Vitor Belfort vs Dan Henderson Pride 32Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort first fought at Pride 32 on Oct. 24, 2006 in a light heavyweight bout.  Henderson defeated Belfort that night via unanimous decision. The two are now slated to meet again at UFC Fight Night 32 on Nov. 9 in Brazil.

In the seven years since their first fight, both fighters have remained relevant in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions.  They’ve both competed for titles in the two weight classes, but came up short.

Henderson (29-10) has lost his last two outings and is determined to not lose three in a row.

“They’re all must-wins in my mind. Obviously, I don’t want to lose three in a row. I feel real confident about my training and my skills, and matching up well with Vitor,” Henderson recently told Fox Sports.

Henderson’s last two opponents, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans, didn’t engage in the type of fight Henderson is accustomed to.  There wasn’t the spirited exchanges Henderson likes, but he believes Belfort is the type of fighter that’s going to be willing to trade shots.

“I’m excited to go out there and fight somebody that’s gonna bang with me. Vitor’s been around a long time. He’s very dangerous and he’s very quick,” he said.  “Seems like he’s got some kicks now, so I guess that’s different than before. I’m excited to go out and fight him.”

At 43 years old, Henderson’s fighting career is winding down, but he feels like he’s got a couple more years in the game.

“I’ve got probably five or six fights (left),” he said when asked about retirement.

Henderson was scheduled to fight for the light heavyweight title against champion Jon Jones at UFC 151, but was forced out of the bout due to a knee injury and hasn’t been able to get back to the top contender status.  He’s not sure if he’ll be able to make another title run, but a win over Belfort would put him back in the title picture.

“We’ll see,” he said about another title run.  “I’m a little farther away from that than I’d like to be. I had two close fights that didn’t go my way, so I need to get right back in there.”

In the rematch, Henderson plans to take the fight to Belfort.

“Make him work hard, staying in his face. Make sure he knows he’s in a fight,” he said were his keys to victory.

“I’m excited to go out there and bang with him.”

Dan Henderson: I Could Be Persuaded to Retire (UFC 199 Video)

At 45 years of age, Dan Henderson has been fielding questions about possibly retiring for several years. He now appears ready to entertain the idea. read news >>

Can Luke Rockhold Be Anderson Silva's True Successor as Middleweight Kingpin?

Since losing his UFC debut to Vitor Belfort in May 2013, Luke Rockhold has been on a devastating run. He has finished all five of his opponents, three by submission and two with strikes, and only one read news >>

Is UFC 199 the end of the line for Dan Henderson? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Hendo's contract is expiring and he's got plenty of options on the table. In his own words: 'This could actually be the last fight.' read news >>

Is UFC 199 the end of the line for Dan Henderson? (Yahoo Sports)

UFC 199 Results: Dan Henderson Knocks Out Hector Lombard in Round 2

Dan Henderson picked up an emphatic win at UFC 199, knocking out Hector Lombard in their main-card fight on Saturday night's pay-per-view in Inglewood, California. read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

Dan Henderson (32-14) is known for his “H-Bomb” of a right hand, but at UFC 199 he brought out the “H-Bow” against Hector Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC). The two veteran middleweights went toe-to-toe in one read news >>

UFC 199 Video Highlights: Dan Henderson Returns from the Brink to KO Hector Lombard

Middleweight legend Dan Henderson took on the explosive Hector Lombard on Saturday on the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 main card. Check out the video highlights. read news >>

VIDEO: Dan Henderson Says UFC 199 May Have Been His Last Fight

MMA legend Dan Henderson discusses the possibility of retirement following his UFC 199 knockout win over Hector Lombard. read news >>

UFC 199 Fighter Salaries: Dan Henderson Pulls in $800,000 in Final Fight of Contract

Michael Bisping realized his dream on Saturday night, winning the middleweight championship at UFC 199, but Dan Henderson stood atop the payroll. read news >>

UFC 199: 6 Takeaways From a Night The Forum

UFC 199 turned out to be a night of surprises. Dan Henderson isn't done, but Urijah Faber might be. Luke Rockhold is not the next Anderson Silva. And, yes, Brock Lesnar is back. read news >>