Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

From Around the Web

VIDEO: Dana White Talks World Tour, Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania, and More!

Dana White addressed the craziness of the Aldo vs. McGregor tour, Ronda Rousey's appearance with The Rock at WrestleMania, rumored fights, and much more! read news >>

Julianna Pena on Ronda Rousey: 'She consumes a lot of my thoughts'

It's customary for UFC president Dana White and other executives to take Ultimate Fighter contestants out for dinner and drinks after the season wraps. That was the case following TUF 18 and it was a read news >>

'Daddy' issues! Tecia Torres unhappy with attention, protection Dana White gives Paige VanZant

I might be going out on a limb here, but I think Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) strawweight contender Tecia Torres is unhappy watching a fighter she beat -- 115-pound phenom Paige VanZant -- ge read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey is 'one and done' with WWE

Dana White spoke to John Pollock of The Fight Network about Ronda Rousey's professional wrestling future following the UFC 186 weigh-ins in Montreal. read news >>

Video: Sorry Ronda Rousey, Dana White says WWE appearance was 'one and done'

Anyone hoping to see Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey jump back into the ring for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is not going to like what UFC P read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey won't be allowed to compete in WWE matches

• 8 hours ago

The UFC president ruled out the women's bantamweight champion potential return to the WWE. At WrestleMania, the biggest professional wrestling event of the year, UFC women's bantamweight champion Ron read news >>

Dana White Thinks Rampage Jackson Still Has Legal Issues Ahead of Him (Video)

• 7 hours ago

UFC president Dana White thinks Quinton "Rampage" Jackson still faces legal issues in his contractual dispute with Bellator MMA. read news >>

WrestleMania 31 results and reaction: Seth Rollins wins title, Ronda Rousey judo tosses Triple H

Check out full results and reaction from WrestleMania 31 in Santa Clara, CA, where Seth Rollins walked out as world champion while Ronda Rousey joined The Rock to take out Triple H and Stephanie McMa read news >>

Ronda Rousey Goes Rowdy at WrestleMania 31, Tosses Everyone

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey appeared at WrestleMania 31 along with The Rock, and everyone we know went nuts. read news >>