Brock Lesnar at UFC 116
Brock Lesnar’s return to the WWE may not have been a shock to many MMA fans knowing his history with the sports entertainment company, but it was still somewhat of a surprise given the timing, just over three months after his exit from the UFC.

Lesnar lost in his last ever MMA match, being finished by Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December, and afterwards the former UFC champion promptly announced his retirement from the sport.

At the time when the question was brought up to UFC President Dana White, he seemed to shy away from saying whether or not Lesnar would get his blessing to return to pro wrestling.

“I mean, when he retires, he retires under contract,” White said after UFC 141. “I’ve had my moments with Brock Lesnar, but I’ve had a great relationship with him. We’ll figure it out, no big deal. Never had a situation with a guy where we haven’t done the right thing.”

It looks like the right thing was to allow Lesnar to pursue his athletic career by going back to the WWE in come capacity.

On Tuesday, the UFC’s head honcho responded to Lesnar’s WWE return via Twitter and obviously he was adamant in his feelings about the former champion heading back to Vince McMahon’s company.

“Crowd went nuts,” White said about the Miami fans when Lesnar appeared at the show. “I’m happy for him.”

Following Lesnar’s last fight in the UFC and his announcement about retirement, White said that he believed the former Minnesota wrestler was done with MMA for good.

“This isn’t baseball man, half in, half out, you can go out and party the night before and then play a game. These guys have to be 100-percent into this mentally, physically, emotionally,” White stated.

“Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life’. He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire’.”

Lesnar’s health appears to still be in tact and that has to be seen as the best news of all regarding his return to action in the WWE.

Obviously, White seems legitimately happy for the former champion as he embarks on his return to pro wrestling.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Dana White Video: Brock Lesnar’s UFC 200 Return ‘Doesn’t Suck’

TMZ Sports caught up with UFC president Dana White, who said that Brock Lesnar's UFC 200 return "doesn't suck." read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

• 1986 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Brock Lesnar announces return at UFC 200

Former UFC heavyweight champion and current WWE superstar Brock Lesnar went on ESPN's SportsCenter to announce his return to the Octagon at UFC 200 on July 9, 2016 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. read news >>

WWE Confirms Brock Lesnar Still Under Contract, Despite UFC 200 “One-Off Opportunity”

WWE on Saturday night confirmed that Brock Lesnar remains under contract, despite a "one-off" return to the Octagon at UFC 200. read news >>

Throwback Thursday Video: Brock Lesnar Compares Dana White to Vince McMahon

Prior to his UFC debut against Frank Mir at UFC 81, Brock Lesnar compared UFC president Dana White to his former WWE boss Vince McMahon. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Confirmed to Return at UFC 200

The rumors are no longer rumors, former heavyweight champion and WWE superstar Brock Lesnar is returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. read news >>

UFC Releases Trailer for UFC 200 Featuring Brock Lesnar's Return

Can you see him now? Brock Lesnar is coming back to the Octagon. The UFC aired its trailer for UFC 200 during the pay-per-view telecast of UFC 199 on Saturday, revealing The Beast Incarnate's return, read news >>

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Briefly Considered Transitioning to MMA

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is an A-list celebrity, transitioning brilliantly from WWE professional wrestler to Hollywood action star, but that transition wasn't instantaneous. After he officially ende read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: Brock Lesnar’s Return and USADA Drug Testing Rules

Chael Sonnen discusses former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar's UFC 200 return and USAD drug testing rules during the latest edition of "Beyond the Fight." read news >>

Dana White on Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return: ‘She’ll Be Back’

As days pass since her last fight in November 2015, one can’t help but wonder if Ronda Rousey is ever coming back to the UFC. Dana White has your answer. read news >>