Dan HendersonIn the world of competition there’s always going to be a favorite and an underdog.

Heading into UFC 151, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is the favorite in his bout against former Strikeforce and Pride champion Dan Henderson, and deservedly so. Rarely does a champion not go into a title defense as the favorite, but lately it seems like Dan Henderson has become almost an afterthought.

Questions continue to fly at Jones about a move to heavyweight or his thoughts on facing Lyoto Machida next. While the champion constantly tries to move the conversation back to Henderson, it seems just about everybody else is convinced he’s going to win and then it’s on to the next one.

The chatter and talk doesn’t bother Henderson. It’s not the first time he hasn’t been expected to win. The great thing about every situation in MMA, however, is that it gets settled in the cage, not by the pre-fight interviews.

“I’m sure I’ve been overlooked and it doesn’t bother me, and I don’t mind at all. I know that I have a date to fight him and I’m going to make the best of it,” Henderson said in an interview with MMAWeekly Radio.

Since coming to the UFC in 2008, Jones has looked virtually unstoppable. The UFC’s reigning champion has barely been touched by any opponent, and since capturing the title in 2011, he’s looked like the best fighter MMA has seen since Anderson Silva.

The fact is, however, every fighter is capable of losing. Every fighter has a weakness; the key is finding the right opening to exploit it. Henderson believes he’s seen enough footage by now to know just how to beat Jones in the Octagon.

“There’s a number of things that I think I can capitalize on, but again it’s a matter of me making sure I stick to my game plan and fighting my fight,” said Henderson.

As far as game plans for his opponent, Henderson has heard Jones talk a lot about being the aggressive fighter on the feet and looking for the knockout. While Henderson invites that kind of strategy, there’s not much belief that Jones will actually go out and try to strike with him when they actually meet in the cage.

“I would definitely like for him to come out and try to knock me out, because I wouldn’t have to chase him around that way, but I’m pretty sure he’s going to come out and try to take me down. He’s going to want to try and put me on my back, try to get me tired doing that,” Henderson stated.

As invincible as Jones has looked, the one part of his game that hardly anyone has seen is his ability to get out of bad situations, and how he reacts to being hurt or in serious trouble during a fight.

Henderson plans on testing out all of those things at UFC 151.

“Maybe he can take a pretty good punch, maybe he bounces back after getting beat up for a little while, who knows,” said Henderson. “I’m definitely planning on seeing what he really is made of.”

For more news and rumors follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Phil Davis hopes former UFC rival Jon Jones 'gets cleaned up and back to action'

Phil Davis has said plenty about former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones over the years, and not much of it has been positive. But that’s not currently the case.Filed under: Bellator, News, U read news >>

Daniel Cormier Needs Jon Jones to Make Career Complete (Video)

UFC champion Daniel Cormier has accomplished much in his career, but needs banished former champion Jon Jones to return to make his career complete. read news >>

UFC Full Fight Flashback: Daniel Cormier Manhandles Dan Henderson

Unbeaten at the time, Daniel Cormier faced light heavyweight legend Dan Henderson at UFC 173 and got the finish. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson full fight video

Watch Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson full fight video to see Cormier's impressive submission win over Henderson at UFC 173. Cormier earned a title shot with the win, and he lost to Jon Jones at UFC read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson Fires Back at Daniel Cormier Over Jon Jones Comment

UFC champ Daniel Cormier is tired of hearing about how Alexander Gustafsson almost beat Jon Jones. Well, so is Alexander Gustafsson. read news >>

Phil Davis on Jon Jones: 'I really can't poke fun at him, where he is at right now'

"Mr. Wonderful" may have said things about Jon Jones in the past, but he's not going to kick a man when he's down. Phil Davis and Jon Jones each fired verbal barbs at one another through the media ov read news >>

Daniel Cormier mocks Alexander Gustafsson, wants Jon Jones back

The UFC light-heavyweight champion wants to "stop playing around" with other fighters and face his biggest foe again. UFC light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and his predecessor Jon Jones are a read news >>

Daniel Cormier: I need to fight Jon Jones instead of playing around with these other light heavyweights

Reigning 205-pound champion Daniel Cormier wants Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to stop wasting his time with these other light heavyweights and give him the one fight he needs for his mixed ma read news >>

Daniel Cormier: I need Jon Jones back, so I can 'stop playing around with these guys'

LAS VEGAS -- Daniel Cormier said after winning the UFC light heavyweight title over Anthony Johnson four months ago that he would be fine if Jon Jones never came back and tried to regain the belt. Co read news >>

Video: Watch Daniel Cormier earn a title shot with a 2014 win over Dan Henderson

It was the fight that set up an eventual title shot and one of the biggest grudge matches in MMA history, but for Daniel Cormier, his 2014 bout with Dan Henderson had the potential for disaster.Filed read news >>