Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson booked as UFC 192 headliner in Houston

The expected main event for the UFC’s return to Houston in October now is official, and a new champ has his first title defense lined up. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'Shogun' Rua on UFC belt: Daniel Cormier, not Jon Jones, is 'real champion'

RIO DE JANEIRO – Mauricio Rua was the last person to hold the UFC light heavyweight title prior to Jon Jones’ reign of dominance that lasted nearly five years. But he said new champ Daniel Cormier is read news >>

B.J. Penn supports UFC's IV rehydration ban, says 'IVs are for wimps'

The UFC’s new partnership with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) went into place on July 1. Details are still being unpacked, but one aspect of the new oversight is a ban on the use of IVs for rehy read news >>

BJ Penn slams UFC's weight-cutting 'wimps,' calls IV hydration 'the biggest joke ever'

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight prospect Anthony Birchak called the "shitty" guidelines of the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) "fucking dumb," not long after learning that read news >>

Jon Jones back to training, had to clean the mats on the first day

Jon Jones' teammate Igor Araujo says the former UFC champion is training every day again. Two months ago, the UFC has stripped their light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title. Since then, arg read news >>

UFC San Diego Full Fight: Frank Mir Takes Out Mirko Cro Cop

Mirko Cro Cop is one of the most devastating strikers to compete in MMA, but that didn't stop Frank Mir from taking him out. read news >>

Daniel Cormier catches injury bug, fight with Alexander Gustafsson 'slightly' delayed

An injury to recently-crowned UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Daniel Cormier, will slightly delay his first defense of the title, according to a MMAjunkie.com. Cormier (16-1) was expected to face lan read news >>

Training partner: Jon Jones back to training and acting 'positive'

The biggest fight of Jon Jones' life may still be ahead, but there are glimpses and signs that the former UFC Light Heavyweight champion is taking it in stride. Two weeks ago a photograph appeared on read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson delayed due to Cormier injury

Daniel Cormier will still defend his UFC light heavyweight title for the first time against Alexander Gustafsson, but it won't take place at UFC 191 as expected. It looks like we'll have to wait a li read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson was targeted for September, but injury will delay

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier knows his first title defense will come against Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson, but it won’t happen when the two originally planned.Filed under: read news >>