05-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-170-w-0617-478x270Daniel Cormier quickly took car of business against Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 on Saturday evening.

The quick finish came on the heels of a heated war of words between the two, following Cummins making claims to being the cause to Cormier crying during their wrestling days.

This got under Cormier’s skin, but the UFC 170 victor said he’s not going to rub it in Cummins’ face. However, Cormier said the two need to hash some things out.

“I’m not going to kick a guy while he’s down. He and I are going to have to talk and figure out why he did it,” Cormier said on the UFC 170 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “Obviously he’s in the UFC. I think he has a bright future. It’s just a very tall order to come in on 10 days notice against one of the better guys in the division.”

During the fight, Cormier didn’t have a chance to talk any trash back to Cummins, he revealed. After all, a first round finish typically leaves little time to discuss things. But that was part of the plan, Cormier said, and UFC 170 was a success in all aspects.

“I was all fired up,” he said. “It’s my first time getting a finish in the UFC, so it’s a big deal for me. I’m excited. Everything was a success. The weight cut, everything just went according to plan.”

Coming down from the heavyweight division, many wondered how Cormier would perform at 205 pounds. With the technical knockout in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Cormier said his power will take him places in his new division. The former Olympian discovered his hands have heavyweight bulk to them.

“I felt great. I felt like my power affected him more than it did with the bigger guys,” he said. “I don’t even think I hit him very good with the uppercut that landed to knock him down … I think my power is going to carry me a little further at 205 pounds.”

As for his next opponent, Cormier isn’t calling anyone out just yet. But the new light heavyweight said he’ll stand by his phone, wait for a call, and say yes to whatever offer is extended from the other line.

If someone happens to fall off an upcoming fight card, Cormier will stay in shape to step in on short notice, he said. It doesn’t matter who stands opposite to him, Cormier said he’ll be ready.

“I’m just going to wait for the call. There are a lot of 205-pound fights coming up,” he said. “I’ll just always stay on call, waiting, keep training and being prepared. If they need me, I’ll step in, whether it be that Glover [Teixeira] gets hurt and fight for the champion, Phil [Davis] gets hurt, fight Anthony Johnson. It doesn’t matter.”

Jon Jones Tears into Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson on Social Media

Just because Jon Jones isn't able to compete right now doesn't mean he can't hear all the smack that his constituents are talking. He made that clear on Twitter Wednesday night when he unleashed a br read news >>

Jon Jones goes after Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson on Twitter after 'irrelevant' comments

Jon Jones may be inactive while he waits for his fate with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to unfold following a flunked UFC 200 pre-fight drug test, but it's clear he's still very aware of what' read news >>

Jon Jones goes on epic Twitter rant on Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier

Jon Jones goes on epic Twitter rant on light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and Anthony "Rumble" JohnsonInterim light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who was taken off UFC 200 afterfai read news >>

Daniel Cormier relives his road to UFC gold and first ever title defense

UFC Light Heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier takes us inside the octagon to relive some of his biggest fights on his way to a UFC title. D.C. walks us through his bout against the legend Dan Hender read news >>

Dan Henderson wishes he'd fought Jon Jones, but won't do it if he beats Michael Bisping at UFC 204

There isn’t much that Dan Henderson hasn’t accomplished in the sport of MMA. So far, the only thing that’s eluded him is an undisputed UFC title. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Vi read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): UFC light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier, Brandon Moreno

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Daniel Cormier and Brandon Moreno.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones hearing with Nevada Commission delayed until at least November

Jon Jones is still suspended pending a full hearing with the Nevada Commission read news >>

Jon Jones Doping Violation Hearing Postponed | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones' anti-doping case will not go before the Nevada Athletic Commission on Oct. 10 as planned. read news >>

Light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier headlines UFC 206 in Toronto vs. Anthony Johnson

The UFC’s return to Toronto in December has its headliner – and it’s a highly anticipated title fight rematch.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 set for UFC 206 in Toronto