Ring” recently released their January cover featuring Ronda Rousey and asking if she could conquer boxing as she has done with MMA. Oscar De La Hoya would like to be a part of th read news >>

Video: Part 1 of 'Road To Bellator 145: With A Vengeance,' featuring 'Pitbull,' Straus

Did you miss the debut of Part 1 of “Road To Bellator 145: With A Vengeance,” or just want to watch it again? Check out the full first episode. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>