When Danny Castillo heard that he’d been offered a fight against Michael Johnson at UFC 151, he didn’t hesitate to take it.

“The fight’s great,” Castillo told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “As soon as I heard of the fight, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s sign the contract.’ I think Michael Johnson’s really talented. I think he’s fast and athletic. It’s going to be a good test for me.”

Of course the fight won’t be happening at UFC 151 due to the event’s cancellation. Instead, it has been rescheduled for Oct. 5 at UFC on FX 5.

“I just carried on, man,” Castillo said when asked how he reacted to the news that UFC 151 had been nixed. “I just kept working. I went and trained. It helped me get my mind off the situation instead of being all sad and bitter about it. … I’m glad I didn’t waste a bunch of negative energy flipping out about it.”

In Johnson, Castillo will face an opponent who has won two straight. After outpointing Shane Roller in January, he impressively outstruck “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 winner Tony Ferguson in May for a unanimous decision.

“I know he has a wrestling background, but he doesn’t really wrestle too much in any of his fights from what I’ve seen,” Castillo said. “He’s had 12, 14 weeks to prepare, so maybe he’s just been doing a ton of wrestling to tighten it up? The thing about this fight is, I feel comfortable wherever I’m going to be at.”

Castillo is also on a winning streak, having earned three straight victories. He stopped Shamar Bailey last November, edged Anthony Njokuani via split decision in December and outpointed John Cholish in May. From Johnson, he’s expecting an opponent who will likely look to strike. Castillo’s background is wrestling, but he said he’s not worried about Johnson’s standup.

“If it’s on our feet, yeah, he’s fast and his standup’s what he’s been working on, [but] I just hope he didn’t forget to work on his ground game as well,” Castillo said. “I’m not the best boxer, but my wrestling makes my boxing pretty dangerous. As a straight boxer, I get beat up all the time. But if some takedowns are involved, my boxing gets that much better.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:56:53).

UFC Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett: What you got right & wrong

UFC fans made their predictions ahead of UFC Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett - but were they correct? We look at all the prefight picks and see what really happened on fight night. read news >>

Bleacher Report MMA Rankings for September 2016 Ahead of UFC 203

It's been a while, folks, but the Bleacher Report MMA rankings are back! It's been a hectic month-and-a-half, with a number of major events and a number of good fights going down across nearly every read news >>

Overeem says Miocic enjoying title life too much

Ahead of their heavyweight championship clash at UFC 203, challenger Alistair Overeem thinks champion Stipe Miocic is enjoying the title life too much and he's hungry enough to take the belt on Sept. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

Awwww, Mick Foley Gets All Dad-Like for CM Punk in Video Ahead of UFC 203 | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk may be a 4-1 underdog against Mickey Gall at UFC 203, but he still has a lot of fans rooting for him, and one of those is Mick Foley. read news >>

Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Johnson: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC Fight Night 94 is headlined by a top-10 ranked lightweight battle between No. 7-ranked contender Dustin Poirier (20-4) and No. 10-ranked Michael Johnson (16-10). Poirier is 4-0 since returning to read news >>

Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Johnson: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Watch Michael Johnson Take Out Gleison Tibau (UFC Hidalgo Free Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Before he steps in the cage with Dustin Poirier on Saturday in Hidalgo, Texas, check out this full fight video of Michael Johnson as he takes out Gleison Tibau. read news >>

Watch Dustin Poirier Stop Akira Corassani (UFC Hidalgo Free Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Before Dustin Poirier faces Michael Johnson at UFC Fight Night 94 in Hidalgo, Texas, watch this full fight video of Poirier stopping Akira Corassani. read news >>

Dustin Poirier: 'Michael Johnson Can't Last 25 Minutes with Me' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dustin Poirier will try to extend his UFC winning streak to five when he takes on Michael Johnson in a battle of lightweight contenders at UFC Fight Night Hidalgo. read news >>