A welterweight bout between Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (17-13) and Marius Zaromskis (13-4) has been penciled in for June 16's Strikeforce: Los Angeles event at the Nokia Theatre, MMA Fighting has learned from sources close to the fight.

Santos, the husband of Strikeforce's 145-pound champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, dropped a split decision to Joey Villasenor in his Strikeforce debut last June. That fight was contested at 185 pounds. Since then, he knocked out Daniel Zarate at Samurai Fight Combat 2 in December.

Meanwhile, Zaromskis, the current DREAM welterweight champion, lost a Strikeforce 170-pound bout to Nick Diaz in January. That loss snapped an impressive five-fight winning streak for "The Whitemare."

Zaromski's DREAM title will not be on the line in this particular fight.

Strikeforce: Los Angeles will mark the organization's first-ever midweek show. It will air on Showtime from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles in conjunction with the E3 Expo, a popular video game convention. Strikeforce is expected to have a large presence at the convention due its involvement in the upcoming EA Sports MMA video game, which will be released later this year.

Robbie Lawler vs. "Babalu" Sobral will headline the event. Bobby Lashley and KJ Noons have also been officially announced for the card , but their opponents are not known at this time.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

UFC on FOX 15 results: Luke Rockhold submits Lyoto Machida in dominant performance

  • 9 days ago
  • 4 views

NEWARK, N.J. – Former Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold made easy work of ex-champ Lyoto Machida, earning a submission midway through the second round after a dominant first frame.Filed under: Featu read news >>

Yoel Romero Drops Out of UFC on FOX 15, Chris Camozzi Steps In

  • 16 days ago
  • 3 views

An injury has forced the planned fight between Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Yoel Romero to be nixed for the second time this year. read news >>

UFC takes a shot at Bellator over 'Rampage' decision, says UFC 186 will proceed as planned

  • 20 days ago
  • 16 views

In a surprising move, the UFC said it won’t remove Quinton Jackson from this month’s UFC 186 – despite a court injunction against the fighter – and threatened “action” to “protect its rights.”Filed u read news >>

Benson Henderson willing to save UFC 186, issues open call for opponents

  • 20 days ago
  • 17 views

UFC 186 lost its planned co-headliner earlier today, but former champion Benson Henderson is willing to save the day.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Injured Ryan Ford says he's out of June's WSOF 21 headliner

  • 21 days ago
  • 0 views

June’s WSOF 21 event appears it’s lost one half of its planned headliner.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, WSOF read news >>

Melvin Guillard pulled from Friday's WSOF 20 co-headliner; Dugulubgov meets Montoya

  • 21 days ago
  • 1 views

Just four days from a planned bout with Ozzy Dugulubgov at WSOF 20, Melvin Guillard has been pulled from Friday’s fight card.Filed under: Featured, News, WSOF read news >>

Melvin Guillard pulled from WSOF 20, Ozzy Dugulubgov now meets Lucas Montoya

  • 21 days ago
  • 0 views

Just four days from a planned bout with Ozzy Dugulubgov at WSOF 20, Melvin Guillard has been pulled from Friday’s fight card by promotion officials.Filed under: Featured, News, WSOF read news >>

Report: Ronda Rousey's Wrestlemania appearance planned months in advance

  • 22 days ago
  • 6 views

UFC women's bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey's Wrestlemania appearance was reportedly planned months in advance. Ronda Rousey's appearance at last weekend's blockbuster Wrestlemania event seemed l read news >>

Following WrestleMania cameo, no more scheduled WWE appearances planned for Ronda Rousey

  • 26 days ago
  • 1 views

If you were expecting Ronda Rousey to be on WWE shows again, Ronda Rousey's agent has squashed the possibility for now. UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey surprised fans over the weekend read news >>