Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with Sherdog.com, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Dana White Hopes Ronda Rousey Returns This Year, but Sounds Uncertain

UFC president Dana White hopes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey returns to the cage this year, but the possibility is up in the air. read news >>

Rolling Stone: Toughest woman in the world arrives in UFC

Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Holly Holm are the most recognizable names in women's MMA. But Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino might be the most dominant, and she plans to prove it yet again on Saturday at read news >>

Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Fight 'Impossible'

UFC President Dana White thinks a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is impractical. White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell that the reason he doesn't see the 49-0 Mayweather taking on t read news >>

Dana White Comments on UFC Owners' Pursuit of Purchasing NFL Team

UFC President Dana White denied a Tuesday report from ESPN.com's Darren Rovell suggesting the promotion's majority owners, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta of Zuffa, are looking to sell the business, but h read news >>

Cris Cyborg Shoots Down Ronda Rousey Talk, Plans Featherweight Return

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino made her UFC debut at UFC 198. It was a fight years in the making, highlighted by a dominant win in front of her hometown. It was her moment, and she wanted to make sure th read news >>

Cris Cyborg Doesn’t Believe People Will Talk About a Fight with Ronda Rousey

Don't put all your hope on Cris "Cyborg" Justino fighting Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate or Holly Holm at 135 pounds. Not yet, anyway. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Trolls Ronda Rousey on Facebook, Calls for UFC 205 Superfight in MSG

Cris Cyborg made her UFC debut Saturday against Leslie Smith at UFC 198, but she disappointed many fans by staying quiet about archrival Ronda Rousey. But Sunday morning, she rekindled the superfight read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. the World: How She Stacks Up with Ronda Rousey and the UFC Elite

Cris Cyborg made her long-awaited debut in the UFC on Saturday at UFC 198 and left no doubt as to whether she belonged. The Curitiba, Brazil native flattened Leslie Smith in 81 seconds, and while Smi read news >>

Dana White Lookin’ for a Fight, Episode 5: Their First Rodeo

Dana White, Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" head to Houston, Texas for a trip like no other. The guys attempt to cowboy up on horseback and then upgrade to bull riding. read news >>

Dana White Says Conor McGregor’s Next Fight Should Be Finalized Wednesday Night

UFC president Dana White hopes to silence the Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather rumors. That could happen as soon as Wednesday night. read news >>