With the 15th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” set to debut Friday on FX, there’s no love lost between coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

Faber dropped a unanimous decision to Cruz last July, but during a recent appearance on HDNet’s “Inside MMA,” Faber was quick to remind the UFC bantamweight champion that he submitted him with a guillotine choke back in 2007.

“He’s alive right now because there’s rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe,” Faber said. “So you're welcome, Dominick Cruz, for giving you life and letting you live. Next time I'm going to do the same thing. I'm going to let you live, but it's going to be painful.”

Naturally, Cruz didn’t appreciate Faber’s comments.

“He can say whatever he wants, but he’s just saying ignorant things because I get under his skin,” Cruz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He starts trying to go for the jugular, but that was one of the dumbest things he could have said because he’s been allowed to live several times. Tyson Griffin let him live. Mike Brown let him live. Jose Aldo chopped his leg off, so I’d be fighting him with no leg right now. He’s just saying stupid things to try to hype things up. It just makes no sense.”

The Griffin loss was Faber’s first in MMA. It took place about a year and a half before he beat Cruz.

“If there weren’t rules in MMA, back in 2005, Tyson Griffin put him to sleep with a knockout and he would have finished him right then and there, and I would have never fought Urijah Faber,” Cruz said. “There would have never been a rivalry. There would have never been nothing. This is a sport. This isn’t a death match. If it’s a death match, I’ll grab a pitchfork and stab him through his chest. It’s not a death match, man. … It’s a sport. It’s a sporting event.”

Faber has said Cruz is a good fighter. However, he believes the champion focuses on scoring points and doesn’t pose any real danger in the Octagon.

“He caught me in a submission in 2007. He beat me. I never made one excuse for it,” Cruz said. “I go and I beat him, and he has nothing but excuses. It’s a sport. You can win by points or you can win by finish. I did not finish him. I beat him by keeping him going backwards the entire fight, landing more punches than him and getting more takedowns than him. Yes, it’s hard to finish him. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet and so am I. He didn’t finish me either.”

Cruz expects a decisive finale, though, when they meet a third time on July 7 at UFC 148.

“I’m going to put a whooping on him, and this time I’m going to finish him,” he said. “I’m tired of hearing him run his mouth with that big chin of his.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 47:00).

Urijah Faber feeling 'a lot bigger, a lot stronger' ahead of UFC Fight Night 66

Urijah Faber is facing many obstacles for his UFC Fight Night 66 bout with Frankie Edgar. Faber is moving back up to featherweight after almost five years at bantamweight and traveling to the Philipp read news >>

Legacy FC 43 heads to Minnesota with Krantz-Larson title fight, Volkmann-Ottow

Legacy FC makes its Minnesota debut on July 17, and a title fight headlines the card.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Oscar De La Hoya on Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: 'I'm just not into the boxing, running style'

One of boxing's biggest former stars and promotional voices wasn't impressed by the "fight of the century." Obivously there's some promotional rivalry at play here, but none the less, Oscar De La Hoy read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #1951 with Frank Mir, Urijah Faber, Chris Algieri

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Frank Mir, Urijah Faber and Chris Algieri.Filed under: News, Radio read news >>

'Karate Hottie' draws TUF star for UFC debut on July 12

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is not without a sense of humor. Hoping to capitalize on the "it factor" of former Invicta FC champion Michelle Waterson, the promotion has paired her off against read news >>

Former UFC champion Rashad Evans talks injury and rehab: 'I've reached out to GSP, Dominick Cruz' for support

Rashad Evans speaks with MMAmania regarding his latest setback and how he has been handling a substantial amount of time off. When Rashad Evans returns, as he projected, in fall 2015, it will be clos read news >>

After 2-Year Absence, Opponent Sought for Prospect Frodo Khasbulaev's WSOF Debut

It has been called one of the saddest stories in mixed martial arts. That may be a bit of an overstatement, but not by a huge margin. Now, after two years in contractual and bureaucratic purgatory, D read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (noon ET): Urijah Faber, Frank Mir, Chris Algieri

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET with guests Urijah Faber, Frank Mir and Chris Algieri.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

Michelle Waterson makes UFC debut against Angela Magana in July

"The Karate Hottie" is booked for her first UFC fight. Michelle Waterson will debut against Angela Magana at The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale on July 12 in a Florida city yet to be named, the UFC annou read news >>

Michelle Waterson's UFC debut set vs. Angela Magana at July's TUF 21 Finale

Former Invicta FC atomweight titleholder Michelle Waterson will move up in weight to the UFC women’s strawweight division and make her octagon debut against Angela Magana at the TUF 21 Finale on July read news >>