Daniel Cormier has unfinished business with Frank Mir.

The American Kickboxing Academy standout called out the former UFC heavyweight champion following his lopsided victory against an overmatched Dion Staring at Strikeforce’s final show on Saturday night.

Competing in the evening’s co-main event, Cormier unleashed a torrent of violence on the Dutchman at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, afterward calling out Mir for a spring Octagon meeting at UFC on Fox 7.

“I signed my UFC contract,” Cormier told Showtime Sports. “April 20 on Fox, Frank Mir, let’s do it. It was supposed to happen, and we were supposed to fight in Oklahoma, so he owes it to me.

The Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner was not done yet, however, as he went on to target UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is scheduled to defend his belt at UFC 159 against former two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen.

“I’m going to let Jon defend his belt on April 27, and then I’m going to kick his ass in the fall,” Cormier said.

Cormier was initially expected to face Mir this past November, but the onetime UFC king was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury. The entire event was then canceled and rescheduled after a handful of main card competitors were also bitten by the injury bug, and Cormier was paired with Staring for his final Strikeforce appearance.

“I felt great. I was kind of concerned, because I felt sick all week,” said Cormier. “[I thought I was] going to get tired, but I didn’t. I was still going hard, on top of him, punching him, but he was just a really tough guy.”

Staring, a Golden Glory representative cornered by UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem, offered up little resistance beyond the bout’s opening moments, with Cormier connecting with solid shots standing before repeatedly taking the 34-year-old to the floor and punishing him with ground-and-pound.

At one point during the second round, Cormier appeared to consider snatching a wide-open armbar but ultimately reconsidered, maintaining his dominant position and pounding out his opponent for the routine technical knockout victory.

“I’m a guy who is mainly never going to give up position for a submission,” said Cormier. “That’s just kind of my style. I’m a wrestler. I could have had it, but I’m not too sure on that yet.”

Jon Jones Out of the Picture, Rumble Willing to Wait for Daniel Cormier (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones isn't even on his radar, as Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is willing to wait forever to challenge UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Says He Wants Rematch With Jon Jones Even If the Former Champ Is Using PEDs | FIGHTLAND

In mixed martial arts there are many fighters who have trouble dealing with a loss and pine for a rematch. And then there are fighters who can barely tolerate a loss and see a rematch as the key to t read news >>

Bellator 170 results: Paul Daley knocks out Brennan Ward with flying knee, calls out Rory MacDonald

• 6 hours ago

INGLEWOOD, Calif. – Paul Daley promised to end his fight with Brennan Ward in spectacular fashion. That’s exactly what happened when he scored a highlight-reel flying knee knockout. Filed under: Bell read news >>

Paul Daley Scores 29th Career Knockout, Calls Out Rory MacDonald (Bellator 170 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• 6 hours ago

Paul Daley rebounded from a decision loss to Douglas Lima in July by knocking out Brennan Ward in the first round of the Bellator 170 co-main event on Saturday. read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Jon Jones still planning jump to heavyweight, awaits 'perfect opponent'

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has flip-flopped on the possibility of moving up to the heavyweight division over the years. Currently, however, he said it’s eventually going to happe read news >>

Hear that? Jeremy Stephens calls out Clay Guida: 'I've wanted this fight for years'

Jeremy Stephens and Clay Guida have both been part of the UFC roster for more than nine years. Yet somehow, they’ve never crossed paths inside the octagon. Not yet, anyway.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'Groovy' Lando Vannata set to meet David Teymur at UFC 209 in Las Vegas

The UFC’s first 2017 pay-per-view in its Las Vegas home base is starting to build with the addition of a lightweight fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Bas Rutten and TJ Dillashaw

MMA Legend Bas Rutten calls in to discuss his Pancrase days, the evolution of MMA, UFC 207 and much more. Before that, No. 1 ranked UFC Bantamweight TJ Dillashaw joins the show. Plus, Matt chats with read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC 207: What do ya wanna bet the return of Ronda Rousey is in there?

The UFC’s final event of the year finally is here. Check out 10 reasons to watch UFC 207, including the return of “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>