05-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-170-w-0617-478x270Daniel Cormier quickly took car of business against Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 on Saturday evening.

The quick finish came on the heels of a heated war of words between the two, following Cummins making claims to being the cause to Cormier crying during their wrestling days.

This got under Cormier’s skin, but the UFC 170 victor said he’s not going to rub it in Cummins’ face. However, Cormier said the two need to hash some things out.

“I’m not going to kick a guy while he’s down. He and I are going to have to talk and figure out why he did it,” Cormier said on the UFC 170 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “Obviously he’s in the UFC. I think he has a bright future. It’s just a very tall order to come in on 10 days notice against one of the better guys in the division.”

During the fight, Cormier didn’t have a chance to talk any trash back to Cummins, he revealed. After all, a first round finish typically leaves little time to discuss things. But that was part of the plan, Cormier said, and UFC 170 was a success in all aspects.

“I was all fired up,” he said. “It’s my first time getting a finish in the UFC, so it’s a big deal for me. I’m excited. Everything was a success. The weight cut, everything just went according to plan.”

Coming down from the heavyweight division, many wondered how Cormier would perform at 205 pounds. With the technical knockout in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Cormier said his power will take him places in his new division. The former Olympian discovered his hands have heavyweight bulk to them.

“I felt great. I felt like my power affected him more than it did with the bigger guys,” he said. “I don’t even think I hit him very good with the uppercut that landed to knock him down … I think my power is going to carry me a little further at 205 pounds.”

As for his next opponent, Cormier isn’t calling anyone out just yet. But the new light heavyweight said he’ll stand by his phone, wait for a call, and say yes to whatever offer is extended from the other line.

If someone happens to fall off an upcoming fight card, Cormier will stay in shape to step in on short notice, he said. It doesn’t matter who stands opposite to him, Cormier said he’ll be ready.

“I’m just going to wait for the call. There are a lot of 205-pound fights coming up,” he said. “I’ll just always stay on call, waiting, keep training and being prepared. If they need me, I’ll step in, whether it be that Glover [Teixeira] gets hurt and fight for the champion, Phil [Davis] gets hurt, fight Anthony Johnson. It doesn’t matter.”

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2 Announced for UFC 200: Full Match Card, Reaction

After pulling Conor McGregor from the card, the UFC needed to do something drastic to ensure UFC 200 would live up to its status as one of the most highly anticipated pay-per-views of 2016. The compa read news >>

With Conor McGregor Out, Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones Rematch Heads UFC 200

Dana White and a bevy of UFC fighters took over GMA to announce that the rematch between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones would now headline UFC 200. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2: Early Odds for UFC 200 Main Event

UFC officially announced Wednesday that the rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight championship is set to headline UFC 200 in July. The highly anticipated clash replac read news >>

VIDEO: Dana White’s Big UFC 200 Announcement, Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier React

Watch as UFC president Dana White announces the new UFC 200 main event. Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier react to their headlining rematch. read news >>

VIDEO: Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Steal the Show at UFC 200 New York Press Conference

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones immediately stole the show, smack talking each other at the UFC 200 press conference at Madison Square Garden. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier 2: Key Takeaways from UFC 200 Press Conference

A formal announcement by the UFC on Wednesday confirmed Jon "Bones" Jones and Daniel Cormier will headline UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, and both fighters exuded the utmost confidence in their resp read news >>

UFC 200: Jon Jones Is Loved, Daniel Cormier Is Hated & McGregor Is MIA? Uh, OK

After months of speculation and a week’s worth of utter chaos, UFC 200 finally got its main event on Wednesday and—hold on—let me make sure I have all this right… Jon Jones is in, crashing the party read news >>

Jon Jones: ‘Outside of Me, Daniel Cormier is the Next Best Thing’

Interim light heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones says champion Daniel Cormier is 'the next best thing' in the 205-pound division. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reveals UFC 200 Game Plan for Jon Jones Rematch

Light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones will rematch at UFC 200. Cormier says he’s not changing his game plan from their first fight. read news >>

Daniel Cormier: Stem Cells Have Him on Track for Jon Jones at UFC 200

UFC light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier says stem cells have his injured leg on the mend. His only UFC 200 stumbling block? Himself. read news >>