Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

From Around the Web

Morning Report: Daniel Cormier says he can't promise he wouldn't 'lose his s**t' if he ran into Jon Jones

Daniel Cormier might be getting over the loss, but he's certainly not done with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Jones scored a unanimous decision victory over Cormier in the main event at U read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Daniel Cormier might lose his s--t around Jon Jones

"There is no relationship between Jon and I. He won. He won on January 3, but that's pretty much all that happened. Nothing changed. Nothing will change and we will fight again. We'll make sure the r read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68: Ryan Bader wants Jon Jones rematch with knockout win over Daniel Cormier

Ryan Bader looks to earn himself a rematch against Jon Jones to prove he's a better fighter than in their initial meeting. And he plans on earning that fight by knocking out Daniel Cormier at UFC Fig read news >>

How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier respond to Bader, Jedi Pokemons

The week's most interesting bits from the MMA and UFC twitter world. A few updates on what's been going on in the MMA & UFC Twitterverse -- There's a ton of tweets below, but first, don't forget to f read news >>

Watch: Jon Jones and Holly Holm Throw Some Spinning Kicks

If every opponent were a bag of sand, MMA would be more fun. Get on it, Dana. Because if every opponent were a bag of sand, you'd regularly get displays like this one, in which UFC light heavyweight read news >>

Johnny Case vs. Francisco Trevino rebooked for UFC 188 in Mexico City

The UFC’s return to Mexico in June continues to grow with the rebooking of a lightweight fight that was supposed to go down in January.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

'TUF: Latin America' winner Alejandro Perez meets Patrick Williams at UFC 188

The UFC’s return to Mexico in June has a new bantamweight matchup on tap: Alejandro Perez vs. Patrick Williams. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Big Nog hints return at UFC 190, wants Frank Mir before year-end

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, has been trying a stem cell treatment in order to heal many of his nagging injuries, and says it has been working. He also wishes to read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: The Aldo-McGregor tour, Lesnar's final goodbye, 'Rampage' as co-headliner

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, is the UFC’s world tour at risk of running the Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor hype into the ground? Did Duke Roufus do Anthony Pettis a disservice by not throwing in the read news >>