Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

From Around the Web

Daniel Cormier criticizes Anthony Johnson for fake brawl with UFC champ Jon Jones

Daniel Cormier has mixed thoughts – not all of them good – about the fake brawl staged by UFC champion Jon Jones and Anthony Johnson at this past Saturday’s “UFC: Welcome to the Show” press conferenc read news >>

Daniel Cormier critical of Anthony Johnson's role in fake brawl with Jon Jones

Daniel Cormier thought the fake brawl between Anthony Johnson and Jon Jones was funny, but didn't think it was the direction that Johnson should be going ahead of his title shot. A few months before read news >>

Daniel Cormier: Anthony Johnson got played by Jon Jones during fake press conference brawl

Did Anthony Johnson just show his hand? The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight No. 1 contender was all "buddy-buddy" with reigning division kingpin Jon Jones, after the two engage read news >>

Daniel Cormier Not a Fan of Fake Brawl, Rumble Befriending Jon Jones

Jon Jones and Anthony Johnson had everyone eating out of the palm of their hands after staging a fake fight at Saturday’s "UFC: Welcome to the Show" press conference. Everyone, that is, except Daniel read news >>

Todd Duffee wants an actual challenge, calls out UFC 'legend' Frank Mir

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight Todd Duffee would like to apologize to all the mixed martial arts (MMA) fans who are perhaps feeling like they didn't get their money's worth when the read news >>

Todd Duffee doesn't expect Brock Lesnar comeback, calls out Frank Mir

Heavyweight knockout artist Todd Duffee is doubtful that WWE superstar Brock Lesnar will return to the UFC anytime soon. He feels Frank Mir should face him next instead. Todd Duffee has a very impres read news >>

Video: Watch UFC champ Jon Jones and Anthony Johnson give Dana White a heart attack

LOS ANGELES – For a minute there, UFC President Dana White clearly had a look on his face that suggested the fight promotion had another PR disaster on its hands.Filed under: Featured, Featured Video read news >>

Strikeforce Vet Anthony Smith Will Keep Winning Until the Bigs Can't Say No | MMAWeekly.com

Strikeforce veteran Anthony "Lionheart" Smith heads into Saturday's CFFC planning to win until the bigs can no longer say "no." read news >>

Henderson-Boetsch, Mitrione-Rothwell set for UFC Fight Night 68 in New Orleans

The UFC’s return trip to the “Crescent City” in June has a pair of heavy-hitting fights headed for the bill.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>