Last week, Ronda Rousey was introduced by Dana White as the first female UFC champion.

The opponent for Rousey’s debut at UFC 157 is Liz Carmouche, but the fight fans really want to see pits the bantamweight champion against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. In an interview with, Santos confirmed that negotiations stalled due to issues with a demanding weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion.

"It was too little time to cut that much weight. I'm heavy, I always was. When I started fighting I weighed 154 pounds, and now I'm about 160 pounds without fighting. Dana already said he will just have the bantamweight division for now. I understand, there are not that many fighters in my division (145 pounds). So I'll make the effort to cut down. Who does not want to fight in the UFC?" she said.

Rousey was aware of the problems facing the Brazilian, but “Rowdy” did not spare her at last Thursday’s UFC on Fox 5 press conference, hinting again that “Cyborg” was afraid to fight her. Santos says the highly-anticipated duel is only postponed.

"She keeps saying that I'm running, but (anyone) who knows me knows that I never run from anyone. If it was up to 145 pounds, I would fight tomorrow. But it's not that way, and to cut down to 135 pounds I have to follow a plan just right. It's better for me to fight at bantamweight because the division has more fighters,” she said. “I'm looking for the right diet, the best way to lose that weight. I'll make that fight with Ronda happen. I'll give my best."

Like many of her female counterparts, Santos is thrilled that women will finally be allowed to compete in the UFC.

"It shows the state of female MMA today. It's time to take off. More fighters will now appear, even in my division," she said.

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Dana White Comments on Expected Gate for Rousey vs. Holm, UFC 193

Ronda Rousey will put her undefeated record on the line at UFC 193 in Australia against Holly Holm on Saturday. According to Damon Martin of Fox Sports, the fight is anticipated to break the all-time read news >>

Ronda Rousey Taken to Hospital Following Brutal UFC 193 Knockout Loss

Ronda Rousey was taken to the hospital following her loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, according to Dana White. read news >>

Dana White: When Ronda Rousey gets over loss to Holm, 'she's going to be a savage'

UFC President Dana White expects Ronda Rousey to come back stronger than ever following the first defeat of her career at UFC 193.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

With speculation rampant, Dana White doesn't think Ronda Rousey will split from camp

Ronda Rousey’s knockout loss to Holly Holm this past Saturday was so shocking that it has some in the MMA community speculating that Rousey needs to leave her gym for a fresh start.Filed under: News, read news >>

Triple H's Reaction to Ronda Rousey's UFC 193 Knockout Revealed by Dana White

Holly Holm's knockout victory over Ronda Rousey at UFC 193 shocked the mixed martial arts world, but it didn't stop there, as one of the most influential figures in professional wrestling was taken a read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Judo Coach Slams Critics, Issues Warning After Holly Holm Loss

Ronda Rousey's judo and grappling coach has taken a shot at critics slamming the former UFC women's bantamweight champion after her shocking loss at the hands of Holly Holm at UFC 193. Justin Flores, read news >>

Dana White on Ronda Rousey Bashing: ‘Even Idiots Can Have Opinions’

Even UFC president Dana White, who isn't exactly known for his political correctness, was critical of the mean and nasty social media posts about Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Video: Watch Ronda Rousey smash Bethe Correia at massively successful UFC 190

This was the one. This was the fight that moved Ronda Rousey from MMA star to a legitimate mainstream hit.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey 'Willing to Die' in Octagon as Holly Holm Hails Jon Jones Influence

UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has revealed she was willing to die in the Octagon to win a previous bout, as her lucrative showdown with Holly Holm at UFC 193 edges ever closer. Rousey has bl read news >>

Ronda Rousey Reveals Her Biggest No-No When It Comes to the Bedroom

When Ronda Rousey graciously decides to open up about her sex life and dole out love-life tips, the world listens. The MMA superstar did a Q&A session with Maxim and fielded questions ranging from wh read news >>