05-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-170-w-0617-478x270Daniel Cormier quickly took car of business against Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 on Saturday evening.

The quick finish came on the heels of a heated war of words between the two, following Cummins making claims to being the cause to Cormier crying during their wrestling days.

This got under Cormier’s skin, but the UFC 170 victor said he’s not going to rub it in Cummins’ face. However, Cormier said the two need to hash some things out.

“I’m not going to kick a guy while he’s down. He and I are going to have to talk and figure out why he did it,” Cormier said on the UFC 170 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “Obviously he’s in the UFC. I think he has a bright future. It’s just a very tall order to come in on 10 days notice against one of the better guys in the division.”

During the fight, Cormier didn’t have a chance to talk any trash back to Cummins, he revealed. After all, a first round finish typically leaves little time to discuss things. But that was part of the plan, Cormier said, and UFC 170 was a success in all aspects.

“I was all fired up,” he said. “It’s my first time getting a finish in the UFC, so it’s a big deal for me. I’m excited. Everything was a success. The weight cut, everything just went according to plan.”

Coming down from the heavyweight division, many wondered how Cormier would perform at 205 pounds. With the technical knockout in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Cormier said his power will take him places in his new division. The former Olympian discovered his hands have heavyweight bulk to them.

“I felt great. I felt like my power affected him more than it did with the bigger guys,” he said. “I don’t even think I hit him very good with the uppercut that landed to knock him down … I think my power is going to carry me a little further at 205 pounds.”

As for his next opponent, Cormier isn’t calling anyone out just yet. But the new light heavyweight said he’ll stand by his phone, wait for a call, and say yes to whatever offer is extended from the other line.

If someone happens to fall off an upcoming fight card, Cormier will stay in shape to step in on short notice, he said. It doesn’t matter who stands opposite to him, Cormier said he’ll be ready.

“I’m just going to wait for the call. There are a lot of 205-pound fights coming up,” he said. “I’ll just always stay on call, waiting, keep training and being prepared. If they need me, I’ll step in, whether it be that Glover [Teixeira] gets hurt and fight for the champion, Phil [Davis] gets hurt, fight Anthony Johnson. It doesn’t matter.”

Daniel Cormier Calls out Rumble Johnson After UFC 202 Win, Dismisses Jon Jones

Following Anthony Johnson's 13-second knockout of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202, Johnson immediately called for a rematch against champion Daniel Cormier, who was in the audience. Cormier took to Twitte read news >>

Dana White Wants to Make Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson for a Shot at Daniel Cormier

Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier are both ready to rematch each other, but UFC president Dana White may have other plans, which include Jon Jones. read news >>

Anthony Johnson Video: Stop Talking About Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, I Have to Fight Glover

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has a big fight in front of him in the form of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202 on Aug. 20. If it's all the same with you, he'd really like it if everyone would quit asking him abo read news >>

Glover Teixeira Focused on Anthony Johnson, Doesn’t Really Care About Jon Jones (UFC 202 Video)

Glover Teixeira could be lined up for a title fight is he gets past Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, but all everyone wants to talk about is Jon Jones. read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

In a light heavyweight landscape without Jon Jones, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is the clear-cut No. 1 contender to Daniel Cormier's throne. That's the statement Johnson went about proving in the co-mai read news >>

Jon Jones Takes Plea Deal in Drag Racing Case

Jon Jones, already on probation for a felony hit-and-run case, accepted a plea deal in Albuquerque Metropolitan Court on Thursday. read news >>

UFC 202 Free Fight: Glover Teixeira Submits Ovince Saint Preux

Glover Teixeira submitted Ovince Saint Preux in a light heavyweight fight between top contenders at UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs Saint Preux. read news >>

Jon Jones Teases Quick Return from USADA Suspension in Instagram Post

Jon Jones has had a rough 12 months, but the former UFC light heavyweight champ feels like things are starting to turn around. That seems to be the case, at least, as Jones indicated he may be back i read news >>

Making Glover Teixeira: Urban legend to UFC star

Glover Teixeira was once an MMA urban legend. Now he finds himself in the co-main event at UFC 202 against Anthony Johnson on August 20. read news >>

Jon Jones Says He’ll Be Back in the Octagon ‘Really Soon’

UFC interim light heavyweight champion Jon Jones sounds as if he's come into some good news regarding his UFC Anti-Doping Policy case. read news >>