Vitor Belfort vs Dan Henderson Pride 32Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort first fought at Pride 32 on Oct. 24, 2006 in a light heavyweight bout.  Henderson defeated Belfort that night via unanimous decision. The two are now slated to meet again at UFC Fight Night 32 on Nov. 9 in Brazil.

In the seven years since their first fight, both fighters have remained relevant in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions.  They’ve both competed for titles in the two weight classes, but came up short.

Henderson (29-10) has lost his last two outings and is determined to not lose three in a row.

“They’re all must-wins in my mind. Obviously, I don’t want to lose three in a row. I feel real confident about my training and my skills, and matching up well with Vitor,” Henderson recently told Fox Sports.

Henderson’s last two opponents, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans, didn’t engage in the type of fight Henderson is accustomed to.  There wasn’t the spirited exchanges Henderson likes, but he believes Belfort is the type of fighter that’s going to be willing to trade shots.

“I’m excited to go out there and fight somebody that’s gonna bang with me. Vitor’s been around a long time. He’s very dangerous and he’s very quick,” he said.  “Seems like he’s got some kicks now, so I guess that’s different than before. I’m excited to go out and fight him.”

At 43 years old, Henderson’s fighting career is winding down, but he feels like he’s got a couple more years in the game.

“I’ve got probably five or six fights (left),” he said when asked about retirement.

Henderson was scheduled to fight for the light heavyweight title against champion Jon Jones at UFC 151, but was forced out of the bout due to a knee injury and hasn’t been able to get back to the top contender status.  He’s not sure if he’ll be able to make another title run, but a win over Belfort would put him back in the title picture.

“We’ll see,” he said about another title run.  “I’m a little farther away from that than I’d like to be. I had two close fights that didn’t go my way, so I need to get right back in there.”

In the rematch, Henderson plans to take the fight to Belfort.

“Make him work hard, staying in his face. Make sure he knows he’s in a fight,” he said were his keys to victory.

“I’m excited to go out there and bang with him.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

UFC 198 Countdown Video: Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort

Go inside the training camps of middleweight contenders as they prepare for UFC 198. Vitor Belfort and Jacare Souza fight for a possible title shot. read news >>

UFC 198: Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort, a Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC 198 plays host to a heavyweight title tilt on Saturday, May 14, but that isn't the only big fight on the incredible card. Bleacher Report's No. 3-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza takes read news >>

Belfort living the dream decades into career

Almost 20 years since his Octagon debut, Vitor Belfort is showing no signs of slowing in search of ufc glory read news >>

UFC 198 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Jacare Souza

With possible title shot implications, the fight between Jacare Souza and Vitor Belfort will be an all out war. Hear UFC commentator Joe Rogan's take on the bout. read news >>

Ronaldo Souza vs. Vitor Belfort Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza put himself back into title contention at UFC 198 with a first-round technical-knockout win over Vitor Belfort in the co-main event in Brazil on Saturday. MMAFighting.com provi read news >>

UFC 198 Results: Jacare Souza Dominates Vitor Belfort, Calls for Title Shot

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza dominated Vitor Belfort in the UFC 198 co-main event on Saturday and called for a title shot following the one-sided TKO win. read news >>

UFC 198 Video Highlights: Vitor Belfort vs. Jacare Souza

Watch the video highlights from the UFC 198 co-main event between middleweight contenders Vitor Belfort and Jacare Souza. The two Brazilians fought for a potential title shot. read news >>