Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Dana White Explains Ronda Rousey's UFC 207 Media Blackout | MMAWeekly.com

So how did Ronda Rousey get away with her UFC 207 Media Blackout? UFC president Dana White explains. read news >>

Dana White: 'Ronda Rousey is Psychotically Competitive' (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says Ronda Rousey is like the old Ronda again heading into UFC 207. read news >>

What's Next If Ronda Rousey Loses? Dana White Weighs In (video) | MMAWeekly.com

So what happens next if Ronda Rousey doesn't win at UFC 207? Dana White weighs in. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey, Amanda Nunes After UFC 207

UFC boss Dana White insisted Ronda Rousey has been left “devastated” after her brutal defeat against Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 in Las Vegas. Making her long-awaited return to the Octagon, Rousey was pu read news >>

Dana White Dishes on 'Devastated' Ronda Rousey After UFC 207 Loss

Ronda Rousey is a lot of things, but above all else, she is a fierce competitor. She hates losing more than anything else and, now riding a two-fight losing streak after being beaten by Amanda Nunes read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey Devastated Following Loss to Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White said Ronda Rousey was 'devastated' after UFC 207 loss to Amanda Nunes. read news >>

What Did Amanda Nunes Say to Dana White After Crushing Ronda Rousey? (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes got very animated with company president Dana White after she crushed Ronda Rousey. What did she say? read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey was 'mentally and physically ready' at UFC 207, unsure of next move

UFC President Dana White is apparently as unclear as the rest of the world when it comes to the next move in the career of former UFC champion Ronda Rousey.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joe Rogan doesn't expect Ronda Rousey back in UFC, but if so, must be in 'calculated manner'

Count Joe Rogan among those who don’t believe Ronda Rousey will fight again following her brutal 48-second knockout title loss to champ Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 this past month.Filed under: Featured, read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Comments on Ronda Rousey After UFC 207 Loss to Amanda Nunes

Retired boxing icon Floyd Mayweather Jr. has offered crestfallen UFC superstar Ronda Rousey some words of encouragement following her second successive career defeat, which came against Amanda Nunes read news >>