When Danny Castillo heard that he’d been offered a fight against Michael Johnson at UFC 151, he didn’t hesitate to take it.

“The fight’s great,” Castillo told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “As soon as I heard of the fight, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s sign the contract.’ I think Michael Johnson’s really talented. I think he’s fast and athletic. It’s going to be a good test for me.”

Of course the fight won’t be happening at UFC 151 due to the event’s cancellation. Instead, it has been rescheduled for Oct. 5 at UFC on FX 5.

“I just carried on, man,” Castillo said when asked how he reacted to the news that UFC 151 had been nixed. “I just kept working. I went and trained. It helped me get my mind off the situation instead of being all sad and bitter about it. … I’m glad I didn’t waste a bunch of negative energy flipping out about it.”

In Johnson, Castillo will face an opponent who has won two straight. After outpointing Shane Roller in January, he impressively outstruck “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 winner Tony Ferguson in May for a unanimous decision.

“I know he has a wrestling background, but he doesn’t really wrestle too much in any of his fights from what I’ve seen,” Castillo said. “He’s had 12, 14 weeks to prepare, so maybe he’s just been doing a ton of wrestling to tighten it up? The thing about this fight is, I feel comfortable wherever I’m going to be at.”

Castillo is also on a winning streak, having earned three straight victories. He stopped Shamar Bailey last November, edged Anthony Njokuani via split decision in December and outpointed John Cholish in May. From Johnson, he’s expecting an opponent who will likely look to strike. Castillo’s background is wrestling, but he said he’s not worried about Johnson’s standup.

“If it’s on our feet, yeah, he’s fast and his standup’s what he’s been working on, [but] I just hope he didn’t forget to work on his ground game as well,” Castillo said. “I’m not the best boxer, but my wrestling makes my boxing pretty dangerous. As a straight boxer, I get beat up all the time. But if some takedowns are involved, my boxing gets that much better.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:56:53).

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson in the Works for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

A lightweight bout between top contender Khabib Nurmagomedov and Michael Johnson is in the works for the UFC 205 event on November 12 in New York City. read news >>

UFC targeting Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson for UFC 205

UFCofficials are looking to book a lightweight fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov vs.Michael Johnson for UFC 205 in New York CityKhabib Nurmagomedov is not a happy camper.On day removed from the annou read news >>

Michael Johnson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov official for UFC 205 in New York

A loaded card just continues to get even more stacked.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Confirms Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Tuesday that lightweights Khabib Nurmagomedov and Michael Johnson has been finalized. read news >>

UFC 205 Adds Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson

The UFC 205 press conference was a great half hour of banter, and Dana White also dropped an announcement of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson.The crowd was overjoyed to hear that the UFC' read news >>

Nate Diaz Talks Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor, Dana White Ahead of UFC 205

UFC lightweight contender Nate Diaz has called out president Dana White, as well as lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and featherweight king Conor McGregor following the announcement the two will me read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Calls Conor McGregor 'Ginger Crackhead' After UFC 205 Presser

UFC featherweight contender Jeremy Stephens has taken a shot at champion Conor McGregor ahead of UFC 205 on November 12, saying he'll fight the Notorious any day and labeling him a “ginger crackhead. read news >>

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Comments on Conor McGregor Ahead of UFC 205 Title Fight

UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has said he’ll do whatever he wants to Conor McGregor when the two men meet at UFC 205. The pair will battle it out in New York on November 12 in one of the yea read news >>

Weigh-In: John Dodson vs. John Lineker - UFC Fight Night

Watch John 'Hands of Stone' Lineker and John 'The Magician' Dodson weigh-in ahead of their UFC Fight Night match-up in Portland, Oregon. read news >>