Eric Reynolds XFCThis time last year, XFC lightweight Eric “It’s a Wrap” Reynolds was coming off a loss to Nick Newell, which eliminated him from title contention within the promotion.

Rather than get down over it, Reynolds responded with two of his strongest performances to date.

“I came off that loss (to Newell) a year ago and I got right back on it and got my confidence back,” said Reynolds. “I stepped in there and took an undefeated guy (in Kevin Forant) out in a pretty quick and fashionable manner (with a first-round submission).

“My other fight was my third time fighting out of the country (in Finland against Anton Kuivanen for the Cage championship) and it was a long journey getting there. We were there for a week and the fight lasted 30 seconds. I just executed my game plan 100-percent that night (and got the knockout victory).”

Reynolds (18-6) will be looking to get back into the XFC lightweight title picture this Friday when he takes on late replacement in former King of the Cage champion Dom O’Grady (15-6) in Muskegon, Mich.

According to Reynolds, the change in opponent from Joe Elmore to O’Grady shouldn’t be an issue.

“I already had this fight in the making before my last fight,” said Reynolds. “I had an opponent change, but it didn’t matter. I knew I had to fight this date and I wanted to fight this date, so I’m in shape and I’m ready to go.”

When it comes to facing O’Grady, Reynolds told MMAWeekly.com that he expects nothing short of fireworks Friday night.

“He’s got some experience under his belt in a couple different weight classes and should be an interesting opponent,” said Reynolds of O’Grady. “He likes to box and so do I, so I think it’s going to be a stand-up war until somebody gets clipped and starts looking for the ground, which will hopefully be Dom.”

Reynolds feels that his willingness to fight anyone anywhere will play a big part in getting to where he wants to be in the coming year.

“I’ve been that guy where I’ve fought anybody and everybody,” he said. “I’ve never turned down a fight. I’ve travelled to Peru (in 2009) and fought their champion, I travelled to Finland and fought their champion, and I want to keep doing that. I want to fight the best in the sport; that’s what I want to do.

“I already have my next fight lined up (to defend the Cage title on Feb. 15). I’m going to stay pretty busy and active. I think that’s going to be my key to success is staying busy and staying in the winning column.”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Kickboxing News Roundup: Petrosyan wins, Dynamite fight cancelled

Updates from the world of kickboxing, including the return of Giorgio Petrosyan, a change to the Dynamite card, and a big fight announcement from Lion Fight. It's been a busy news time in the interna read news >>

Carlos Condit on Nick Diaz: ‘I don't think anything short of a rematch' would change things

Over three years have passed since Carlos Condit edged Nick Diaz to become interim UFC welterweight champion. But considering all the cries of ‘Diaz 1, 2, 5' that continue to litter MMA comments sect read news >>

Erick Silva embarrassed by his body, suggests injury contributed to loss in Saskatoon

Did you notice a change in Erick Silva? The Brazilian welterweight lost a split decision to Neil Magny at the UFC Fight Night 74 mixed martial arts (MMA) event last Sunday night (Aug. 23, 2015) in Sa read news >>

Frankie Perez says performance bonus caught him off guard, but won’t change his mind on retirement

A hotel in Saskatchewan can be a lonely place when you’ve got a fight coming up to two days, a hungry stomach and a lot to reflect on. That was the situation for Frankie Perez this past Friday, the d read news >>

UFC Fight Night 74 weigh-in highlights with Holloway, Oliveira, Silva, Magny

SASKATOON – The UFC throws down with a rare Sunday show this weekend in Canada. Check out the weigh-in highlights from the top of the card inside, including Max Holloway and Charles Oliveira, who mee read news >>

UFC exec: Stitch's Reebok 'comments had nothing to do' with firing

It looks like the UFC is looking to change the narrative on Stitch Duran's recent firing as Lawrence Epstein recently made it clear that Duran's Reebok comments had nothing to do with it. Well, this read news >>

Wednesday Fight Update

Upcoming fight cards will see one change and one addition, as women's bantamweight contender Raquel Pennington now faces Jessica Andrade, and Erik Perez returns from a long layoff to square off read news >>

Anthony Johnson posts rant about woman in gym, reportedly throws her yoga mat

Former UFC title challenger Anthony Johnson is again in the headlines after posting a lengthy rant about a woman he allegedly confronted in a gym.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>