Cung Le provided MMA fans with one of the year’s cleanest knockouts in the UFC on Fuel TV 6 headliner on Saturday, putting former middleweight champion Rich Franklin to sleep with a perfectly-timed counter right hook to wrap the promotion’s inaugural event on Chinese soil.

The 185-pound main event took place at Cotai Arena in Macau, with both southpaws taking their time in establishing the striking range. Le ended the bout in the blink of an eye, timing his accurate counter punch just a moment after absorbing a low kick from Franklin.

Franklin tried to throw a punch of his own, but it was too late. Le’s haymaker crashed into Franklin’s jaw, instantly turning out his lights and sending him face-first to the canvas at 2:17 of the first round. Though the crisp counter earned Le “Knockout of the Night” honors, the former Strikeforce king was modest when asked about the fight-ending blow.

“I feel like I’m in a dream right now,” Le told Fox Spots following his first-round knockout of Franklin. “That was a money punch. I just saw him timing my kicks, so I waited for him to punch, and I threw that overhand right. I got lucky and caught him.”

After Franklin fell, Le began to celebrate wildly, performing a backflip before scaling the cage wall and hoisting his hands high as the crowd cheered the finish.

“It’s funny, when I hit him, I felt a little jolt in my elbow, but it was just all adrenaline,” Le said of the finishing sequence. “I don’t remember what happened. I was just so happy that all the blood went to my head, and I got a little dizzy.”

Le has now won consecutive fights for the first time in over four years. The middleweight’s last appearance came against onetime UFC title challenger Patrick Cote in July. Though the veteran sanshou stylist walked away from that UFC 148 clash with a unanimous decision win, he also took home a badly bruised foot, an injury that Le says has still not fully healed.

With Saturday’s triumph now behind him, the 40-year-old plans to take some time away from the cage to allow his body to recuperate. While Le knows time may be running short on his competitive fight career, he hopes to make the most of the time he has remaining as a member of the UFC roster.

“I love to do martial arts. I love to compete,” said Le. “If I can do it as long as I live, I will, but I know my clock is ticking.”

Rob Lisita Looking to Crush Ev Ting and Steal His Fans

Rob Lisita has been fighting some of the top featherweights, but will be up against a more familiar foe at ONE: Unbreakable Warriors on Friday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93: What's Troubling Alexander Gustafsson?

This summer has been bittersweet for Canadian music fans. Yes, that’s an odd place to start in discussing a Swedish mixed martial artist, but give it a second. One of the greatest rock bands the coun read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Predictions: Bleacher Report Main Card Staff Picks

Welcome once again, fight fans, to Germany (or Deutschland, as it's also known). On Saturday, the UFC will host UFC Fight Night 93, its fourth event in Germany and first in the city of Hamburg. In th read news >>

UFC Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett: What you got right & wrong

UFC fans made their predictions ahead of UFC Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett - but were they correct? We look at all the prefight picks and see what really happened on fight night. read news >>

Pimblett: “I’ll be remembered as Cage Warriors 145 Champ, Not McGregor”

MMA fans from all over Europe have been clamoring for Paddy ‘The Baddy’ Pimblett’s UFC debut ever since he launched a tirade at Conor McGregor during a post-fight interview after securing a regional read news >>

Cody Garbrandt UFC 203 Q&A Video Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated bantamweight Cody Garbrandt fielded questions from the fans in Cleveland prior to the UFC 203 weigh-in on Friday at Quicken Loans Arena. read news >>

Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

Win or lose, Urijah Faber was going to give fans something to be sad about at UFC 203. The California Kid is officially the California Middle-Aged Man at this point, and while fighters such as Dan He read news >>

UFC Fight Night Poirier vs Johnson rewind: What you got right & wrong

UFC fans made their predictions ahead of UFC Fight Night Poirier vs Johnson - but were they correct? We look at all the prefight picks and see what really happened on fight night. read news >>

Breaking Down Cris Cyborg's UFC Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Cris "Cyborg" Justino is preparing to headline her first UFC event ever. Tyron Woodley and Dan Hardy break down her match-up with Lina Lansberg. read news >>

Dana White Denies Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White on Tuesday squashed dreams of a Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez UFC 205 headliner... or did he? read news >>