While the Team Vision product made it all the way to the finals of Bellator Fighting Championships’s Season 4 featherweight tournament in 2011 before falling to Patricio Freire, he does not obsess over what might have been. In his view, it’s better to keep moving forward.

“I don’t think about my fight with Patricio ‘Pitbull’ in the Bellator featherweight finals. That’s water under the bridge to me,” Straus recently told Sherdog.com. “I lost that fight, but now I have to do whatever I need to do to win this tournament. I’m not about dwelling on the past. I’m about going out there and getting things done.”

Straus now faces Mike Corey in the second 145-pound semifinal on Friday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. The winner of their Bellator 65 contest advances to the featherweight finals to face Marlon Sandro, who defeated Alexandre Bezerra one week ago.

Unbeaten in his last seven bouts, Corey survived a first-round knockdown to earn a hard-fought decision victory over Englishman Ronnie Mann in his quarterfinal appearance at Bellator 60. Meanwhile, Straus took a workmanlike unanimous verdict over Jeremy Spoon on the same card.

Straus has been on a roll as of late, winning 14 of his past 15 fights. Though the 27-year-old Cincinnati native has gone the distance in 11 of his 18 career triumphs, he is constantly looking to improve his finishing ability.

“I’ve been working really hard on my striking lately, as well as continuing to focus on my cardio and my wrestling,” Straus said. “Just because I don’t knock a lot of my opponents out, that definitely doesn’t mean that it can’t be done. I feel like I have a lot of tricks left that the fans and my opponents haven’t seen yet, and I’m looking forward to continually going out there and showing those off.”

Straus, who used solid takedown defense to keep the majority of his fight with Spoon upright, believes his encounter with Corey will likely be won on the feet, as well.

“I think this fight could turn into a really good standup war. We could end up nullifying each other’s wrestling, and that could lead to a really exciting fight for the fans,” he said.

Even if he advances past Corey to face Sandro in the tournament finals, Straus knows his job isn’t complete.

“Second best isn’t going to cut it this time,” Straus said. “I’m not coming into this fight with Mike Corey thinking about what happened last year. I’m coming into this fight thinking about what’s about to happen right now, so that’s what I’m focused on.”

Bellator Continues Global Expansion with Championship Fight in Israel

Bellator continues its global expansion under the leadership of company president Scott Coker with a November event in Israel. read news >>

Veta Arteaga Knows What She Signed Up for at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated flyweight Veta Arteaga knows what she signed up for at Bellator 161, and she's ready. read news >>

Derek Campos Expecting Explosive Fight with Djamil Chan at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Derek Campos steps into a Bellator 161 lightweight bout against Djamil Chan on Friday, in what could very well end up being a title elimination bout. read news >>

Did Bellator Find Its Own Paige VanZant in Russian Flyweight Anastasia Yankova?

Anastasia Yankova is very pretty. It feels disingenuous to start anywhere else. It's always been a part of her story, even back to her amateur days at a tournament where no one would cheer for her. S read news >>

Tony Johnson Believes a Win Over Cheick Kongo Paves Way to Bellator Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Johnson has worked his way into a heavyweight main event fight against Cheick Kongo at Bellator 161 on Friday. Is it his route to the title? read news >>

Mark Dickman Says He's a 'Step Above' Bellator 161 Opponent Daniel Pineda | MMAWeekly.com

Mark Dickman will make his return at Bellator 161 on Friday in Texas to take on local veteran Daniel Pineda in a preliminary card 145-pound bout. read news >>

Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson Weigh-in Video and Results | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson weigh-in is slated for Thursday, Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT. Watch it streaming live on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Chael Sonnen Leaves UFC, Signs with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen has officially ended his retirement from MMA competition. But he's not coming back to the UFC. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Fought Chael Sonnen? Sonnen Tells the True Tale | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen, who is returning to the fight game in 2016 with Bellator, tells the tale of the time he and Ronda Rousey allegedly fought in a restaurant. read news >>