Vitor Belfort vs Dan Henderson Pride 32Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort first fought at Pride 32 on Oct. 24, 2006 in a light heavyweight bout.  Henderson defeated Belfort that night via unanimous decision. The two are now slated to meet again at UFC Fight Night 32 on Nov. 9 in Brazil.

In the seven years since their first fight, both fighters have remained relevant in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions.  They’ve both competed for titles in the two weight classes, but came up short.

Henderson (29-10) has lost his last two outings and is determined to not lose three in a row.

“They’re all must-wins in my mind. Obviously, I don’t want to lose three in a row. I feel real confident about my training and my skills, and matching up well with Vitor,” Henderson recently told Fox Sports.

Henderson’s last two opponents, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans, didn’t engage in the type of fight Henderson is accustomed to.  There wasn’t the spirited exchanges Henderson likes, but he believes Belfort is the type of fighter that’s going to be willing to trade shots.

“I’m excited to go out there and fight somebody that’s gonna bang with me. Vitor’s been around a long time. He’s very dangerous and he’s very quick,” he said.  “Seems like he’s got some kicks now, so I guess that’s different than before. I’m excited to go out and fight him.”

At 43 years old, Henderson’s fighting career is winding down, but he feels like he’s got a couple more years in the game.

“I’ve got probably five or six fights (left),” he said when asked about retirement.

Henderson was scheduled to fight for the light heavyweight title against champion Jon Jones at UFC 151, but was forced out of the bout due to a knee injury and hasn’t been able to get back to the top contender status.  He’s not sure if he’ll be able to make another title run, but a win over Belfort would put him back in the title picture.

“We’ll see,” he said about another title run.  “I’m a little farther away from that than I’d like to be. I had two close fights that didn’t go my way, so I need to get right back in there.”

In the rematch, Henderson plans to take the fight to Belfort.

“Make him work hard, staying in his face. Make sure he knows he’s in a fight,” he said were his keys to victory.

“I’m excited to go out there and bang with him.”

From Around the Web

Video: Technique of the Week - How to do the Vitor Belfort Blitz

The latest Submission Radio Technique of the Week video cover former UFC champion Vitor Belfort’s blitz. read news >>

UFC adds Matt Mitrione vs Ben Rothwell, Dan Henderson vs Tim Boetsch to UFC Fight Night 68 on June 6 in New Orleans

It appears "Hendo" is not ready to hang them up just yet. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is ready for an enthralling pay-per-view (PPV) event tomorrow night (Sat., Feb. 28, 2015) as UFC 184 tak read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell added to UFC New Orleans

Not only is Dan Henderson not retiring, he's already got a new fight booked. The MMA legend will take on Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night: Cormier vs. Bader on June 6 in New Orleans, it was reported Fr read news >>

Rescheduled Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort being targeted for UFC 187 in May

The heavily anticipated UFC middleweight title fight between champ Chris Weidman and top contender Vitor Belfort that was supposed to take place next week appears to have a new home. read news >>

Vitor Belfort has no regrets about balking on UFC 184 fight: 'I'm the guy who has saved many events'

Vitor Belfort could have fought at UFC 184 after Chris Weidman went down with a rib injury. The UFC offered him a few opponents; Belfort's team countered with some of their own. At the end of the day read news >>

Vitor Belfort has 'saved many events,' feels no regret for turning down interim title fights at UFC 184

Vitor Belfort and his team knew fans and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) brass would not be pleased once it was revealed "The Phenom" turned down interim title fights at UFC 184 against Lyoto Ma read news >>

UFC 187's Vitor Belfort: 'I don’t read comments,' 'I don’t look too much at the media'

Barring yet another setback, the long-awaited UFC middleweight title fight between champion Chris Weidman and challenger Vitor Belfort will finally take place at UFC 187.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Chris Weidman on Vitor Belfort's drug tests: 'I hope there's seven more'

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman responded to Vitor Belfort's whining about getting drug tested more than him. read news >>

Vitor Belfort talks drug testing and the pros and cons of UFC-Reebok sponsorship

Last July, the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) granted longtime contender Vitor Belfort a license to challenge for Chris Weidman's UFC middleweight title. The decision was not without controversy, g read news >>