Brock Lesnar at UFC 116
Brock Lesnar’s return to the WWE may not have been a shock to many MMA fans knowing his history with the sports entertainment company, but it was still somewhat of a surprise given the timing, just over three months after his exit from the UFC.

Lesnar lost in his last ever MMA match, being finished by Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December, and afterwards the former UFC champion promptly announced his retirement from the sport.

At the time when the question was brought up to UFC President Dana White, he seemed to shy away from saying whether or not Lesnar would get his blessing to return to pro wrestling.

“I mean, when he retires, he retires under contract,” White said after UFC 141. “I’ve had my moments with Brock Lesnar, but I’ve had a great relationship with him. We’ll figure it out, no big deal. Never had a situation with a guy where we haven’t done the right thing.”

It looks like the right thing was to allow Lesnar to pursue his athletic career by going back to the WWE in come capacity.

On Tuesday, the UFC’s head honcho responded to Lesnar’s WWE return via Twitter and obviously he was adamant in his feelings about the former champion heading back to Vince McMahon’s company.

“Crowd went nuts,” White said about the Miami fans when Lesnar appeared at the show. “I’m happy for him.”

Following Lesnar’s last fight in the UFC and his announcement about retirement, White said that he believed the former Minnesota wrestler was done with MMA for good.

“This isn’t baseball man, half in, half out, you can go out and party the night before and then play a game. These guys have to be 100-percent into this mentally, physically, emotionally,” White stated.

“Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life’. He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire’.”

Lesnar’s health appears to still be in tact and that has to be seen as the best news of all regarding his return to action in the WWE.

Obviously, White seems legitimately happy for the former champion as he embarks on his return to pro wrestling.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 200 Video: Is Brock Lesnar Repping Canada at UFC 200 to Make a Political Statement?

Is former UFC champion and current WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar making a political statement by choosing to represent Canada at UFC 200? read news >>

Brock Lesnar Comments on Steroid Allegations, WWE and More

Brock Lesnar is slated to make his return to the Octagon at UFC 200 in a July 9 bout against Mark Hunt, but he has been faced with steroid allegations of late from Hunt himself. Lesnar did his best t read news >>

Brock Lesnar Comments on Steroid Allegations, WWE and More

Brock Lesnar will return to the Octagon at UFC 200 in a July 9 bout against Mark Hunt, but steroid allegations have cropped up of late, including from Hunt himself. Lesnar did his best to downplay th read news >>

From WWE to UFC: 10 Moments That Made Brock Lesnar the Beast Incarnate

Brock Lesnar has been in the spotlight for 14 years now. He's won championships, he's broken streaks, he's conquered opponents, he's dominated foes and he's battled back from adversity. Now, after fo read news >>

Brock Lesnar: WWE vs MMA Training ‘Not Even on the Same Planet’ (Audio)

Brock Lesnar was recently asked to compare the conditioning needed for WWE versus MMA and said that there was no comparison. read news >>

UFC 200: A Look Back at Brock Lesnar's First UFC Run

After a hiatus of over four-and-a-half years, WWE superstar Brock Lesnar is coming back to MMA this weekend at UFC 200. Facing off against Mark "Super Samoan" Hunt (12-10-1), the fight briefly headli read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Mark Hunt Will Beat Brock Lesnar, It’s a Lock!

Chael Sonnen weighs in on WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar's return to the Octagon at UFC 200. He's facing Top 10 heavyweight Mark Hunt, and Lesnar will lose! read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Can You See Brock Lesnar Now! Fighters Reach on Twitter

Brock Lesnar returned to the Octagon at UFC 200. His style may not have been exciting, but it got the job done. And all the other fighters can see him now. read news >>

UFC 200 Embedded, Episode 3: Brock Lesnar Arrives!

On Episode 3 of UFC 200 Embedded, WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar arrives in Las Vegas for UFC 200. read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Brock Lesnar Gets the Job Done Against Mark Hunt

Former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar returned to the Octagon at UFC 200 on Saturday, taking on Mark Hunt in the UFC 200 co-main event at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. read news >>