Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

UFC 200: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 Full Card Preview and Predictions

The most anticipated event in a good long while, UFC 200 is packed with names in a way never seen before in UFC history. The full card is as follows: Main Card (Pay-Per-View) Daniel Cormier vs. Jon J read news >>

VIDEO: Michael Bisping Calls Out Luke Rockhold, Says He Turned Down Jacare

Michael Bisping, who eventually got the call, said his "source very close to the UFC" told him that Luke Rockhold turned down a fight with Jacare Souza. read news >>

Following Surgery, Chris Weidman Calls Michael Bisping’s Bluff, Wants First Shot at the Belt

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman underwent successful neck surgery earlier this week, and now he's already calling out Michael Bisping. read news >>

UFC 200 Free Fight Video: Brock Lesnar Finishes Frank Mir at UFC 100

Brock Lesnar stepped into the Octagon against Frank Mir at UFC 100. Brock delivered some vicious ground and pound to finish off former champion and get the knockout. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 89 Results: Stephen Thompson Picks Rory MacDonald Apart, Calls for Title Shot

Second-ranked welterweight Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson became the top contender in the 170-pound division on Saturday when he defeated top-ranked Rory MacDonald. read news >>

Throwback Thursday Video: Brock Lesnar Compares Dana White to Vince McMahon

Prior to his UFC debut against Frank Mir at UFC 81, Brock Lesnar compared UFC president Dana White to his former WWE boss Vince McMahon. read news >>

UFC 200 Free Fight: Daniel Cormier Taps Out Anthony Johnson to Capture the Title

Daniel Cormier earned the UFC light heavyweight title when he defeated one of the most feared strikers in the division in Anthony Johnson at UFC 187. read news >>

Jon Jones Content at 205 Pounds, Would Consider Moving Up for UFC Heavyweight Title Shot

Despite past talk about moving to heavyweight, as UFC 200 approaches, Jon Jones currently finds few compelling reasons to make the move. read news >>

BJ Penn Calls for Unnecessary 3rd Fight with GSP at UFC 205 in NYC

It’s 2016 and BJ Penn is calling out Georges St-Pierre for a third fight. GSP announced on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani that he is ready to return to the cage, and that has the Hawaiian’s wheels s read news >>

Anderson Silva Calls for Michael Bisping Rematch, Suggests Manchester UFC Fight

• a day ago

Legendary fighter Anderson Silva thinks UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is “afraid” to face him in a rematch. The Brazilian lost to Bisping narrowly in London earlier this year in a pulsati read news >>