fighter-djlindermanEntering his first fight of the year this Friday at Legacy FC 19, Bellator and WSOF veteran DJ Linderman looks to be the best version of himself to date.

“I’ve stuck more to the gym than I ever have,” said Linderman. “Coming into this fight I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been. I’m leaner and am supplementing now and it’s just been a better start to any other year that I’ve ever had.”

Linderman knows he has to be at his best as he takes on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace Robert Drysdale in a feature bout live on AXS TV from Dallas on the Legacy FC 19 card, and has thusly prepared for it.

“Going into fight a guy like Drysdale, I’ve been working on a lot of submission defense, submission offense, so I can mix it up with him. I’m not just going to be on the defensive end of it,” he said.

“I definitely think his main game plan is to get me in the clinch, tie me up and drag me to the ground. I don’t believe he has a chance on the feet. He’s got good striking, but it’s not great. I’m not saying I’m the world’s best striker, but having watched our fights, I feel I have the better end.”

Having more cage experience than his opponent, Linderman told MMAWeekly.com that he’s confident if the fight goes the full 15 minutes.

“I’ve been in five-round title fights twice in my career and came out on top,” he said. “I push harder now than I did then. I’m lighter and faster now, supplementing, and it’s been working great for me.”

Linderman knows his bout this Friday will be huge for determining his path for the rest of this year, as well as help him exorcize ghosts of his last bout in November.

“This fight is going to make or break 2013 for me,” Linderman said. “It’s either going to drop me down or put me in spots where people’s eyes are on me.

“I want to prove my fight with Anthony Johnson (in WSOF) was a fluke. That isn’t who I am and it doesn’t define me. I came in a little too relaxed (for that fight) and I know I won’t do that again in my career.”

Should he prove successful this Friday, Linderman’s eyes are solely focused on one thing – becoming a champion in his new promotion.

“This year I definitely want to own the Legacy title, either at heavyweight or 205 pounds,” he said. “I beat one of their contenders over there in Dale Mitchell, and now I’m facing one of their other top contenders in Robert Drysdale, and I believe it will put me in title contention if I win this.”

Legacy FC 45 heads to Tulsa on Sept. 11 with Todhunter vs. Smith headliner

Legacy FC is heading to Oklahoma on Sept. 11 for Legacy FC 45, and some familiar names are on the card.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Legacy Kickboxing 3 video: 'Toughman contest disguised as a kickboxing match'

Legacy FC has emerged as one of MMA’s most successful regional/national promotions. And as we saw on Friday night, its kickboxing division is putting together a track record of success.Filed under: A read news >>

Legacy FC 43 Results and Highlights: Six Fights, Six Finishes, and a New Champ

Legacy FC 43 took place on Friday in Hinckley, Minn., where Derrick Krantz defeated Brock Larson for the promotion's vacant welterweight championship. read news >>

Legacy FC 43 video highlights: Six fights, six finishes on main card

Once again, the fighters on a Legacy FC main card had highlight reels in mind on Friday night. Check out the video highlights from Legacy FC 43. Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured, Featured Videos, read news >>

Legacy FC 43 results: Derrick Krantz captures welterweight title with KO of Brock Larson

Derrick Krantz captured the vacant Legacy FC welterweight championship with a crushing left hook in the third round of Brock Larson in the main event of Legacy FC 43.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Leites sees Bisping as dangerous opponent, does not buy 'pillow hands' talk

Thales Leites doesn't feel like underestimating Michael Bisping's skills in Scotland, wants to make it six wins in a row to move further into the middleweight division. Still undefeated since his ret read news >>

Legacy FC 44 heads to Houston for Araujo vs. Morono

Legacy FC 44 will take the promotion back to Texas as the Houston Arena Theatre plays host to a card headlined by welterweights Valdir Araujo and Alex Morono.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 12

Join us here tonight for live coverage of episode 12 of The Ultimate Fighter as the latest season sees its conclusion. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. J read news >>

UFC 189 Embedded, Part 4 - McGregor's swordplay, Mendes holding his breath

Episode four of the UFC 189 Embedded series sees Chad Mendes studying some tape and working on his endurance, while Conor McGregor plays with some swords. UFC 189 Embedded is back with the fourth epi read news >>