When he got the offer to fight Anthony Johnson, D.J. Linderman didn’t hesitate to accept. He never does, though.

“My manager has problems with that,” Linderman said with a laugh Monday during an appearance on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’m the guy he calls with any fight and I’m like, ‘Yes.’ He’s like, ‘Take 15 seconds.’ I was like, ‘No, this is a name and this is something I’ve been waiting for, a big name like this.’ It’s going to stand me out in front of the world.”

Linderman meets Johnson on Saturday at the inaugural World Series of Fighting. The matchup is one of four main card bouts that will air live on NBC Sports Network. Prelims will be streamed live on Sherdog.com.

“This is the biggest fight for me mentally and physically,” Linderman said. “… It’s going to be definitely the toughest for sure. He has a lot of stuff to bring to the table as well as me.”

Of course, after accepting the bout, there was a moment when Linderman realized that he would be fighting an opponent who had considerable success in the UFC.

“It kind of kicked in once I got to my coach and was like, ‘Hey, coach. This is my opponent,’” Linderman said. “He looked at me and was like, ‘We’ve got some work to do.’”

Linderman didn’t disagree. His record is similar to Johnson’s, but Johnson has fought much better competition on a much bigger stage. That’s why Linderman sees the matchup as a huge opportunity, though.

“Especially them throwing me on a co-main event on their very first show and especially against Anthony Johnson, they want to see an extravagant show,” he said. “Not just a good show -- they want to see guys out there putting everything on the line, and that’s what I’m striving for. I’m going to give them everything I have.”

Linderman will enter the bout on a three-fight win streak. Johnson has also won three straight, including two in a row as a light heavyweight. The UFC veteran moved up to 205 pounds after struggling to make 170 and 185. He’s trying to work his way back to the Octagon, but Linderman will look to derail him Saturday in spectacular fashion.

“I’m going to come into this fight banging with him, exchanging, taking the war either on the feet or I’m going to take it to the ground, wherever I feel he’s weakest,” Linderman said. “He’s going to end up getting submitted. I can’t tell you how I’m going to do it, but it’s going to work out that way and he just better be prepared for it.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:19:44).

UFC Welterweight Class: Hot Mess or Hotter Than Ever After Woodley's Title Win?

It didn’t take the MMA world long to get comfortable with Robbie Lawler as UFC welterweight champion. Any initial doubts about the future of the 170-pound division without Georges St-Pierre quickly s read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Anthony Johnson – Warrior Code

Anthony Johnson sits down to talk about why he fights, his fighting style, recent success, and plans for the future. read news >>

UFC 202 Primer: Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira will collide in the co-main event of UFC 202 for a light heavyweight tilt carrying strong title implications. Both men are rebounding from abortive title runs, Tei read news >>

Making Anthony Johnson: Humble Rumble

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is notorious for his fierce knockout power. He's also one of the most humble fighters in the sport and takes on Glover Teixeira at UFC 202 in the co-main event on August 20. read news >>

Anthony Johnson Video: Stop Talking About Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones, I Have to Fight Glover

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has a big fight in front of him in the form of Glover Teixeira at UFC 202 on Aug. 20. If it's all the same with you, he'd really like it if everyone would quit asking him abo read news >>

Glover Teixeira Focused on Anthony Johnson, Doesn’t Really Care About Jon Jones (UFC 202 Video)

Glover Teixeira could be lined up for a title fight is he gets past Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, but all everyone wants to talk about is Jon Jones. read news >>

The Question: Does Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Point to Divisional Woes?

UFC 202 is on Saturday, and if you haven’t looked closely, you might have missed the fact that there are other fights on the card aside from Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor. You can understand how that read news >>

Anthony Johnson Full UFC 202 Open Workout Scrum Video

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson answered questions from the media following the UFC 202 open workouts. Hear what he had to say about the Diaz and McGregor bottle-throwing altercation. read news >>

Cody Garbrandt vs. Takeya Mizugaki Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

It didn’t take long, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to deny Cody Garbrandt of a UFC title shot at 135 pounds. Garbrandt (10-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) took the center of the cage right away during UF read news >>

Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

In a light heavyweight landscape without Jon Jones, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is the clear-cut No. 1 contender to Daniel Cormier's throne. That's the statement Johnson went about proving in the co-mai read news >>