Cung Le facing Scott Smith in Strikeforce

Cung Le facing Scott Smith in Strikeforce

While it’s been a while since fans last saw Cung Le in action live, they can get a chance to check him out in his latest movie, Tekken, out on DVD and Blu-Ray on July 19.

In the adaptation of the popular video game franchise, Le plays Martial Law opposite fellow MMA fighter Roger Heurta, Luke Goss (Blade II, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army) and up-and-coming star John Foo (Batman Begins, Universal Soldier: Regeneration).

“Actually I almost didn’t do the movie because it was so close to my Frank Shamrock fight back in 2008,” Le told “I think it’s one of the better movies that’s been made from a video game. It’s got good action and I think that the director and producer did a good job.”

While things went smoothly for the most part behind the scenes, Le did end up on the wrong end of a fight scene accident.

“The lead actor, John Foo (portraying franchise hero Jin Kazama), missed his marke and gave me 21 stitches on the last day of the shoot,” smarted Le.

Le’s acting career is currently in overdrive, as he has no less than three movies due out in the next two years.

“I’ve got another one coming out this month called Bodyguards and Assassins with Donnie Yen (Blade II, Highlander: End Game, Iron Monkey) that’s going to be one to watch,” said Le.

“It’s a period piece and the fans can expect to see one of the best actors in China in Donnie Yen. I have this major fight scene with him. The movie won eight out of 14 awards at the Honk Kong Film Festival, which is like the Academy Awards in Honk Kong. I think fans will really like Bodyguards and Assassins.”

Le further commented, “I believe the two movies that I finished last year, Dragon Eyes and The Man with the Iron Fists should be coming out soon. The Man with the Iron Fists, I believe will be out the first quarter of next year and Dragon Eyes either late this year or early next year.”

To promote Dragon Eyes, Le will be making an appearance at this year’s San Diego Comic Con on July 23 at the San Diego Convention Center.

While his film career is his current focus, the question remains, when will Le return to action? The answer may be sooner than you think.

“Right now I don’t have any fights lined up, but I actually reached out to Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta) and let them know that I would love to fight in the UFC, so we’ll see,“ said Le. “I had a Strikeforce contract and I was loyal to them and Scott Coker because we’ve been friends for so long, but now that everything’s under one umbrella, it will be an honor to fight for the UFC.

“As soon as I found out that Cain (Velasquez) is fighting in San Jose (Calif. at UFC 138) in November, I would definitely be open to being on that card. I think that would be pretty cool.”

Never one to stay idle for long, Le shows no signs of slowing down as he continues to further his careers, both inside and outside the cage.

“I just want to say thank you to all the fans for their patience and support,” he concluded. “And thanks to all my sponsors from Zebra Mats to Clinch Gear for sticking by me.”

Morning Report: 'Saddened' Rashad Evans hopes to reconcile with former champion Jon Jones

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and Jon Jones have had quite the tumultuous relationship. The pair began as teammates at Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico but later became b read news >>

Ryan Couture would be 'pretty surprised' if father Randy came out of retirement

"The Natural" leads a busy lifestyle outside of the cage, but has admitted to getting the itch to compete in MMA in the past. Don't expect Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Hall of Famer Randy Cou read news >>

Jake Butler Looking to ONE: Odyssey of Champions to Further His Title Hopes

He won't talk titles before he gets past Christiano Kaminishi, but a victory makes Jake Butler an attractive choice for a ONE Championship title shot. read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Returns to His Second Home, Intending to Revitalize UFC Title Hopes

Gegard Mousasi returns to his home away from home, Japan, this weekend, looking to revitalize his UFC championship dream. read news >>

Avoiding Another Weight-Cut Crush, Bashir Ahmad Hopes Preparation Results in Victory at ONE: Odyssey of Champions

Having undergone an unbelievable weight-cut for his last ONE Championship fight, Bashir Ahmad hopes proper preparation leads to victory this time. read news >>

Nick Diaz hopes Ronda Rousey doesn't get in trouble for anti-NAC comments

Nick Diaz has his own problems, but he's also worried his friend Ronda Rousey might get in trouble for her comments in support of him last week in Australia. The UFC women's bantamweight champion -- read news >>

WSOF champ Lance Palmer: The 'Party' is just getting started

Team Alpha Male featherweight Lance Palmer owns the WSOF featherweight title and hopes his run will eventually lead him to the UFC. But for now, “Party” is sticking with the upstart organization. Fil read news >>

Still bound by UFC contract, Cung Le wants retirement fight under Scott Coker

SAN JOSE -- Former UFC and Strikeforce star Cung Le spoke with MMA Fighting on Thursday about his current contract status with the UFC, why he wants to fight for Bellator and the possibility of there read news >>

Phil Davis hopes former UFC rival Jon Jones 'gets cleaned up and back to action'

Phil Davis has said plenty about former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones over the years, and not much of it has been positive. But that’s not currently the case.Filed under: Bellator, News, U read news >>

Bellator's Linton Vassell hopes move to Blackzilians leads to rematch with Emanuel Newton

When you're fighting in a four-man tournament boasting UFC vet Phil Davis, former Bellator champion Emanuel Newton and former Strikeforce champion Muhammed Lawal, it's tough to stick out. Linton Vass read news >>