With last night's (Sat., June 28, 2014) victory over Jeremy Stephens in the main event of UFC Fight Night 44 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, Cub Swanson is now undefeated in his last six fights inside the Octagon. Sprinkled in there are three bonus awards and a whole hell of a lot of combat entertainment.

So why is it he's still struggling to get into the title discussion?

It could be -- and most likely is -- that Jose Aldo is still the king of the featherweight division. That's the same Jose Aldo who blitzed Swanson in 2009, beating him in eight seconds on his way to the WEC title, one he's still holding to this day. It's been an uphill battle to convince the powers that be that Swanson is ready for another crack at the crown.

He doesn't really help himself when taking such a blase attitude when asked at the post-fight press conference:

"For me, winning the title is just like a dream. It's something I want to do so bad but it's just something I feel like is going to come to me if I just keep doing what I'm doing. If I keep doing what I'm supposed to do, it will come. So I just don't feel like I have to beg or try to ask for it. If I just keep putting on good performances, it will come. ... I'm not really one to cry about things. I'm just excited to be in the position I'm in. I've worked real hard. If another fight was a good opportunity for me then I would take it. I'm not really trying to wait forever, so we'll see what happens."

With UFC President Dana White not in attendance, it's harder to know whether or not Swanson is "in the mix" and whether or not "we'll see" about his getting a title shot against the winner of the Aldo vs. Chad Mendes bout scheduled for UFC 176 on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles.

Stay tuned!

For complete UFC Fight Night 44 results and blow-by-blow coverage of all the night's action click here.

Zing! Dana White says if he knew Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor outcome, he'd be Vince McMahon

Well, UFC is as "Real As It Gets," right? "We have to get both those guys there and get this fight on. Aldo is so talented, I just said I think he's the pound-for-pound best. He hasn't lost in 10 yea read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor gets 80,000-seat Croke Park stadium event with UFC 194 win over Jose Aldo

There's no telling what kind of antics "Notorious" will provide across the pond (if) his first featherweight title defense is to take place in Dublin, Ireland. By the looks of it, Conor McGregor coul read news >>

Fernando Gonzalez Looking to Jump the Title Shot Line with Win Over Paul Daley

Although their fight on Saturday is of the Glory kickboxing variety, Fernando Gonzalez believes a win over Paul Daley could line him up for a Bellator title shot. read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor beats Jose Aldo, he'll defend title at Ireland stadium

Conor McGregor will get that stadium show he's been asking for -- as long as he becomes the UFC featherweight champion. UFC president Dana White said on Australia's "The NRL Footy Show" (h/t Severe M read news >>

Aldo mocks 'Irish sucker' McGregor after being drug tested

After Jose Aldo was drug tested by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, the Brazilian took to Instagram to mock Conor McGregor. Jose Aldo has been drug tested ahead of his UFC 194 featherweight titl read news >>

Hey, Irish sucker! Jose Aldo was just drug tested for UFC 194, now it's your turn 'punk'

A photo posted by josealdojunioroficial (@josealdojunioroficial) on Sep 16, 2015 at 5:50pm PDT Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion Jose Aldo was randomly drug tested ahead of  read news >>

Jose Aldo Calls out Conor McGregor over Drug Test Ahead of UFC 194

Jose Aldo has stirred an already volatile pot ahead of his upcoming bout with Conor McGregor at UFC 194, letting the world know he’s been drug tested and taking a shot at the Irishman in the process. read news >>

Jose Aldo taunts ‘Irish sucker’ Conor McGregor after taking drug test

Jose Aldo was randomly drug tested Wednesday by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. The UFC featherweight champion, who faces interim champion Conor McGregor on Dec. 12 in Las Vegas, revealed on his Instagr read news >>

Poirier believes Conor McGregor will dethrone Jose Aldo at UFC 194

"Conor is definitely the real deal," according to reinvigorated lightweight contender, Dustin Poirier. Dustin Poirier's world was rocked when he fought Conor McGregor at UFC 178 last September. After read news >>

Jose Aldo's coach stokes the fire for UFC 194 Conor McGregor bout

Jose Aldo's coach Andre Pederneiras believes the featherweight champion will put a beating on Conor McGregor at UFC 194. With just under three months until Jose Aldo finally squares off with Conor Mc read news >>