Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Ronda Rousey Plans 'World Domination' as Lyoto Machida Issues Cyborg Warning

Ronda Rousey is planning a return to the UFC and is aiming to reassert the dominance she enjoyed before her November defeat to Holly Holm, according to her nutrition coach, Mike Dolce. Before the bru read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's Comeback Fight, Holly Holm

UFC President Dana White confirmed Sunday that Ronda Rousey will have a chance to win back the UFC women's bantamweight title when she steps into the Octagon again. White discussed Rousey's immediate read news >>

Dana White Guarantees Ronda Rousey ‘Will Fight Whoever Has the Belt’ in UFC Return

We don't know when or where Ronda Rousey will make her UFC return, but Dana White guarantees she'll get a title shot when she does. read news >>

Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return Planned for November or December

Ronda Rousey won't be back in time for UFC 200, but Dana White makes it sound as if she might be on target for a date in New York. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's UFC Return Amid Miesha Tate Fight Rumours

UFC president Dana White believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is "ready to fight" again, and she will return to the Octagon in November or December. That could open the door for read news >>

Jon Jones Talks Daniel Cormier Injury, Issues Heavyweight Challenge for UFC 197

UFC light heavyweight contender Jon "Bones" Jones still wants to fight at UFC 197, even after Daniel Cormier pulled out of the event with an injury, and he has urged the UFC to come up with a replace read news >>

Cris Cyborg Expects Big UFC Fights in Her Future: Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Miesha Tate

On May 14 in Curitiba, Brazil, Cris Cyborg makes her UFC debut in a 140-pound catchweight bout, but sees much bigger fights in her future. read news >>

Cris Cyborg UFC 198 Media Scrum: ‘I Believe Ronda Rousey Can Be Champion Again’

Cris Cyborg talked about her Octagon debut with Leslie Smith, her relationship with Dana White, and her thoughts on Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Why Anthony Johnson isn’t Fighting Jon Jones at UFC 197?

Why didn't Anthony "Rumble" Johnson get the call to fight Jon Jones at UFC 197? UFC president Dana White explains. read news >>

Dana White Lookin’ for a Fight, Episode 4: UFC Boy Band, Snowboarding, and Prospects Found

During episode 4 of Looking' for a Fight, UFC president Dana White, former champion Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" head to Minneapolis to scout a heavyweight prospect. read news >>