With the 15th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” set to debut Friday on FX, there’s no love lost between coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

Faber dropped a unanimous decision to Cruz last July, but during a recent appearance on HDNet’s “Inside MMA,” Faber was quick to remind the UFC bantamweight champion that he submitted him with a guillotine choke back in 2007.

“He’s alive right now because there’s rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe,” Faber said. “So you're welcome, Dominick Cruz, for giving you life and letting you live. Next time I'm going to do the same thing. I'm going to let you live, but it's going to be painful.”

Naturally, Cruz didn’t appreciate Faber’s comments.

“He can say whatever he wants, but he’s just saying ignorant things because I get under his skin,” Cruz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He starts trying to go for the jugular, but that was one of the dumbest things he could have said because he’s been allowed to live several times. Tyson Griffin let him live. Mike Brown let him live. Jose Aldo chopped his leg off, so I’d be fighting him with no leg right now. He’s just saying stupid things to try to hype things up. It just makes no sense.”

The Griffin loss was Faber’s first in MMA. It took place about a year and a half before he beat Cruz.

“If there weren’t rules in MMA, back in 2005, Tyson Griffin put him to sleep with a knockout and he would have finished him right then and there, and I would have never fought Urijah Faber,” Cruz said. “There would have never been a rivalry. There would have never been nothing. This is a sport. This isn’t a death match. If it’s a death match, I’ll grab a pitchfork and stab him through his chest. It’s not a death match, man. … It’s a sport. It’s a sporting event.”

Faber has said Cruz is a good fighter. However, he believes the champion focuses on scoring points and doesn’t pose any real danger in the Octagon.

“He caught me in a submission in 2007. He beat me. I never made one excuse for it,” Cruz said. “I go and I beat him, and he has nothing but excuses. It’s a sport. You can win by points or you can win by finish. I did not finish him. I beat him by keeping him going backwards the entire fight, landing more punches than him and getting more takedowns than him. Yes, it’s hard to finish him. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet and so am I. He didn’t finish me either.”

Cruz expects a decisive finale, though, when they meet a third time on July 7 at UFC 148.

“I’m going to put a whooping on him, and this time I’m going to finish him,” he said. “I’m tired of hearing him run his mouth with that big chin of his.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 47:00).

Demetrious Johnson Open to Superfight with Dominick Cruz (Video)

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson is open to a superfight with bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz... if the price is right. read news >>

My First Fight: Urijah Faber | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Harry How/Zuffa LLC Everyone—or almost everyone—loves a good origin story. From the New Testament to the neverending deaths of Bruce Wayne’s parents and Peter Parker’s uncle, we’re fascinate read news >>

One to Watch: Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC UFC 203 has been hotly anticipated for some time now. September 10th will see the UFC enter the Cleveland, Ohio, market for the very first time and their hometown hero, read news >>

Fabricio Werdum, Urijah Faber, Other Fighters Stuck in Elevator Before UFC 203

Every bad guy in the hotel had to be counting their lucky stars they weren't on this elevator. It wouldn't have ended well for them. Not when Fabricio Werdum, Urijah Faber, CB Dollaway and a host of read news >>

Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

Win or lose, Urijah Faber was going to give fans something to be sad about at UFC 203. The California Kid is officially the California Middle-Aged Man at this point, and while fighters such as Dan He read news >>

UFC 203 Fight Highlights: Jimmie Rivera Decisions Urijah Faber | MMAWeekly.com

Second-ranked bantamweight contender Urijah Faber took on Jimmie Rivera on the UFC 203 main card in Cleveland, Ohio on Saturday. Check out the highlights of the fight. read news >>

Urijah Faber's Eye Poke Was 'A Little Bit Intentional,' Jimmie Rivera Says

In the later minutes of Urijah Faber's loss to Jimmie Rivera at UFC 203, the action was temporarily stopped after Faber poked Rivera in the eye. That eye poke was "a little bit" deliberate, at least read news >>

Urijah Faber's Eye Poke Was 'A Little Bit' Intentional, Jimmie Rivera Says

Urijah Faber, Travis Browne and 5 Pokiest Eye Pokes in Recent UFC History

If UFC 203 felt a little familiar to you, maybe that was on account of all the eye-poking. When Urijah Faber caught Jimmie Rivera, it wasn't his first eye-poke rodeo. It wasn't even his first eye-pok read news >>

Cody Garbrandt: Dominick Cruz is My Next Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Cody Garbrandt believes that there is no other fight for him other than a shot at UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz. read news >>