When Danny Castillo heard that he’d been offered a fight against Michael Johnson at UFC 151, he didn’t hesitate to take it.

“The fight’s great,” Castillo told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “As soon as I heard of the fight, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s sign the contract.’ I think Michael Johnson’s really talented. I think he’s fast and athletic. It’s going to be a good test for me.”

Of course the fight won’t be happening at UFC 151 due to the event’s cancellation. Instead, it has been rescheduled for Oct. 5 at UFC on FX 5.

“I just carried on, man,” Castillo said when asked how he reacted to the news that UFC 151 had been nixed. “I just kept working. I went and trained. It helped me get my mind off the situation instead of being all sad and bitter about it. … I’m glad I didn’t waste a bunch of negative energy flipping out about it.”

In Johnson, Castillo will face an opponent who has won two straight. After outpointing Shane Roller in January, he impressively outstruck “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 winner Tony Ferguson in May for a unanimous decision.

“I know he has a wrestling background, but he doesn’t really wrestle too much in any of his fights from what I’ve seen,” Castillo said. “He’s had 12, 14 weeks to prepare, so maybe he’s just been doing a ton of wrestling to tighten it up? The thing about this fight is, I feel comfortable wherever I’m going to be at.”

Castillo is also on a winning streak, having earned three straight victories. He stopped Shamar Bailey last November, edged Anthony Njokuani via split decision in December and outpointed John Cholish in May. From Johnson, he’s expecting an opponent who will likely look to strike. Castillo’s background is wrestling, but he said he’s not worried about Johnson’s standup.

“If it’s on our feet, yeah, he’s fast and his standup’s what he’s been working on, [but] I just hope he didn’t forget to work on his ground game as well,” Castillo said. “I’m not the best boxer, but my wrestling makes my boxing pretty dangerous. As a straight boxer, I get beat up all the time. But if some takedowns are involved, my boxing gets that much better.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:56:53).

Lawler vs. Woodley: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 201

Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley hit the scales on Friday ahead of their mouth-watering title bout at UFC 201, and both fighters came in dead on the 170-pound limit, per Fox Sports: UFC: The main even read news >>

UFC 201 Fantasy Rewind: What you got right & wrong

UFC fans made their predictions ahead of UFC: 201 - but were they correct? We look at all the prefight picks and see what really happened on fight night. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez determined to make a difference as champ

Eddie Alvarez is already giving back to the Philadelphia community as he hopes to inspire young people and others to strive for their dreams. Alvarez won the UFC lightweight title against Rafael Dos read news >>

UFC 202 Free Fight: Nate Diaz Defeats Michael Johnson

Watch as Nate Diaz earned a decision victory against Michael Johnson at UFC on FOX 17 in December 2015. read news >>

Nate Diaz Says Conor McGregor is Silly, Trying to Hype Himself Up Ahead of UFC 202 (Video)

Heading into UFC 202, Nate Diaz said that Conor McGregor is silly for having pictures up in his garage of him punching Diaz in the face. Diaz feels McGregor is just fooling himself, trying to hype hi read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Cowboy Cerrone and Bob Saget

Donald Cerrone calls in live from Lake Mead ahead of his fight against Rick Story at UFC 202 and talks skydiving, Diaz vs. McGregor 2, and more. Then, comic and actor Bob Saget talks to Jim and Matt read news >>

Moving with the Current: Nate Diaz Takes What's His Ahead of UFC 202

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Atop a short staircase on the quiet side of a doorway that shields out the July afternoon sun, Nate Diaz wades into a fast-moving current of his own making. Less than three weeks read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Conor McGregor – ‘I Wanted the Rematch Immediately’

Conor McGregor discusses his mental preparation and expectations ahead of his highly anticipated rematch with Nate Diaz. read news >>

UFC 202 Video: The Exchange with Nate Diaz – The Early Years

Megan Olivi sits down with Nate Diaz ahead of his rematch against Conor McGregor and talks about his early years. read news >>

UFC 202 Takeaways: Let’s Go Ahead and Book Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3

Now that we have the biggest rematch in history behind us, what's next for the UFC? read news >>