Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Jon Jones Suspended 1 Year by USADA for Positive Drug Test

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) officially suspended Jon Jones for one year Monday after he tested positive for two banned substances prior to his UFC 200 clash with Daniel Cormier in July, accor read news >>

Jon Jones gets 1-year suspension from USADA for doping violation stemming from UFC 200

A three-member arbitration panel today upheld a standard one-year suspension for Jon Jones’ UFC 200 drug test failure, rendering the UFC interim light heavyweight champ unable to fight until July 7, read news >>

Jon Jones Suspended Following USADA Arbitration Hearing | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones won't be back in the Octagon any time soon after being issued a suspension following his recent U.S. Anti-Doping Agency arbitration hearing. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson set for Submission Underground 2

No punches will be thrown, but Jon Jones and Dan Henderson will finally get a chance to compete.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Despite Suspension, Jon Jones Pleased to be Cleared of Cheating | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones issues statement after receiving the maximum allowable suspension for his anti-doping violation from USADA on Monday. read news >>

Conor McGregor's Quest to Hold Two UFC Titles (UFC 205 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC’s long road to New York culminates with UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden. Go behind the scenes with Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor as they prepare. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Karolina Kowalkiewicz Fighting for History (UFC 205 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC’s road to New York culminates with UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden. Go behind the scenes with champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Karolina Kowalkiewicz. read news >>

A Look Inside Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson's Preparations (UFC 205 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC’s long road to New York culminates with UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden. Go behind the scenes with Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson as they prepare. read news >>

UFC statement on Jon Jones

UFC is aware of the one-year sanction levied against Jon Jones as a result of his UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation, decided by a three-person arbitration panel held on Monday, October 31, 2016. read news >>

Jon Jones Set to Meet Dan Henderson Grappling Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones may be under a one-year suspension that won’t end until July of 2017, but he does have his next competition tentatively scheduled. read news >>