Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Dana White: Ronda Rousey won’t rematch champ Holly Holm at UFC 200

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White. Filed unde read news >>

Dana White Video: Ronda Rousey is the Biggest Star in the UFC, Bigger than Conor McGregor

Despite losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November, UFC president Dana White says that "Ronda Rousey is still the biggst star in the UFC." read news >>

Jose Aldo Issues Conor McGregor-or-Title Ultimatum to UFC and Dana White

MMA legend Jose Aldo has confirmed he will not fight in the UFC again unless he’s handed a rematch against Conor McGregor or a title shot. The Brazilian, regarded as one of the sport’s greatest compe read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey Return, Sage Northcutt, More

Ronda Rousey will "probably" make a return to the Octagon in November, according to UFC president Dana White, who has also opened up on Sage Northcutt's first professional defeat. Reigning UFC women' read news >>

Dana White Gives Conor McGregor No Chance of Beating Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 196

Dana White expects Conor McGregor to suffer his first UFC loss when he makes the move up to lightweight for a championship bout against Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 196 on March 5. The Notorious will clim read news >>

'Bendo' brushes off White's parting shot, now advising other potential free agents

Benson Henderson doesn’t take everything UFC President Dana White says to heart. He can’t. It’d be foolish.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor’s UFC 196 poster rant got Dana White to admit promotion was wrong

Conor McGregor’s stink over the UFC 196 poster got immediate results, UFC President Dana White revealed in an interview today with DC Radio. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Chuck Liddell Says He's Open to Training Ronda Rousey Ahead of UFC Return

Ultimate Fighting Championship Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell has proclaimed he'll train Ronda Rousey "any time she wants," noting the former women's bantamweight champion is in need of aid with her str read news >>

Laila Ali and Chael Sonnen Break Down Holly Holm’s Knockout of Ronda Rousey

Laila Ali joins Chael Sonnen on this episode of Beyond the Fight to break down the Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm fight and talk about the pressure of being a World Champion. read news >>

Jose aldo tera revanche com Conor mcgregor em 2016

Jose aldo tera revanche com Conor mcgregor em 2016 dana white confirma em entrevista com ESPN read news >>