Cung Le facing Scott Smith in Strikeforce

Cung Le facing Scott Smith in Strikeforce

While it’s been a while since fans last saw Cung Le in action live, they can get a chance to check him out in his latest movie, Tekken, out on DVD and Blu-Ray on July 19.

In the adaptation of the popular video game franchise, Le plays Martial Law opposite fellow MMA fighter Roger Heurta, Luke Goss (Blade II, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army) and up-and-coming star John Foo (Batman Begins, Universal Soldier: Regeneration).

“Actually I almost didn’t do the movie because it was so close to my Frank Shamrock fight back in 2008,” Le told MMAWeekly.com. “I think it’s one of the better movies that’s been made from a video game. It’s got good action and I think that the director and producer did a good job.”

While things went smoothly for the most part behind the scenes, Le did end up on the wrong end of a fight scene accident.

“The lead actor, John Foo (portraying franchise hero Jin Kazama), missed his marke and gave me 21 stitches on the last day of the shoot,” smarted Le.

Le’s acting career is currently in overdrive, as he has no less than three movies due out in the next two years.

“I’ve got another one coming out this month called Bodyguards and Assassins with Donnie Yen (Blade II, Highlander: End Game, Iron Monkey) that’s going to be one to watch,” said Le.

“It’s a period piece and the fans can expect to see one of the best actors in China in Donnie Yen. I have this major fight scene with him. The movie won eight out of 14 awards at the Honk Kong Film Festival, which is like the Academy Awards in Honk Kong. I think fans will really like Bodyguards and Assassins.”

Le further commented, “I believe the two movies that I finished last year, Dragon Eyes and The Man with the Iron Fists should be coming out soon. The Man with the Iron Fists, I believe will be out the first quarter of next year and Dragon Eyes either late this year or early next year.”

To promote Dragon Eyes, Le will be making an appearance at this year’s San Diego Comic Con on July 23 at the San Diego Convention Center.

While his film career is his current focus, the question remains, when will Le return to action? The answer may be sooner than you think.

“Right now I don’t have any fights lined up, but I actually reached out to Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta) and let them know that I would love to fight in the UFC, so we’ll see,“ said Le. “I had a Strikeforce contract and I was loyal to them and Scott Coker because we’ve been friends for so long, but now that everything’s under one umbrella, it will be an honor to fight for the UFC.

“As soon as I found out that Cain (Velasquez) is fighting in San Jose (Calif. at UFC 138) in November, I would definitely be open to being on that card. I think that would be pretty cool.”

Never one to stay idle for long, Le shows no signs of slowing down as he continues to further his careers, both inside and outside the cage.

“I just want to say thank you to all the fans for their patience and support,” he concluded. “And thanks to all my sponsors from Zebra Mats to Clinch Gear for sticking by me.”

Ray Borg hopes UFC 207 win over Louis Smolka kickstarts run to champ Demetrious Johnson

LAS VEGAS – It’s been a bizarre latter half of 2016 for Ray Borg, and he’s hoping to have a good end to the calendar year ahead of a fresh start in 2017. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 207's Dong Hyun Kim still calling out Demian Maia, hopes to steal title shot

LAS VEGAS – For a guy whose last three fights were marred by opponent changes and withdrawals, a short-notice booking with oft-injured opponent would be cause for concern.Filed under: Featured Videos read news >>

'UFC 207 Embedded,' No. 4 and 5: Fight night draws near and Garbrandt and Cruz are fired up

The UFC returns to Las Vegas this week for UFC 207, and the organization has rolled out the “Embedded” treatment for a preview of Friday’s pay-per-view event at T-Mobile Arena.Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey weigh-in results

Weigh in results for UFC 207, headlined by championship fight between Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey and airs live on Pay-Per-View from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Friday, December 30 at 10pm E read news >>

Nunes, Rousey, and the UFC’s New Normal | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Cooper Neill/Zuffa LLC “She’s Back.” The promotion for UFC 207 splashed this phrase across every piece of promotional material, supplemented by “Fear the Return,” and laid it over headshots read news >>

Last Minute Prop Bets and Odds for UFC 207: Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

Get money by betting on these various props for UFC 207: Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Knockout Radio Podcast: Johny Hendricks, Justin Gaethje, Ray Sefo, and UFC 207 | MMAWeekly.com

Join Knockout Radio for their Dec. 28 podcast as Randy Harris and the crew talk with Johny Hendricks, Justin Gaethje, and Ray Sefo, as well as preview UFC 207. read news >>

Nunes vs. Rousey: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 207

The weigh-ins are over, the main event is official, the only thing left to do is get Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey in the Octagon to fight for the bantamweight title Friday night. Both Nunes and Rous read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 92 – Las Vegas: UFC 207 preview

Episode No. 92 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring a UFC 207 preview, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 207 play-by-play and live results (7:30 p.m. ET)

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC 207 event, and you can join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET (4:30 p.m. PT).Filed under: N read news >>