Brock Lesnar at UFC 116
Brock Lesnar’s return to the WWE may not have been a shock to many MMA fans knowing his history with the sports entertainment company, but it was still somewhat of a surprise given the timing, just over three months after his exit from the UFC.

Lesnar lost in his last ever MMA match, being finished by Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December, and afterwards the former UFC champion promptly announced his retirement from the sport.

At the time when the question was brought up to UFC President Dana White, he seemed to shy away from saying whether or not Lesnar would get his blessing to return to pro wrestling.

“I mean, when he retires, he retires under contract,” White said after UFC 141. “I’ve had my moments with Brock Lesnar, but I’ve had a great relationship with him. We’ll figure it out, no big deal. Never had a situation with a guy where we haven’t done the right thing.”

It looks like the right thing was to allow Lesnar to pursue his athletic career by going back to the WWE in come capacity.

On Tuesday, the UFC’s head honcho responded to Lesnar’s WWE return via Twitter and obviously he was adamant in his feelings about the former champion heading back to Vince McMahon’s company.

“Crowd went nuts,” White said about the Miami fans when Lesnar appeared at the show. “I’m happy for him.”

Following Lesnar’s last fight in the UFC and his announcement about retirement, White said that he believed the former Minnesota wrestler was done with MMA for good.

“This isn’t baseball man, half in, half out, you can go out and party the night before and then play a game. These guys have to be 100-percent into this mentally, physically, emotionally,” White stated.

“Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life’. He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire’.”

Lesnar’s health appears to still be in tact and that has to be seen as the best news of all regarding his return to action in the WWE.

Obviously, White seems legitimately happy for the former champion as he embarks on his return to pro wrestling.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

VIDEO: Conor McGregor Says Brock Lesnar Juiced to Eyeballs; Not Much Respect for WWE Guys

Asked if he was interested in cross promotion with WWE, Conor McGregor spoke his mind about how pro wrestling is show business, while he's in the fight business. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Refuses to Rule Out UFC Return

Though he's currently embroiled in trouble resulting from positive drug tests, WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar hasn't written off a possible return to the Octagon. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Comments on Potential Return to UFC

WWE superstar Brock Lesnar acknowledged the possibility of one day returning to the UFC to resume his MMA career. "There will be a day, maybe, that they might see me back in the Octagon," Lesnar told read news >>

SummerSlam 2016 Results and Highlights: Brock Lesnar Legitimately Destroys Randy Orton

In a bizarre moment even for the WWE, Brock Lesnar defeated Randy Orton by TKO. It was a brutal finish that appeared to be a legitimate display of violence at SummerSlam 2016. read news >>

Dana White Discusses Doing Business with Vince McMahon

• 19 hours ago

UFC President Dana White and WWE chairman Vince McMahon haven't always seen eye to eye, but White made it clear recently that he has a great deal of respect for the professional wrestling power playe read news >>

Dana White Video: Weighing in on Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, and Georges St-Pierre

• 18 hours ago

Watch as Dana White talks about what's next for Conor McGregor, when and how monumental Ronda Rousey's return will be, his thoughts on Georges St-Pierre, and more. read news >>

When Ronda Rousey Returns, It’s Going to Be Biggest UFC Pay-Per-View Ever

• 15 hours ago

UFC president Dana White said that when Ronda Rousey returns, it will be the biggest pay-per-view event in company history. read news >>

UFC on Fox: Maia vs. Condit Weigh-In Video Replay

• 14 hours ago

The 22 fighters competing on Saturday's UFC on Fox: Maia vs. Condit fight card in Vancouver officially weighed in on Friday at Rogers Arena. read news >>

Bellator MMA Officially Announces Signing of Rory MacDonald

• 9 hours ago

The news leaked out earlier this week, but Bellator MMA made it official on Friday during the Bellator 160 broadcast. The fight promotion has inked a deal with welterweight Rory MacDonald. read news >>

McGregor vs. Diaz 3: Dana White Comments on Potential Rematch in TMZ Interview

UFC President Dana White has said there will be no trilogy of fights between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz after noting he's "moving on." Both fighters expressed an interest in a third match after McG read news >>