Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

UFC Official: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier Rematch in the Works

It looks like Jon Jones will return to competition soon, and when he does, it will be for the title he never lost. The former UFC light heavyweight champion, who was stripped of his belt and suspende read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier: Latest News, Rumours on Potential Fight

UFC President Dana White announced Wednesday the MMA return of Jon Jones could come sometime in April against current UFC light heavyweight titleholder Daniel Cormier. Continue for updates. White: Jo read news >>

Dana White Targeting Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 for April

It's not going to happen at Madison Square Garden as UFC officials had hoped, but it looks like Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 will take place in April. read news >>

Dana White: Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier rematch 'probably going to happen in April'

Jon Jones will get the chance to rematch his biggest rival when he faces off with Daniel Cormier in April. At least, that’s the plan according to UFC President Dana White.Filed under: Featured, News, read news >>

UFC 197: Cormier vs. Jones 2 Event Page and Fight Card

UFC 197: Cormier vs. Jones 2 event page and fight card, featuring UFC light heavyweight rematch between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones. read news >>

Jon Jones to make return against Daniel Cormier at UFC 197 on April 23 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: A flyweight title fight between champion Demetrious Johnson and No. 1 contender Henry Cejudo will be the co-main event. read news >>

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier Rematch Announced for UFC 197

More than a year after Jon Jones defeated Daniel Cormier by unanimous decision at UFC 182 to defend his light heavyweight title, the two are slated for a rematch on April 23 in Las Vegas with Cormier read news >>

UFC: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones II will be announced in coming days

NEWARK, N.J. – Get ready for the rematch between UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and ex-titleholder Jon Jones.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jon Jones Could Be Game-Changer UFC Heavyweight Division Has Needed All Along

Heavyweight has always been the UFC’s problem child. This has been the case since the very inception of weight classes in American MMA. Ever since Mark Coleman kicked off his stint as the inaugural U read news >>