SAN JOSE, Calif. – While promoting a card in Sweden earlier this month, UFC president Dana White made a stop in Dusseldorf, Germany, to undergo an experimental treatment to help him with his Meniere's disease.

White underwent platelet-rich plasma therapy after receiving a tip from New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

Meniere's is an inner ear disorder with symptoms that include vertigo. The symptoms, at their worst, could require White to lie quietly for many hours at a time, rendering him unable to work.

White underwent surgery in the United States last year and said the procedure didn't help much. He was, however, enthused about the results from the PRP therapy.

"It was [expletive] amazing; just amazing," a jovial White said Thursday at the HP Pavilion, where he is promoting a card on Saturday. "I'm done. I'm good. I'm still going to eat the way I'm supposed to eat and do what I'm supposed to do, but when I tell you that healed me, wow. Literally, I got the shot on a Sunday at 3:30 in the afternoon. I had the shot at 3:30 in the afternoon in Germany. I flew home [to Las Vegas] and got home late Sunday night.

"I got up on Monday morning to fly to Stanford. I spoke at Stanford business school. I flew back and was in the office for a while and when I woke up on Tuesday, I felt like Superman. I almost flew to work."

[Also: Jon Jones apologizes for comments on Chael Sonnen and steroids]

White has had persistent symptoms, more than 11 times a month. At one postfight news conference, he was so dizzy as he was standing that he tightly gripped the podium so he wouldn't fall over.

The therapy removes platelets from the blood, which are then injected back into the area. White had a large needle mark still visible on his right arm.

He held up a 32-ounce bottle of water and said the nurse took three similarly sized bottles of his blood.

"The lady asked me, 'Do you have problems with needles?' " White said. "And I'm like, 'Nope. Don't bother me at all.' She sticks the needle in me and I'm like, 'Oh my God. This lady doesn't know what she's doing. That hurt.' I looked down and they had a Slurpee straw in my arm."

White said the blood was spun and then several days later, he returned and doctors had a yellowish substance that they removed from the blood and injected into him.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, Pope John Paul II and actor George Clooney are among other celebrities to undergo the procedure.

White was told it works well for those who are suffering from Parkinson's disease, so he called noted boxing trainer Freddie Roach and recommended it to him. Roach has a bad case of trauma-induced Parkinson's.

[Also: Daniel Cormier noncommital about future following Frank Mir]

White is now a huge booster.

"I haven't felt this good in two years," he said. "I was having attacks every single day. Every day. Some were worse than others, and it's not like I was having attacks every day where I was down for nine hours, but I'd have to go lay down in my office for 15 minutes or something.

"I always felt dizzy. I never felt good. When I tried to work out, the music in the gym was killing me. The music was killing me. I'm working out like a maniac now. I've never felt so good in my life."

Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
Broncos, Ravens to kick off NFL's 2013 regular season
Ball Don't Lie Power Rankings: First-round playoff matchups
Yankees' Derek Jeter out until after the All-Star break

Conor McGregor just forced Dana White's hand (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Thursday may have been Conor McGregor's greatest promotion ever. He won not just the court of public opinion but possibly forced Dana White to put him back on the UFC 200 card. read news >>

Conor McGregor just forced Dana White's hand (Yahoo Sports)

Making sense of Dana White's decision to pull Conor McGregor from UFC 200 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: There's no major rift between the UFC and its biggest male star, but if Conor McGregor is looking for a fight with Dana White, he shouldn't expect to win. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Conor McGregor being pulled from UFC 200 vs. Nate Diaz

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday night that featherweight champ Conor McGregor had been pulled from his UFC 200 main event rematch with Nate Diaz. See how social media reacted to the news. read news >>

UFC 197's battle of desperation (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Anthony Pettis desperately needs a victory over Edson Barboza; Edson Barboza desperately needs a victory over Anthony Pettis. Something's gotta give. read news >>

UFC 197's battle of desperation (Yahoo Sports)

Dana White Discusses Conor McGregor Retirement Tweet, Notorious' Future, UFC 200

UFC president Dana White believes featherweight champion Conor McGregor isn’t retiring and will fight again for the organisation in the next year, and he said the decision to pull the Irishman from t read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor calls me now, the fight with Nate Diaz is back on

UFC President Dana White says UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor can still change his mind and fight at UFC 200. But there’s one thing White isn’t budging on: McGregor needs to promote.Filed unde read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor is Retired, Then Aldo vs. Edgar is for the Belt

UFC president Dana White doesn't think that featherweight champion Conor McGregor is truly retired, but he prepared to move on and crown a new champion. read news >>