Daniel Cormier Strikeforce Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier was dominant in defeating Frank Mir in his Octagon debut at UFC on Fox 7 on Saturday night in San Jose, Calif., but the 34-year-old is still unsure whether his future remains in the heavyweight division or if he will make the cut down to 205 pounds.

“It’s really going to be a team decision. We’ve got to get together with the UFC and with my management team and figure out what the next step is,” Cormier said.

“I’m just happy to be working for (the UFC). This is what I’ve been waiting for my whole career. It’s a dream come true just to be here right now. I’ve had a very long athletic career. I’ve always laughed when Dana said there’s jitters that come with this. But man, I was nervous today. You want to do so well, and I didn’t fight the fight I wanted to.

“More than anything I got tired. I’ve never felt tired in a fight. I think it was my nerves. I went in there and fought as well as I could.”

Despite the controlling win, Cormier, who is now 12-0 in his MMA career, doesn’t feel that his performance warrants a title shot.

“Even if they say you’re going to fight Cain Velasquez next, I don’t think that performance warranted a title shot. We’ll get together and figure it out. If they say, ‘Well Daniel, if your intention is to be a 205-pounder down the line and we need you to do it now,’ then I guess that’s what I need to do.”

Ryan Bader responds to Daniel Cormier: 'Who the hell have you beat at 205?'

Daniel Cormier and Ryan Bader have been trading barbs through the media after a bout between them fell through, and DC was given the next shot at the LHW title. Ryan Bader is looking for his shot at read news >>

Daniel Cormier sends message to Jon Jones: 'Get it together, man'

One man’s misfortune can be another’s opportunity, and Daniel Cormier has been granted the opportunity to compete for a UFC title for a second consecutive fight at UFC 187.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Daniel Cormier Pulled for Title Shot, UFC New Orleans Headliner Unresolved

With Daniel Cormier now fighting for the light heavyweight belt at UFC 187, the New Orleans event has a gaping hole at the top of the fight card. read news >>

Jon Jones Suspended, Stripped of Title, Replaced by Daniel Cormier at UFC 187

The UFC stripped light heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title and issued him an indefinite suspension Tuesday. Those actions came as a result of the fighter's arrest on a "felony charge of leavi read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs Daniel Cormier UFC 187 fight announced for vacant light heavyweight title with Jon Jones stripped

What a wild turn of events ... As a result of the shocking announcement on FOX Sports Live tonight that Jon Jones was stripped of his Light Heavyweight title and suspended indefinitely, a new UFC 187 read news >>

Daniel Cormier comments on UFC stripping Jones of title: ‘This is a sad day for our sport’

Newly announced UFC 187 main eventer Daniel Cormier commented on the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones of his title. On Tuesday night, the UFC announced that they would strip Jon Jones of his light-h read news >>

Jon Jones stripped of title, Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson for belt headlines UFC 187

The best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is no longer a UFC champion. The UFC stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title Tuesday night in the wake of his arrest on felony hit-and-run char read news >>

Daniel Cormier reacts to Jon Jones getting stripped of title and replacing him at UFC 187

As announced on Tuesday night on "FOX Sports Live," Daniel Cormier will now fight Anthony Johnson for the undisputed UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas. Jon Jones was strip read news >>

Jon Jones suspended, stripped of title; Daniel Cormier fights Anthony Johnson at UFC 187

In a bombshell announcement on Fox Sports Live, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Jon Jones has been stripped of his belt, which will now be contested between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson read news >>