Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Is Ronda Rousey Pregnant? Dana White Squashes the Rumor

UFC president Dana White's job is never ending and never the same. Thursday night, he spent his time squashing a Ronda Rousey pregnancy rumor. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Dana White and Amy Schumer

• a day ago

UFC President Dana White joins to discuss UFC 202, a possible Rumble Johnson-Jon Jones fight, Ronda Rousey's status for UFC in NYC, and much, much more. Then, comic, actress, and author Amy Schumer s read news >>

Ronda Rousey: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation Surrounding UFC Star's Next Fight

• 21 hours ago

UFC President Dana White confirmed no final decision has been made about Ronda Rousey's long-awaited return to the Octagon. Her last fight was a loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November. On Tuesday, read news >>

Dana White Confirms Ronda Rousey Not Fighting at UFC 205 in New York

• 17 hours ago

UFC president Dana White revealed on Tuesday that Ronda Rousey will not be part of the inaugural UFC event in New York on November 12. read news >>

Dana White Wants to Make Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson for a Shot at Daniel Cormier

• 21 hours ago

Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier are both ready to rematch each other, but UFC president Dana White may have other plans, which include Jon Jones. read news >>

Dana White Video: UFC Sale ‘Kind of Bugged Me Out a Little Bit’

The sale of the company he helped build, has UFC president Dana White "kind of bugged out." read news >>

Video: Dana White Gives His Immediate Reaction, Breaks Down UFC 201

Dana White gave his immediate reaction to UFC 201, a card that saw Tyron Woodley take out Robbie Lawler in the first round to win the 170-pound title. read news >>

Dana White 'Would Love' Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz in Poland

Karolina Kowalkiewicz all but assured her title shot with a split-decision victory over Rose Namajunas at UFC 201. Kowalkiewicz entered as the No. 5-ranked strawweight with Namajunas holding the No. read news >>

Devin Powell Intends to Impress Dana White, Who is Looking for a Fight

Devin Powell won't say Friday night's NEF fight is now or never, but knows he needs to impress UFC president Dana White, who will be in the audience. read news >>

Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight Picked Up by Netflix

Dana White: Lookin' for a Fight was originally available on UFC Fight Pass and YouTube, but will soon be available on Netflix to its 83 million subscribers. read news >>