Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Anthony Johnson's coach: 'We already know' what Daniel Cormier is going to do

Jon Jones can be unpredictable in the Octagon. With Daniel Cormier, what you see is pretty much what you get, according to Blackzilians striking coach Henri Hooft. Hooft's student Anthony Johnson was read news >>

Daniel Cormier: ‘Jon Jones and I Are Tied Together Again’ (UFC 187 Video)

Light heavyweight title contender Daniel Cormier fielded questions from the media on Wednesday, saying he and Jon Jones are tied together once again. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 280 - Daniel Cormier

Daniel Cormier talks about replacing Jon Jones against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Believes Jon Jones Will ‘Get His Stuff Together’

Daniel Cormier believes two things: he's the real UFC champ and he'll one day fight Jon Jones again. read news >>

Daniel Cormier: 'It's time for people to stop feeling sorry' for Jon Jones

LAS VEGAS -- For Daniel Cormier, the only person to blame for Jon Jones' recent troubles is Jones himself. Jones, the former UFC light heavyweight champion, was arrested April 27 on a felony charge o read news >>

Daniel Cormier: Don't feel sorry for Jon Jones, feel sorry for the pregnant lady he crashed into

"I feel bad for his family and the people around him, but he's making these decisions. I think it's time for people to stop feeling sorry for this guy and make him realize that he has to get things d read news >>

Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones' Absence Is No 'Asterisk' on Light Heavyweight Title

Daniel Cormier wants you to know something: He is the UFC light heavyweight champion. No ifs, ands or asterisks about it. After submitting Anthony Johnson on Saturday at UFC 187 to capture the belt, read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs. Daniel Cormier: Can They Make Us Forget About Jon Jones?

Despite the toll taken by injuries and pending criminal cases, UFC 187 remains one of 2015’s most outstanding cards. The event is stacked like few others in this age of oversaturation. Topping the bi read news >>

Daniel Cormier on title shot: 'It's not my fault Jon Jones got into trouble'

Daniel Cormier is not the sort of person who takes pleasure in other people's misfortunes. So he takes no joy from Jon Jones' recent troubles. "I'm not that person, I'm not that person that's happy w read news >>

Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson: We're not going to beg Jon Jones to come back

Light heavyweight co-headliners Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier agreed on just about everything today during a teleconference for next week’s UFC 187, including Jon Jones.Filed under: News read news >>