When Danny Castillo heard that he’d been offered a fight against Michael Johnson at UFC 151, he didn’t hesitate to take it.

“The fight’s great,” Castillo told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “As soon as I heard of the fight, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s sign the contract.’ I think Michael Johnson’s really talented. I think he’s fast and athletic. It’s going to be a good test for me.”

Of course the fight won’t be happening at UFC 151 due to the event’s cancellation. Instead, it has been rescheduled for Oct. 5 at UFC on FX 5.

“I just carried on, man,” Castillo said when asked how he reacted to the news that UFC 151 had been nixed. “I just kept working. I went and trained. It helped me get my mind off the situation instead of being all sad and bitter about it. … I’m glad I didn’t waste a bunch of negative energy flipping out about it.”

In Johnson, Castillo will face an opponent who has won two straight. After outpointing Shane Roller in January, he impressively outstruck “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 winner Tony Ferguson in May for a unanimous decision.

“I know he has a wrestling background, but he doesn’t really wrestle too much in any of his fights from what I’ve seen,” Castillo said. “He’s had 12, 14 weeks to prepare, so maybe he’s just been doing a ton of wrestling to tighten it up? The thing about this fight is, I feel comfortable wherever I’m going to be at.”

Castillo is also on a winning streak, having earned three straight victories. He stopped Shamar Bailey last November, edged Anthony Njokuani via split decision in December and outpointed John Cholish in May. From Johnson, he’s expecting an opponent who will likely look to strike. Castillo’s background is wrestling, but he said he’s not worried about Johnson’s standup.

“If it’s on our feet, yeah, he’s fast and his standup’s what he’s been working on, [but] I just hope he didn’t forget to work on his ground game as well,” Castillo said. “I’m not the best boxer, but my wrestling makes my boxing pretty dangerous. As a straight boxer, I get beat up all the time. But if some takedowns are involved, my boxing gets that much better.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:56:53).

Yoshitaka Naito Embraces Underdog Role Ahead of ONE Championship Title Challenge

Yoshitaka Naito embraces underdog role ahead of title challenge at ONE: Kingdom of Champions. read news >>

Rockhold-Bisping, Cruz-Faber dig deep into rivalries ahead of UFC 199

The headliners for UFC 199 faced off over the telephone on Thursday, May 26 and it was quite the scene as Luke Rockhold, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber exchanged uncensored emotions read news >>

Thomas Almeida is Calm, Cool, Collected Ahead of UFC Fight Night 88 (Video)

Thomas Almeida is calm, cool and collected heading into his UFC Fight Night 88 headlining bout opposite Cody Garbrandt. read news >>

Bubba Grant Staring Down a Breakout Year with Bellator Deal at Stake

Bubba Grant never gets too far ahead of himself, but winning a Shamrock FC belt and a Bellator contract could provide him with a breakout year. read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier Firing Up the Hype Machine Well Ahead of UFC 200

As the months dwindle down to weeks, UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim beltholder Jon Jones have begun to ramp up their trash talk. read news >>

'The Kick Heard 'Round the World' Williams-Coleman fight headed to UFC Hall in 2016

UFC announced that the classic 1998 fight between Pete Williams and Mark Coleman will be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame’s ‘Fight Wing’ and serve as the final induction of the 2016 class. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Ottawa Video: Donald Cerrone – New Division, Same Cowboy

Catch up with Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone ahead of his welterweight bout against Patrick Cote at Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson in Ottawa on Saturday. read news >>

Miesha Tate Comments on Ronda Rousey Ahead of UFC 200 Fight vs. Amanda Nunes

UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has branded Ronda Rousey “pouty” and has questioned whether her rival will ever return to her very best. Tate was speaking on Conan as preparations conti read news >>

Manny Vazquez Hopes to Defend Legacy Belt and Get a Shot at UFC Chicago

• 7 hours ago

Legacy FC champ Manny Vazquez hopes to defend belt and make a quick return to the cage... at UFC Chicago. read news >>