Dan Henderson UFC 157 Pre 7-478x270Dan Henderson felt he did enough to get the decision nod against Lyoto Machida in the co-main event of UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche on Saturday.  Ultimately, he lost to Machida by split decision.

“In my mind, I thought I did enough to win the fight, but it was my fault.  I don’t place the blame on the judges.  I should have been a little bit more aggressive.  I let him fight his fight a little too much,” said Henderson during the post-fight press conference.

Machida frustrated Henderson with his counter-punch style and elusive movement.   The fight didn’t play out as Henderson envisioned.

“I apologize for that.  Normally that’s not my type of fight, a little bit boring.  He did a good job moving around and was real hard to hit.  I needed to stay in his face and cut him off a little bit better and make him fight.  He did a good job not fighting, just picking and choosing when he threw some strikes,” said Henderson.

“He did a good job moving and I shouldn’t have let the judges decide that fight.”

The frustrating loss only serves as motivation. Henderson wants to stay active throughout 2013 and believes he has more to accomplish in the sport.

“Obviously, I’m bummed out.  I wasn’t planning on losing, and I’m not by any means done.  I still have goals that I want to reach in this sport.  I want to fight as soon as I can.  I’m ready to go in June or July.  I didn’t have the best last few months, but I feel a lot better now and I want to be real active this next year.  That much time off is never good.  I don’t want that to happen again.  I’m getting a little old,” he said.

Henderson is 42 years old and the window of opportunity to cap off his already Hall of Fame worthy career with a UFC title is quickly closing.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi in the Works for UFC 204

With Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson targeted as the UFC 204 headliner, a marquee match-up between Vitor Belfort and Gegard Mousasi is also in the works. read news >>

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

Chinzo Machida Makes Promotional Debut at Bellator 160

Chinzo Machida, brother of former UFC champion Lyoto Machida, will make his promotional debut at “Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull.” read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Video Replay

The headliners of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, fielded questions from the media on Friday in Las Vegas. read news >>

Dan Henderson to Retire After UFC 204: Latest Comments and Reaction

UFC's Dan Henderson announced Friday that his fight against Michael Bisping at UFC 204 on Oct. 8 will be the final one of his career, via ESPN.com's Arash Markazi. Henderson is 32-14 in his career an read news >>