UFC President Dana White (file photo) says Nate Marquardt is done in the UFC.


Following Saturday’s news that Nate Marquardt was forced from Sunday’s UFC Live 4 card just prior to the event’s official weigh-ins, UFC President Dana White posted a video on his verified Twitter account stating that the one-time middleweight title challenger will be released from the Las Vegas-based promotion.

“He failed his medicals,” said White. “Not only is he out of this fight, and out of the main event on Versus, he will no longer be with the UFC.”

Marquardt, 32, was slated to make his UFC welterweight debut and headline the event against Rick Story before he was pulled for the card due to unknown medical issues. Story will now face AMA Fight Club welterweight Charlie Brenneman. The bill, set to go down at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, will now feature a main event pitting Patrick Barry against fellow kickboxer Cheick Kongo.

The Grudge Training Center product was 10-4 with the UFC, and challenged Anderson Silva for the promotion’s middleweight crown in July 2007. Marquardt was stopped in the first round by punches.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

UFC President Dana White Says Conor McGregor Tried to Bet $3 Million on Himself

  • 24 days ago
  • 32 views

Conor McGregor is confident ahead of his UFC 189 matchup against Chad Mendes on Saturday, July 11. Confident to the tune of $3 million, in fact. According to UFC President Dana White, McGregor made a read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor offered to bet us $3 million he'd knock out Chad Mendes

  • 24 days ago
  • 514 views

How confident is Conor McGregor in his finishing abilities? So much so, that the featherweight superstar was willing to bet his bosses seven figures on when he'd knock out Chad Mendes. McGregor has b read news >>

Video: Dan Hardy, John Gooden offer in-depth analysis of UFC 189's non-title bouts

  • 24 days ago
  • 4 views

Ahead of Saturday’s UFC 189 pay-per-view event in Las Vegas, go inside the main card for an in-depth breakdown of the pay-per-view broadcast’s three non-title fights. Former UFC welterweight title ch read news >>

NOS Fight Breakdown: Firas Zahabi breaks down Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor

  • 25 days ago
  • 163 views

How does Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 189 headliner play out? With the help of NOS, we caught up with famed trainer Firas Zahabi to break it down.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Vide read news >>

Matt Serra, Dana White, & Nick 'The Tooth' Gallo working on new reality show

  • 25 days ago
  • 22 views

No it's not another season of the Ultimate Fighter, but Dana White is getting another reality show together, this one with former WW champ Matt Serra and longtime friend Nick 'The Tooth' Gallo. Rumor read news >>

Dana White expects UFC 189 to set U.S. gate record with $7 million in ticket sales on July 11

  • 26 days ago
  • 23 views

"Notorious" power? No Jose Aldo? No problem!. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is still very confident that the upcoming UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event set for July 11, 201 read news >>

Reminder: 'Countdown to UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor' debuts tonight

  • 26 days ago
  • 66 views

We’re now in the homestretch for Saturday’s big pay-per-view event, and we can preview it tonight with the debut of “Countdown to UFC 189.”Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Chael Sonnen to UFC fighters: Feel free to do Dana White's job for him

  • 27 days ago
  • 472 views

Listen up, fighters. Chael Sonnen has been watching you, and he’s not impressed by your performances. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White gushes over Joanna Jedrzejczyk, details her 'f**king crazy' first meeting with Ronda Rousey

  • 27 days ago
  • 1212 views

UFC's president was in New York City earlier this week to unveil Reebok's "Fight Kit," after which he shared his admiration for women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk, revealing his plan to read news >>

Marcio Alexandre Jr. out of TUF 21 Finale bout with George Sullivan

  • 28 days ago
  • 2 views

Welterweight Marcio Alexandre Jr. has been forced out of his bout with George Sullivan at The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>