Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Jon Jones Tears into Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson on Social Media

• a day ago

Just because Jon Jones isn't able to compete right now doesn't mean he can't hear all the smack that his constituents are talking. He made that clear on Twitter Wednesday night when he unleashed a br read news >>

Jon Jones goes after Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson on Twitter after 'irrelevant' comments

• a day ago

Jon Jones may be inactive while he waits for his fate with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to unfold following a flunked UFC 200 pre-fight drug test, but it's clear he's still very aware of what' read news >>

Jon Jones goes on epic Twitter rant on Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier

• a day ago

Jon Jones goes on epic Twitter rant on light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and Anthony "Rumble" JohnsonInterim light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who was taken off UFC 200 afterfai read news >>

Light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier headlines UFC 206 in Toronto vs. Anthony Johnson

The UFC’s return to Toronto in December has its headliner – and it’s a highly anticipated title fight rematch.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 set for UFC 206 in Toronto

Cormier meets Johnson in a rematch from their first fight in 2015. read news >>

Daniel Cormier announces his next opponent for the UFC light heavyweight championship

Daniel Cormier has announced his next challenger for the UFC light heavyweight title. Find out who it is and when it goes down. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Decides to Put His Belt on the Line at UFC 206 | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier will put his UFC light heavyweight championship on the line at UFC 206. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson Fight Announced for UFC 206

Anthony Johnson will look to exact revenge and finish off a perfect year when he challenges Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight title at UFC 206 on Dec. 10. On Wednesday, UFC Tonight announced t read news >>

Daniel Cormier, Rumble Johnson to collide in UFC 206 rematch

Anthony Johnson finally gets his wish, as he'll be facing Daniel Cormier at UFC 206 in a rematch for the UFC light heavyweight championship.The UFC light heavyweight title picture has been inter read news >>

UFC 206: Daniel Cormier to Defend Title Against Anthony Johnson

UFC 206 has added its first big fight, as Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will give it another go, with Cormier holding the title this time around.Daniel Cormier emphatically announced the bout on read news >>