With the 15th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” set to debut Friday on FX, there’s no love lost between coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

Faber dropped a unanimous decision to Cruz last July, but during a recent appearance on HDNet’s “Inside MMA,” Faber was quick to remind the UFC bantamweight champion that he submitted him with a guillotine choke back in 2007.

“He’s alive right now because there’s rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe,” Faber said. “So you're welcome, Dominick Cruz, for giving you life and letting you live. Next time I'm going to do the same thing. I'm going to let you live, but it's going to be painful.”

Naturally, Cruz didn’t appreciate Faber’s comments.

“He can say whatever he wants, but he’s just saying ignorant things because I get under his skin,” Cruz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He starts trying to go for the jugular, but that was one of the dumbest things he could have said because he’s been allowed to live several times. Tyson Griffin let him live. Mike Brown let him live. Jose Aldo chopped his leg off, so I’d be fighting him with no leg right now. He’s just saying stupid things to try to hype things up. It just makes no sense.”

The Griffin loss was Faber’s first in MMA. It took place about a year and a half before he beat Cruz.

“If there weren’t rules in MMA, back in 2005, Tyson Griffin put him to sleep with a knockout and he would have finished him right then and there, and I would have never fought Urijah Faber,” Cruz said. “There would have never been a rivalry. There would have never been nothing. This is a sport. This isn’t a death match. If it’s a death match, I’ll grab a pitchfork and stab him through his chest. It’s not a death match, man. … It’s a sport. It’s a sporting event.”

Faber has said Cruz is a good fighter. However, he believes the champion focuses on scoring points and doesn’t pose any real danger in the Octagon.

“He caught me in a submission in 2007. He beat me. I never made one excuse for it,” Cruz said. “I go and I beat him, and he has nothing but excuses. It’s a sport. You can win by points or you can win by finish. I did not finish him. I beat him by keeping him going backwards the entire fight, landing more punches than him and getting more takedowns than him. Yes, it’s hard to finish him. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet and so am I. He didn’t finish me either.”

Cruz expects a decisive finale, though, when they meet a third time on July 7 at UFC 148.

“I’m going to put a whooping on him, and this time I’m going to finish him,” he said. “I’m tired of hearing him run his mouth with that big chin of his.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 47:00).

From Around the Web

With Rampage Jackson out, Steve Bosse to make debut against Fabio Maldonado at UFC 186

Well that is an interesting replacement... With a court ruling pulling Quinton Jackson from the scheduled UFC 186 pay-per-view (PPV) on Sat., April 25, 2015 from inside the Bell Centre in Montreal, Q read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 predictions, preview, and analysis

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will make its debut in Poland tomorrow afternoon (Sat., April 11, 2015) with UFC Fight Night 64: "Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop 2," headlined by a couple of past-their-prim read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 preview: Is 'Wild Boys' a dumb song?

KRAKOW, Poland – On Saturday, the UFC makes its Polish debut. Ahead of the card, MMAjunkie’s John Morgan and Chamatkar Sandhu discuss the night’s important topics, including the street cred of Duran read news >>

Jan Blachowicz: Right Where He Belongs

Jan Blachowicz's quick TKO of Ilir Latifi in UFC debut immediately put him on the map, and also landed him a co-main event slot against Jimi Manuwa in the UFC’s first Polish show this Saturday. read news >>

Every week, UFC's Damon Jackson queues up his debut loss on DVR

UFC lightweight Damon Jackson will soon celebrate his third anniversary as a mixed martial artist. With that celebration comes a much more frequent milestone: his weekly review of his first loss in t read news >>

Undefeated LaRue Burley Wants to Prove He's as Good as He Thinks He Is in RFA Debut | MMAWeekly.com

LaRue Burley wants to prove that he's as good as he thinks that he is when he makes his RFA debut against fellow undefeated prospect T.J. Hepburn on April 10. read news >>

Gunnar Nelson Booked for U.S. Debut at UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

Gunnar Nelson will look to rebound from the first loss of his career by making his U.S. debut on what could be the UFC's biggest fight card of the year. read news >>

The Beaten Path: 5 MMA Prospects to Watch in April

Whether the UFC is running shows or taking the weekend off, the MMA world is constantly turning. Prospects are gaining experience and looking to make a name for themselves, with their ultimate goal o read news >>

Scotland’s Steven Ray Signs With UFC And Replaces Jason Saggo In Krakow

Steven “Braveheart” Ray to make UFC debut in Krakow on April 11 against Marcin Brandel read news >>