While the Team Vision product made it all the way to the finals of Bellator Fighting Championships’s Season 4 featherweight tournament in 2011 before falling to Patricio Freire, he does not obsess over what might have been. In his view, it’s better to keep moving forward.

“I don’t think about my fight with Patricio ‘Pitbull’ in the Bellator featherweight finals. That’s water under the bridge to me,” Straus recently told Sherdog.com. “I lost that fight, but now I have to do whatever I need to do to win this tournament. I’m not about dwelling on the past. I’m about going out there and getting things done.”

Straus now faces Mike Corey in the second 145-pound semifinal on Friday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. The winner of their Bellator 65 contest advances to the featherweight finals to face Marlon Sandro, who defeated Alexandre Bezerra one week ago.

Unbeaten in his last seven bouts, Corey survived a first-round knockdown to earn a hard-fought decision victory over Englishman Ronnie Mann in his quarterfinal appearance at Bellator 60. Meanwhile, Straus took a workmanlike unanimous verdict over Jeremy Spoon on the same card.

Straus has been on a roll as of late, winning 14 of his past 15 fights. Though the 27-year-old Cincinnati native has gone the distance in 11 of his 18 career triumphs, he is constantly looking to improve his finishing ability.

“I’ve been working really hard on my striking lately, as well as continuing to focus on my cardio and my wrestling,” Straus said. “Just because I don’t knock a lot of my opponents out, that definitely doesn’t mean that it can’t be done. I feel like I have a lot of tricks left that the fans and my opponents haven’t seen yet, and I’m looking forward to continually going out there and showing those off.”

Straus, who used solid takedown defense to keep the majority of his fight with Spoon upright, believes his encounter with Corey will likely be won on the feet, as well.

“I think this fight could turn into a really good standup war. We could end up nullifying each other’s wrestling, and that could lead to a really exciting fight for the fans,” he said.

Even if he advances past Corey to face Sandro in the tournament finals, Straus knows his job isn’t complete.

“Second best isn’t going to cut it this time,” Straus said. “I’m not coming into this fight with Mike Corey thinking about what happened last year. I’m coming into this fight thinking about what’s about to happen right now, so that’s what I’m focused on.”

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Daniel Cormier and Daniel Straus

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Daniel Cormier and Daniel Straus.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Little Things Mean a Lot in Daniel Straus’ Journey Back to Bellator Belt

Daniel Straus hasn't hide time to revamp his game since he last fought Patricio Pitbull, but he didn't need to. read news >>

Who Ya Got?!? Fighters predict Patricio 'Pitbull' vs. Daniel Straus 3 at Bellator 145

ST. LOUIS – We checked in with some of the fighters at Bellator 145 to get their thoughts on who will walk away with the featherweight belt in Friday’s main event – Patricio “Pitbull” or ex-champ Dan read news >>

Daniel Straus on Bellator champ 'Pitbull': 'Just a short guy that can punch hard'

Daniel Straus said he doesn’t view Friday’s Bellator 145 featherweight championship showdown with Patricio Freire as a last chance or do-or-die opportunity.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Daniel Straus on Bellator champ 'Pitbull': I would've 'smacked the sh-t out of him'

Bellator lightweight champion Patricio Freire had a run-in with Will Brooks earlier this week. Freire’s actual opponent, Daniel Straus, suggested the champ is lucky he didn’t run into him first.Filed read news >>

Bellator 145: Daniel Straus vs. Patricio Freire full fight video highlights

ST. LOUIS – In what was at times a classic brawl, Daniel Straus won the featherweight title with a unanimous decision win over champ Patricio Freire at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Daniel Straus Takes Featherweight Title from Patricio Freire

Daniel Straus went to war with Patricio Freire for 25 minutes before grabbing a unanimous decision to earn belt at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis on Friday night. read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Bellator 145 event highlights: Daniel Straus wrests title from 'Pitbull' Freire in slugfest

Bellator returned on Friday with a a pair of title fights in St. Louis – and crowned a new champion in the main event.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Photo: New Bellator champ Daniel Straus badly broke his hand

After reclaiming his title in a grueling five-round affair, Daniel Straus’ revelation of a first-round hand break is all the more surprising. Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>