Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Morning Report: Coach Mike Winkeljohn believes 'there's a possibility' Jon Jones never fights again, says Daniel Cormier

Coach Mike Winkeljohn has never been afraid to tell it like it is. The head trainer at Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Winkeljohn hasn't been thrilled with prized pupil and former UFC light read news >>

Morning Report: Alexander Gustafsson calls Jon Jones 'pound-for-pound best' and that you can 'only consider yourself a r

Alexander Gustafsson has a shot at becoming a UFC champion later this year, but not without an asterisk. With former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in exile, Gustafsson will serve as the first read news >>

Sorry Daniel Cormier, but Alexander Gustafsson believes you're not a real UFC champion until you beat Jon Jones

Embrace the asterisk! Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight No. 1 contender, Alexander Gustafsson, is once again fighting for the title, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense read news >>

Overeem calls Werdum an 'MMA master’ but believes he can ‘expose his weaknesses’

Former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem believes he can beat Fabricio Werdum in a trilogy fight. read news >>

Bellator 138: Bobby Lashley Predicting Early Knockout Win over James Thompson

In 2009, Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley was something of an oddity. An unknown commodity fighting for a promotion that, similarly, was trying to figure out its own identity. One part legitimat read news >>

Ryan Bader: Alexander Gustafsson Doesn't Deserve Title Shot, Isn't as Dangerous

Ryan Bader was passed over for a crack at Daniel Cormier's UFC light heavyweight title in favor of Alexander Gustafsson and, unsurprisingly, it isn't sitting well with him. Speaking with Ariel Helwan read news >>

There's a Possibility Jon Jones Never Fights Again, According to Head Coach

Usually when you see "Jon Jones" and "coach" in the same sentence, you think Greg Jackson. But Jackson is one half of the head coaching team at the world-renowned gym down in Albuquerque, New Mexico. read news >>

Tim Kennedy Calls Out Dan Henderson, Wants to ‘Put On a Show’ for the Troops

Eighth-ranked UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy calls out Dan Henderson and wants to 'put on a show' for the troops. read news >>

Ryan Bader: Alexander Gustafsson does not deserve UFC title shot against Daniel Cormier

Especially coming off a brutal knockout loss to a guy who just got choked out himself, says Bader. Ryan Bader -- once again -- was left out in the cold when it came to getting the next 205-pound titl read news >>

Ryan Bader: I'm a 'more dangerous' opponent for Daniel Cormier than Alexander Gustafsson

Not only does Ryan Bader think he deserves a title shot more than Alexander Gustafsson right now, he also believes that he'd be a tougher opponent for Daniel Cormier. Bader, who has won four in a row read news >>