Brock Lesnar at UFC 116
Brock Lesnar’s return to the WWE may not have been a shock to many MMA fans knowing his history with the sports entertainment company, but it was still somewhat of a surprise given the timing, just over three months after his exit from the UFC.

Lesnar lost in his last ever MMA match, being finished by Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December, and afterwards the former UFC champion promptly announced his retirement from the sport.

At the time when the question was brought up to UFC President Dana White, he seemed to shy away from saying whether or not Lesnar would get his blessing to return to pro wrestling.

“I mean, when he retires, he retires under contract,” White said after UFC 141. “I’ve had my moments with Brock Lesnar, but I’ve had a great relationship with him. We’ll figure it out, no big deal. Never had a situation with a guy where we haven’t done the right thing.”

It looks like the right thing was to allow Lesnar to pursue his athletic career by going back to the WWE in come capacity.

On Tuesday, the UFC’s head honcho responded to Lesnar’s WWE return via Twitter and obviously he was adamant in his feelings about the former champion heading back to Vince McMahon’s company.

“Crowd went nuts,” White said about the Miami fans when Lesnar appeared at the show. “I’m happy for him.”

Following Lesnar’s last fight in the UFC and his announcement about retirement, White said that he believed the former Minnesota wrestler was done with MMA for good.

“This isn’t baseball man, half in, half out, you can go out and party the night before and then play a game. These guys have to be 100-percent into this mentally, physically, emotionally,” White stated.

“Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life’. He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire’.”

Lesnar’s health appears to still be in tact and that has to be seen as the best news of all regarding his return to action in the WWE.

Obviously, White seems legitimately happy for the former champion as he embarks on his return to pro wrestling.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Will ex-WWE star CM Punk get a second UFC fight? 'Probably not,' Dana White says

It’s looking more and more like Phil “CM Punk” Brooks’ UFC career will be a one-and-done scenario.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Former UFC champ Georges St-Pierre officially ruled out of UFC 206 in Toronto

For anyone still holding out hope former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre will be added to December’s UFC 206 lineup in Toronto, UFC President Dana White has some disappointing news.Filed read news >>

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Nick Diaz 'wants to fight' and is 'ready to go,' says UFC boss Dana White

Nick Diaz could soon be on his way back to the octagon after nearly two years away, according to UFC President Dana White.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

White fires back at critics saying Ronda Rousey doesn't deserve title shot

Dana White says Ronda Rousey deserves a shot at Amanda Nunes read news >>

Michael Bisping rips Brock Lesnar in expletive filled rant

Michael Bisping isn't exactly a fan of Brock Lesnar read news >>

Dana White: Nick Diaz ready to fight again

Nick Diaz could be back in the Octagon soon. read news >>

UFC Sacramento: Colby Covington Takes On Bryan Barberena

UFC Sacramento will feature the "Prospect Killer" Bryan Barberena taking on talented wrestler Colby Covington.The UFC officially announced the addition on their website.Out of the four figh read news >>

UFC 207: Adam Milstead Wants in and He Will Fight Anybody

UFC heavyweight Adam "The Prototype" Milstead has taken to Twitterasking Dana White for fight on UFC 207.Milstead (8-1) is currently riding an eight-fight winning streak and is coming off a read news >>

UFC: Dana White Says Nick Diaz is Ready to Fight Again

Nick Diaz who is one of the most beloved fighters in UFC and mixed martial arts history is ready to resume his fighting career.According to UFC president Dana White, Nick Diaz is ready to fight after read news >>