Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Dana White: UFC 190's Bethe Correia intentionally used suicide remarks to play 'head games' with Ronda Rousey

Remember when Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's Bantamweight title contender Bethe Correia jiu-jitsued her foot in her mouth when she said she hopes Ronda Rousey doesn't commit suicide aft read news >>

Dana White: Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew Ronda Rousey's father committed suicide before comments

Ronda Rousey is partly fueled at UFC 190 by comments Bethe Correia made about Rousey possibly killing herself if she loses. Rousey's father committed suicide when she was a child. Correia has apologi read news >>

Dana White: Correia 'absolutely' knew Rousey's father committed suicide

Dana White says Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew about Ronda Rousey's father committing suicide before she made the suicide insult. Earlier in May, bantamweight title challenger Bethe Correia may have read news >>

Dana White: Rousey vs. Cyborg Does 2.5 Million Buys, but Cyborg Must Make Weight

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey posted yet another brutal, lopsided win at UFC 190. Unsurprisingly, the discussion both on social media and at the UFC 190 post-fight press conference ( read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey vs. Cyborg Justino would do 2.5 million PPV buys

Don't think that UFC president Dana White doesn't understand just how big a bout between Ronda Rousey and Cris "Cyborg" Justino can be. After Rousey, the UFC's mainstream superstar, added to her resu read news >>

Ronda Rousey slams 'steroid-pumped' Cris Cyborg, Dana White predicts fight will do 2.5 million PPV buys

As soon as Cris proves she can make the 135-pound weight limit, of course. After every one of Ronda Rousey's dominant wins, questions about a potential championship clash against Cris Cyborg begin to read news >>

Dana White Revised: Now Believes Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg Would Do 2.5 Million Buys

UFC president Dana White believes a fight between Ronda Rousey and Cris 'Cyborg' could do 2.5 millions buys, but 'Cyborg' has to drop a weight class to make it happen. read news >>

UFC 190 trending ahead of UFC 189 says Dana White

The UFC president says Ronda Rousey's latest fight is looking to outperform Conor McGregor's breakthrough a month ago. Dana White is never shy to let the world know when the UFC does well and he appe read news >>

Dana White thinks Ronda Rousey vs Cris Cyborg would break all MMA PPV records

The UFC president told Ariel Helwani that a fight card headlined by Rousey against the former Strikeforce women's champ would do more than 2.5 million buys. Dana White talked to MMAFighting.com's Ari read news >>

Dana White congratulates Ronda Rousey for making UFC 190 'No. 1 PPV of 2015'

The UFC president tweeted his women's champion for multiple accomplishments this year, including the best pay-per-view of 2015. One week ago at UFC 190, Ronda Rousey demolished another challenger in read news >>