Daniel Cormier has one fight left in Strikeforce, and then he’ll be making the move to the UFC’s heavyweight division. That is, unless he gets a shot at light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

“I’m a heavyweight right now,” Cormier told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “Until they offer me a fight with Jon Jones, fighting for the light heavyweight championship and coaching ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ and stuff, yeah, I’m fighting at heavyweight.”

Cormier is scheduled to fight Nov. 3 in Strikeforce, assuming the promotion can find a replacement for an injured Frank Mir. He expects to debut in the UFC in early 2013. While the plan is to compete at heavyweight, his name still comes up as a worthy challenger to Jones. Former UFC champion and current Strikeforce color commentator Pat Miletich has even predicted that Cormier would “ragdoll” Jones and take his title.

“That’s a huge endorsement by a guy like Pat, who’s accomplished as much as he has,” Cormier said. “I’m almost kind of speechless. I’ve never heard that before. ... It’s good to have people believe in you. To have a guy that’s actually so close but still so far away from my career say that, who just views it from the outside, is really good. Because I’m sure if he was actually on the inside and saw the work that we put in and the training, he would actually feel more confident in those statements.”

With that said, Cormier has an undeniable respect for Jones.

“I think Jon Jones right now is the greatest light heavyweight of all time,” Cormier said. “Why? Look at the five guys that he’s beaten to retain his belt and become the UFC champion. When you look at guys like Rashad Evans and those guys, go back and look at their opponents and you go, ‘My goodness, man.’ How in the world is every single fight against a guy like that? Jon beat ‘Shogun,’ ‘Rampage,’ Rashad, Machida and Vitor Belfort all in a row. How insane is that?”

Cormier sounds interested in a matchup, though, especially if the fight is promoted with himself and Jones on “The Ultimate Fighter.”

“I think [TUF] gives the fans a chance to get to know me better, to get more people getting to know me and watching me over the course of three months,” Cormier said. “It would give me some time to actually get my weight down and feel comfortable. It would do a lot of good. … At the end of it, you’d get to see a really big fight.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:05:17).

Jon Jones Taunts Daniel Cormier in Deleted Tweet About UFC 197 Injury Withdrawal

UFC light-heavyweight contender Jon "Bones" Jones showed the rivalry between he and Daniel Cormier is alive and well, taunting the current champion for pulling out of their scheduled bout at UFC 197 read news >>

Daniel Cormier Responds to Jon Jones' Comments

UFC fighter Daniel Cormier apparently did not appreciate that Jon Jones called him a coward when he appeared on The MMA Hour on Monday (h/t Shaun Al-Shatti of MMAFighting.com). Cormier took to Twitte read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier battle on Twitter after 'D.C.' offers to train Saint Preux

Daniel Cormier’s injury kept him out of his planned UFC 197 title defense against longtime rival Jon Jones, but the light heavyweight champ wasn’t quite ready to remove himself from the picture entir read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier Hot Tweets: Liars, Cowards, and Junkies… Oh My!

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier may not be fighting at UFC 197 as planned, but that hasn't stopped them from continuing to trash each other on Twitter. read news >>

Jon Jones: OSP beating me would be 'greatest day' of UFC champ Daniel Cormier's life

Don’t let Jon Jones’ recent Twitter battle with rival Daniel Cormier cause any confusion: “Bones” is 100 percent focused on new UFC 197 opponent Ovince Saint Preux, he said.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC star Jon Jones thinks that if he were to lose to Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, it would be the "greatest day" of Daniel Cormier's life. Saint Preux is set to take on Jones for the interim light read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Jon Jones Coach Greg Jackson and the Week’s Top Stories

Tune in Wednesday, April 6, at 6 p.m. EST, for Knockout Radio LIVE! with MMA coach extraordinaire Greg Jackson and a discussion on the week's top MMA news! read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

Knockout Radio Podcast: Jon Jones Coach Greg Jackson and the Week’s Top Stories

Join Knockout Radio for the podcast of their April 6 broadcast as Randy Harris and the crew talk with MMA coach Greg Jackson and discuss the week's top MMA news! read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: After all Jon Jones' troubles, why haven't fans flocked to Daniel Cormier's side?

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier continue to roll around in the mud together, most recently on social media. So why is it that Cormier is the one who always emerges lookin read news >>