With the 15th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” set to debut Friday on FX, there’s no love lost between coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

Faber dropped a unanimous decision to Cruz last July, but during a recent appearance on HDNet’s “Inside MMA,” Faber was quick to remind the UFC bantamweight champion that he submitted him with a guillotine choke back in 2007.

“He’s alive right now because there’s rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe,” Faber said. “So you're welcome, Dominick Cruz, for giving you life and letting you live. Next time I'm going to do the same thing. I'm going to let you live, but it's going to be painful.”

Naturally, Cruz didn’t appreciate Faber’s comments.

“He can say whatever he wants, but he’s just saying ignorant things because I get under his skin,” Cruz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “He starts trying to go for the jugular, but that was one of the dumbest things he could have said because he’s been allowed to live several times. Tyson Griffin let him live. Mike Brown let him live. Jose Aldo chopped his leg off, so I’d be fighting him with no leg right now. He’s just saying stupid things to try to hype things up. It just makes no sense.”

The Griffin loss was Faber’s first in MMA. It took place about a year and a half before he beat Cruz.

“If there weren’t rules in MMA, back in 2005, Tyson Griffin put him to sleep with a knockout and he would have finished him right then and there, and I would have never fought Urijah Faber,” Cruz said. “There would have never been a rivalry. There would have never been nothing. This is a sport. This isn’t a death match. If it’s a death match, I’ll grab a pitchfork and stab him through his chest. It’s not a death match, man. … It’s a sport. It’s a sporting event.”

Faber has said Cruz is a good fighter. However, he believes the champion focuses on scoring points and doesn’t pose any real danger in the Octagon.

“He caught me in a submission in 2007. He beat me. I never made one excuse for it,” Cruz said. “I go and I beat him, and he has nothing but excuses. It’s a sport. You can win by points or you can win by finish. I did not finish him. I beat him by keeping him going backwards the entire fight, landing more punches than him and getting more takedowns than him. Yes, it’s hard to finish him. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet and so am I. He didn’t finish me either.”

Cruz expects a decisive finale, though, when they meet a third time on July 7 at UFC 148.

“I’m going to put a whooping on him, and this time I’m going to finish him,” he said. “I’m tired of hearing him run his mouth with that big chin of his.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 47:00).

Relive Dominick Cruz' UFC 199 Fight Week and Win Over Urijah Faber (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dominick Cruz reviews his win over Urijah Faber at UFC 199 in Los Angeles, California. Cruz attempts to defend his belt against Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207. read news >>

Watch Dominick Cruz Beat Urijah Faber a Second Time (UFC 207 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz met longtime rival Urijah Faber in a rubber match at UFC 199 where he won via unanimous decision. Check it out! read news >>

Video: Watch Cody Garbrandt's cageside reactions to Dominick Cruz's third fight with Urijah Faber

Cody Garbrandt is no fan of Dominick Cruz, and he’ll have the opportunity to put fist to face in attempt to hash out their differences when the two meet at UFC 207.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207: The Complete Breakdown

While Ronda Rousey's return fight against Amanda Nunes is garnering most of the headlines in the lead-up to UFC 207 on Friday, December 30, the co-main event featuring a bantamweight title fight betw read news >>

Countdown to UFC 207: Dominick Cruz Readies for Undefeated Cody Garbrandt | MMAWeekly.com

Resurgent bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz braces for undefeated knockout artist Cody Garbrandt. read news >>

How did UFC champ Dominick Cruz roar back from injuries? First, he had to admit he might be done

Dominick Cruz used to think that he couldn’t even let himself think that injuries might derail his career. Then he grew up and learned to stop lying to himself, which has made him a better fighter an read news >>

Urijah Faber interested in fighters organizing, but favors working with promotions

Urijah Faber said he hasn’t gotten much of chance to research the organizations trying to unite fighters for better working conditions. But even without looking into them, he thinks there are too man read news >>

Ahead of UFC 207, champ Dominick Cruz tells story of how a canceled card changed his career

After a triumphant comeback earlier this year, UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz has already secured his spot among MMA’s all-time greats. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 207's Cody Garbrandt has been thinking about a fight with Dominick Cruz since he was a kid

The way Cody Garbrandt is looking at his title shot next week against Dominick Cruz, he’s fulfilling a destiny.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dominick Cruz on Cody Garbrandt ahead of UFC 207: I've dealt with my demons and he's still facing them

Dominick Cruz believes there’s nothing Cody Garbrandt can say or do to rattle him ahead of their upcoming UFC bantamweight title clash at UFC 207.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>