Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Listen Live to the UFC 200 Media Call: Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt

Listen in LIVE on the UFC 200 media conference call with Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt Thursday, June 30, at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Counterpunch – Cormier vs. Jones 2

Insults fly when UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim titleholder Jon Jones discuss their upcoming rematch in a heated interview. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered Podcast: Jon Jones Weighs in on UFC 200 and Daniel Cormier

UFC 200 headliner Jon Jones joins Matt Serra and Jim Norton in episode 4 of UFC Unfiltered. The guys discuss UFC 200, why Daniel Cormier is a 'Hater,' and much more. read news >>

VIDEO: Heading into UFC 200, Jon Jones Reflects on Pressure-Filled UFC 100 Performance

Getting ready to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200, interim UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones reflects on his pressure-filled UFC 100 performance. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Has No Illusions About Jon Jones at UFC 200

UFC 200 is the biggest event of the year, and the fight at the top of the card carries a long-ranging narrative with it. In the main event, light heavyweight kingpin and former Olympic wrestler Danie read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Cormier vs. Jones 2 — It’s Time Preview (Full Episode)

Light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim titleholder Jon Jones prepare to unify that division’s belt, and Brock Lesnar returns at UFC 200. read news >>

UFC 200 Media Call Replay: Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt

On Thursday, UFC 200's biggest hitters – Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, and Mark Hunt – fielded questions from the media. read news >>

The Question: Is Jon Jones More Vulnerable to Daniel Cormier in UFC 200 Rematch?

When Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier meet at UFC 200 on July 9, the first order of business will be adding a second and potentially final chapter to their protracted personal beef. The second item on th read news >>

UFC 200: The Definitive Timeline of the Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier Beef

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier really don't seem to like each other. That one thing you must remember, or nothing that follows will seem wondrous. Jones, the best fighter in the world, and Cormier, the read news >>