Dan Henderson UFC 157 Pre 7The last time Dan Henderson met Vitor Belfort, the two fought in a ring under the Pride FC banner. Henderson won that fight, grabbing a unanimous decision.

From what “Hendo” remembers from the contest, he was on the winning end from bell to bell. The one thing he wishes he could have done better in that match is finish it before time ran out.

Being better now than he was back then, Henderson will look to finally get that finish on Saturday.

“It was a good fight. I just felt like I controlled and dominated the whole fight, but I didn’t finish him,” Henderson told reporters this week in Brazil. “That’s one thing I want to try and do: not leave it up to the judges this fight.

“I can’t say any one thing has changed, I’m just a better fighter … I’d kick my own ass from back then.”

Since the fight, both Henderson and Belfort have gone on to compete in different promotions and win match-ups in various countries. But since 2011, the two have called the UFC their home and now they’ll meet again, this time in the main event at UFC Fight Night 32.

When breaking down his opponent, Henderson noted the two recent wins on the Brazilian fighter’s record – knockouts stemming from head kicks. The two finishes Belfort collected in his most recent outings tells Henderson that someone’s been stepping up his game in the striking department.

“He’s improved a lot on his striking as well,” Henderson said of Belfort. “He moves his feet better than he used to. He moves his head and is more patient. And as we’ve seen in his last couple fights, he’s throwing some head kicks now.”

It will be a kind of homecoming for Henderson, even though Belfort will be the native son when the two fight in Brazil on Saturday night. Over 16 years ago, Henderson competed in his first two MMA fights in the South American country. UFC Fight Night 32 will be the first time he’s competed in Brazil since 1997.

With his career in its teenage years, Henderson is hoping he’ll have some fans in Saturday’s stands that remember his first Brazilian go-around.

“I was excited when they told me I was going to be fighting in Brazil again,” he said. “I had my first fights down here and haven’t been back since. Hopefully I have a couple Brazilian fans in the stands.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

UFC 198 Countdown Video: Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort

Go inside the training camps of middleweight contenders as they prepare for UFC 198. Vitor Belfort and Jacare Souza fight for a possible title shot. read news >>

UFC 198: Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort, a Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC 198 plays host to a heavyweight title tilt on Saturday, May 14, but that isn't the only big fight on the incredible card. Bleacher Report's No. 3-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza takes read news >>

Belfort living the dream decades into career

Almost 20 years since his Octagon debut, Vitor Belfort is showing no signs of slowing in search of ufc glory read news >>

UFC 198 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Jacare Souza

With possible title shot implications, the fight between Jacare Souza and Vitor Belfort will be an all out war. Hear UFC commentator Joe Rogan's take on the bout. read news >>

Ronaldo Souza vs. Vitor Belfort Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza put himself back into title contention at UFC 198 with a first-round technical-knockout win over Vitor Belfort in the co-main event in Brazil on Saturday. MMAFighting.com provi read news >>

UFC 198 Results: Jacare Souza Dominates Vitor Belfort, Calls for Title Shot

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza dominated Vitor Belfort in the UFC 198 co-main event on Saturday and called for a title shot following the one-sided TKO win. read news >>

UFC 198 Video Highlights: Vitor Belfort vs. Jacare Souza

Watch the video highlights from the UFC 198 co-main event between middleweight contenders Vitor Belfort and Jacare Souza. The two Brazilians fought for a potential title shot. read news >>