Dan Henderson UFC 157 Pre 7-478x270Dan Henderson felt he did enough to get the decision nod against Lyoto Machida in the co-main event of UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche on Saturday.  Ultimately, he lost to Machida by split decision.

“In my mind, I thought I did enough to win the fight, but it was my fault.  I don’t place the blame on the judges.  I should have been a little bit more aggressive.  I let him fight his fight a little too much,” said Henderson during the post-fight press conference.

Machida frustrated Henderson with his counter-punch style and elusive movement.   The fight didn’t play out as Henderson envisioned.

“I apologize for that.  Normally that’s not my type of fight, a little bit boring.  He did a good job moving around and was real hard to hit.  I needed to stay in his face and cut him off a little bit better and make him fight.  He did a good job not fighting, just picking and choosing when he threw some strikes,” said Henderson.

“He did a good job moving and I shouldn’t have let the judges decide that fight.”

The frustrating loss only serves as motivation. Henderson wants to stay active throughout 2013 and believes he has more to accomplish in the sport.

“Obviously, I’m bummed out.  I wasn’t planning on losing, and I’m not by any means done.  I still have goals that I want to reach in this sport.  I want to fight as soon as I can.  I’m ready to go in June or July.  I didn’t have the best last few months, but I feel a lot better now and I want to be real active this next year.  That much time off is never good.  I don’t want that to happen again.  I’m getting a little old,” he said.

Henderson is 42 years old and the window of opportunity to cap off his already Hall of Fame worthy career with a UFC title is quickly closing.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Dan Henderson: I Could Be Persuaded to Retire (UFC 199 Video)

At 45 years of age, Dan Henderson has been fielding questions about possibly retiring for several years. He now appears ready to entertain the idea. read news >>

Is UFC 199 the end of the line for Dan Henderson? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Hendo's contract is expiring and he's got plenty of options on the table. In his own words: 'This could actually be the last fight.' read news >>

Is UFC 199 the end of the line for Dan Henderson? (Yahoo Sports)

UFC 199 Results: Dan Henderson Knocks Out Hector Lombard in Round 2

Dan Henderson picked up an emphatic win at UFC 199, knocking out Hector Lombard in their main-card fight on Saturday night's pay-per-view in Inglewood, California. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

UFC 199 Video Highlights: Dan Henderson Returns from the Brink to KO Hector Lombard

Middleweight legend Dan Henderson took on the explosive Hector Lombard on Saturday on the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 main card. Check out the video highlights. read news >>

VIDEO: Dan Henderson Says UFC 199 May Have Been His Last Fight

MMA legend Dan Henderson discusses the possibility of retirement following his UFC 199 knockout win over Hector Lombard. read news >>

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Late last year, Brock Lesnar said he felt he got "robbed" by diverticulitis that cost him the prime of his UFC career. Now, as he prepares for a one-off return at UFC 200, Lesnar's ready to prove to read news >>

UFC 199 Fighter Salaries: Dan Henderson Pulls in $800,000 in Final Fight of Contract

Michael Bisping realized his dream on Saturday night, winning the middleweight championship at UFC 199, but Dan Henderson stood atop the payroll. read news >>

UFC 199: 6 Takeaways From a Night The Forum

UFC 199 turned out to be a night of surprises. Dan Henderson isn't done, but Urijah Faber might be. Luke Rockhold is not the next Anderson Silva. And, yes, Brock Lesnar is back. read news >>