05-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-170-w-0617-478x270Daniel Cormier quickly took car of business against Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 on Saturday evening.

The quick finish came on the heels of a heated war of words between the two, following Cummins making claims to being the cause to Cormier crying during their wrestling days.

This got under Cormier’s skin, but the UFC 170 victor said he’s not going to rub it in Cummins’ face. However, Cormier said the two need to hash some things out.

“I’m not going to kick a guy while he’s down. He and I are going to have to talk and figure out why he did it,” Cormier said on the UFC 170 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “Obviously he’s in the UFC. I think he has a bright future. It’s just a very tall order to come in on 10 days notice against one of the better guys in the division.”

During the fight, Cormier didn’t have a chance to talk any trash back to Cummins, he revealed. After all, a first round finish typically leaves little time to discuss things. But that was part of the plan, Cormier said, and UFC 170 was a success in all aspects.

“I was all fired up,” he said. “It’s my first time getting a finish in the UFC, so it’s a big deal for me. I’m excited. Everything was a success. The weight cut, everything just went according to plan.”

Coming down from the heavyweight division, many wondered how Cormier would perform at 205 pounds. With the technical knockout in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Cormier said his power will take him places in his new division. The former Olympian discovered his hands have heavyweight bulk to them.

“I felt great. I felt like my power affected him more than it did with the bigger guys,” he said. “I don’t even think I hit him very good with the uppercut that landed to knock him down … I think my power is going to carry me a little further at 205 pounds.”

As for his next opponent, Cormier isn’t calling anyone out just yet. But the new light heavyweight said he’ll stand by his phone, wait for a call, and say yes to whatever offer is extended from the other line.

If someone happens to fall off an upcoming fight card, Cormier will stay in shape to step in on short notice, he said. It doesn’t matter who stands opposite to him, Cormier said he’ll be ready.

“I’m just going to wait for the call. There are a lot of 205-pound fights coming up,” he said. “I’ll just always stay on call, waiting, keep training and being prepared. If they need me, I’ll step in, whether it be that Glover [Teixeira] gets hurt and fight for the champion, Phil [Davis] gets hurt, fight Anthony Johnson. It doesn’t matter.”

Jon Jones: OSP beating me would be 'greatest day' of UFC champ Daniel Cormier's life

Don’t let Jon Jones’ recent Twitter battle with rival Daniel Cormier cause any confusion: “Bones” is 100 percent focused on new UFC 197 opponent Ovince Saint Preux, he said.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC star Jon Jones thinks that if he were to lose to Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, it would be the "greatest day" of Daniel Cormier's life. Saint Preux is set to take on Jones for the interim light read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC 197: Jones vs Saint Preux – Chance of a Lifetime Video

Jon Jones doesn't normally take short-noticefights. But with Daniel Cormier forced to withdraw from UFC 197, Jones accepted a fight with Ovince Saint Preux. read news >>

UFC 197’s Jon Jones: I'd be honored to headline MSG, but would Daniel Cormier?

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones welcomed a showdown with rival champ Daniel Cormier at UFC 205, but he’s not holding all the cards when it comes to his future. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier's Injury, More

Jon Jones has never been shy about voicing his opinion on Daniel Cormier in the past. On Monday, the former UFC light heavyweight champion went on the record to question whether it was an injury that read news >>

Glover Teixeira Hot on Jon Jones' Heels After Huge UFC on Fox 19 Knockout Win

For a long time, it was difficult to separate fact from fiction with Glover Teixeira. UFC commentator Joe Rogan said he was the second coming of Chuck Liddell. A grappler-turned-power-puncher, there read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier doesn't want to wait for UFC-NY debut for Jon Jones rematch

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is itching to get back in the octagon. Unfortunately, he’ll have to wait until his body allows him to do so.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

VIDEO: Jon Jones Thinks Daniel Cormier Makes a Good Champion, Still Doesn’t Like Him

Although the heat between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier is palpable, Jones insists that he is happy for Cormier to have had a chance to hold the belt. read news >>

Why Daniel Cormier is a swell guy even though he doesn't like Jon Jones (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Daniel Cormier has plenty of friends in MMA. He doesn't count his rival, Jon Jones, among them. read news >>