While the Team Vision product made it all the way to the finals of Bellator Fighting Championships’s Season 4 featherweight tournament in 2011 before falling to Patricio Freire, he does not obsess over what might have been. In his view, it’s better to keep moving forward.

“I don’t think about my fight with Patricio ‘Pitbull’ in the Bellator featherweight finals. That’s water under the bridge to me,” Straus recently told Sherdog.com. “I lost that fight, but now I have to do whatever I need to do to win this tournament. I’m not about dwelling on the past. I’m about going out there and getting things done.”

Straus now faces Mike Corey in the second 145-pound semifinal on Friday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. The winner of their Bellator 65 contest advances to the featherweight finals to face Marlon Sandro, who defeated Alexandre Bezerra one week ago.

Unbeaten in his last seven bouts, Corey survived a first-round knockdown to earn a hard-fought decision victory over Englishman Ronnie Mann in his quarterfinal appearance at Bellator 60. Meanwhile, Straus took a workmanlike unanimous verdict over Jeremy Spoon on the same card.

Straus has been on a roll as of late, winning 14 of his past 15 fights. Though the 27-year-old Cincinnati native has gone the distance in 11 of his 18 career triumphs, he is constantly looking to improve his finishing ability.

“I’ve been working really hard on my striking lately, as well as continuing to focus on my cardio and my wrestling,” Straus said. “Just because I don’t knock a lot of my opponents out, that definitely doesn’t mean that it can’t be done. I feel like I have a lot of tricks left that the fans and my opponents haven’t seen yet, and I’m looking forward to continually going out there and showing those off.”

Straus, who used solid takedown defense to keep the majority of his fight with Spoon upright, believes his encounter with Corey will likely be won on the feet, as well.

“I think this fight could turn into a really good standup war. We could end up nullifying each other’s wrestling, and that could lead to a really exciting fight for the fans,” he said.

Even if he advances past Corey to face Sandro in the tournament finals, Straus knows his job isn’t complete.

“Second best isn’t going to cut it this time,” Straus said. “I’m not coming into this fight with Mike Corey thinking about what happened last year. I’m coming into this fight thinking about what’s about to happen right now, so that’s what I’m focused on.”

Rampage Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii Results: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 157

• a day ago

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson improved his Bellator record to 4-0 with a split-decision win over Satoshi Ishii in the main event at Bellator 157 on Friday. MMAjunkie.com tweeted out the scorecards from t read news >>

Bellator 157 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Dynamite 2 Card

• a day ago

Well, that was boring. In a less-than-entertaining main event at Bellator 157 in St. Louis, a fleshy Quinton "Rampage" Jackson took a split decision over Satoshi Ishii. The bout drew boos from the Sc read news >>

Watch: Michael Chandler Scores One-Punch Knockout at Bellator Dynamite 2

• a day ago

Bellator 157 was a bit of a slog for a while there. Sure, there were some fireworks in Matt Mitrione's debut opposite Carl Seumanutafa, but the middle of the card was ho-hum at best. Enter Michael Ch read news >>

Bellator Dynamite 2 Results: ‘Rampage’ Takes Split Decision, Michael Chandler Reclaims Lightweight Title

• a day ago

In a highly-competitive heavyweight main event at "Bellator: Dynamite 2," “Rampage” Jackson edged out Satoshi Ishii with a split decision victory on Friday night. read news >>

Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 Post-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

• a day ago

The Scottrade Center in St. Louis hosted Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 on Friday, which included kickboxing and MMA fights. Following the event, the big winners spoke to the media. read news >>

Bellator’s Scott Coker: ‘We’re Going After All Free Agents,’ Including Rory MacDonald

• a day ago

Bellator president Scott Coker says they are going after all free agents, including Rory MacDonald. read news >>

VIDEO: Bellator Continues to Rekindle Pride FC Spectacle

• 5 hours ago

Although it's unlikely that the efforts of Bellator or Rizin will ever bring back the golden era of Pride FC, that hasn't stopped them from trying. read news >>

With Bellator Contract on the Line, Bobby Brents Sees Right Through Shamrock FC Opponent

Bobby Brents isn't looking past Shamrock FC opponent Bubba Grant, but he sees right through him with an eye on a Bellator contract. read news >>

Bubba Grant Staring Down a Breakout Year with Bellator Deal at Stake

Bubba Grant never gets too far ahead of himself, but winning a Shamrock FC belt and a Bellator contract could provide him with a breakout year. read news >>

Three New Bouts Complete Bellator 156: Galvao vs. Dantas 2 Fight Card

Three contests have been added to Bellator 156: Galvao vs. Dantas 2 on June 17 at Save Mart Center in Fresno, California, completing the fight card. read news >>