Brock Lesnar at UFC 116
Brock Lesnar’s return to the WWE may not have been a shock to many MMA fans knowing his history with the sports entertainment company, but it was still somewhat of a surprise given the timing, just over three months after his exit from the UFC.

Lesnar lost in his last ever MMA match, being finished by Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December, and afterwards the former UFC champion promptly announced his retirement from the sport.

At the time when the question was brought up to UFC President Dana White, he seemed to shy away from saying whether or not Lesnar would get his blessing to return to pro wrestling.

“I mean, when he retires, he retires under contract,” White said after UFC 141. “I’ve had my moments with Brock Lesnar, but I’ve had a great relationship with him. We’ll figure it out, no big deal. Never had a situation with a guy where we haven’t done the right thing.”

It looks like the right thing was to allow Lesnar to pursue his athletic career by going back to the WWE in come capacity.

On Tuesday, the UFC’s head honcho responded to Lesnar’s WWE return via Twitter and obviously he was adamant in his feelings about the former champion heading back to Vince McMahon’s company.

“Crowd went nuts,” White said about the Miami fans when Lesnar appeared at the show. “I’m happy for him.”

Following Lesnar’s last fight in the UFC and his announcement about retirement, White said that he believed the former Minnesota wrestler was done with MMA for good.

“This isn’t baseball man, half in, half out, you can go out and party the night before and then play a game. These guys have to be 100-percent into this mentally, physically, emotionally,” White stated.

“Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life’. He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire’.”

Lesnar’s health appears to still be in tact and that has to be seen as the best news of all regarding his return to action in the WWE.

Obviously, White seems legitimately happy for the former champion as he embarks on his return to pro wrestling.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Watch Brock Lesnar Get Ragdolled by Bill Goldberg at WWE Survivor Series | MMAWeekly.com

Brock Lesnar got owned at WWE Survivor Series. read news >>

Tim Kennedy Calls Out Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort, and... Brock Lesnar? | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Kennedy took to Twitter to find a new UFC 206 opponent, even calling out the recently Goldberg-impaled Brock Lesnar! read news >>

Conor McGregor's Agent Comments on UFC Fighter Possibly Joining WWE

Conor McGregor is arguably the biggest star in the UFC, but he will continue looking for other ways to spend his time. According to his agent, Audie Attar, McGregor will consider joining WWE if he is read news >>

McGregorMania: 5 Potential WWE Opponents For Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

So Conor McGregor's people would entertain WWE offers? Well let's book him some matches, shall we? read news >>

Episode No. 11 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 24: Tournament of Champions'

Episode No. 11 of “The Ultimate Fighter 24: Tournament of Champions” opens with UFC President Dana White discussing the semifinal round, which starts with a matchup between No. 1 Alexandre Pantoja of read news >>

Victory FC 53 results: Raufeon Stots takes decision over Jeff Curran, who retires following loss

Jeff Curran returned to the cage for the first time since March 2015 to face Raufeon Stots at Victory FC 53. Stots did not provide a warm welcome back to the cage.Filed under: News read news >>

Dana White: Thankful for the Fertitta Brothers | MMAWeekly.com

No one will ever do more for the world of mixed martial arts than the Fertitta brothers, at least, not in the eyes of UFC president Dana White. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Melbourne Weigh-in Video Replay | MMAWeekly.com

The 26 fighters competing on Saturday's UFC Fight Night card in Melbourne, Australia, officially weighed in on Friday. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Conor McGregor Relinquishing Featherweight Belt

Conor McGregor made history at UFC 205 when he became a two-division champion by virtue of his lightweight title victory over Eddie Alvarez, but he relinquished his featherweight belt on Nov. 26. On read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale Weigh-In Replay | MMAWeekly.com

The 24 fighters competing on Saturday's The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale fight card at the Palms Casino Resort officially weighed in on Friday in Las Vegas. read news >>