Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

UFC Fight Night 73 results: Glover Teixeira submits Ovince Saint Preux, calls out Daniel Cormier

Glover Teixeira reminded everyone why he earned that title shot last year. The Brazilian slugger put on a resurgent performance by submitting Ovince Saint Preux with a rear-naked choke in the third r read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73 results: Glover Teixeira puts Ovince Saint Preux to sleep, calls out Daniel Cormier

Glover Teixeira spoiled the Tennessee homecoming for Ovince Saint Preux at UFC Fight Night 73 earlier tonight (Sat., Aug. 8, 2015). The No. 4-ranked UFC Light Heavyweight locked a rear-naked choke th read news >>

Video: Watch UFC 192's Daniel Cormier pulverize Bigfoot Silva in Strikeforce

Former Strikeforce Heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has parlayed his successes in the now-defunct mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion into an outstanding -- but bumpy -- Ultimate Fighting Champions read news >>

UFC Full Fight Flashback: Daniel Cormier Knocks Out ‘Bigfoot’ Silva in Strikeforce

In the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix semifinals, former EliteXC heavyweight champ Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva was set to scrap with Daniel Cormier who was undefeated at the time. read news >>

Frank Mir calls Fabricio Werdum-Cain Velasquez rematch 'a 50/50 fight'

When the UFC recently announced the heavyweight title rematch between champion Fabricio Werdum and two-time former champ Cain Velasquez, the response from fans was something less than overwhelming. M read news >>

Sorry Daniel Cormier, but Jon Jones coming back 'a lot sooner than you think' and 'will be champion again'

Daniel Cormier is the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion and will be defending his 205-pound strap against Alexander Gustafsson in the UFC 192 pay-per-view (PPV) main eve read news >>

Is Jon Jones the UFC’s Forgotten King?

A forgotten king is the most somber soul of all. Unfortunately, this is the current reality of former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones after being arrested. read news >>

Frank Mir calls out internet trolls ahead of UFC 191: 'Your life sucks'

Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has a message for internet trolls. read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier doesn't see Glover Teixeira as threat: 'What's he going to do?'

Glover Teixeira believes his UFC Fight Night 73 victory over Ovince Saint Preux entered his name in the UFC light heavyweight title contender discussion. Champion Daniel Cormier isn’t buying it.Filed read news >>

Knuckle Up #353: UFC FN, OSP v. Teixeira, Jon Jones on The Long Slide + why this show is what it is

Literary gunslinger Eugene S. Robinson lends his "one"-of-a-"kind" "perspective" to a KNUCKLE UP only for KNUCKLE UP OBSESSIVES, filmed in a border town from some unknown locale on a completely sketc read news >>