With last night's (Sat., June 28, 2014) victory over Jeremy Stephens in the main event of UFC Fight Night 44 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, Cub Swanson is now undefeated in his last six fights inside the Octagon. Sprinkled in there are three bonus awards and a whole hell of a lot of combat entertainment.

So why is it he's still struggling to get into the title discussion?

It could be -- and most likely is -- that Jose Aldo is still the king of the featherweight division. That's the same Jose Aldo who blitzed Swanson in 2009, beating him in eight seconds on his way to the WEC title, one he's still holding to this day. It's been an uphill battle to convince the powers that be that Swanson is ready for another crack at the crown.

He doesn't really help himself when taking such a blase attitude when asked at the post-fight press conference:

"For me, winning the title is just like a dream. It's something I want to do so bad but it's just something I feel like is going to come to me if I just keep doing what I'm doing. If I keep doing what I'm supposed to do, it will come. So I just don't feel like I have to beg or try to ask for it. If I just keep putting on good performances, it will come. ... I'm not really one to cry about things. I'm just excited to be in the position I'm in. I've worked real hard. If another fight was a good opportunity for me then I would take it. I'm not really trying to wait forever, so we'll see what happens."

With UFC President Dana White not in attendance, it's harder to know whether or not Swanson is "in the mix" and whether or not "we'll see" about his getting a title shot against the winner of the Aldo vs. Chad Mendes bout scheduled for UFC 176 on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles.

Stay tuned!

For complete UFC Fight Night 44 results and blow-by-blow coverage of all the night's action click here.

Joe Rogan: 'Conor McGregor f***s with people's heads'

UFC color personality Joe Rogan breaks down Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor at UFC 189. Conor McGregor has captivated the MMA world with his quick wit and charm, so much so that the Irishman has a bevy read news >>

Is Jose Aldo Really the Pound-for-Pound Best Fighter in Mixed Martial Arts?

Jon Jones’ most recent transgression was the talk of the town, and it landed him in serious hot water with the UFC brass. The leader in mixed martial arts indefinitely suspended the now-former light read news >>

Video: UFC 189's Conor McGregor unveils his Las Vegas 'Mac Mansion' ahead of Jose Aldo title fight

Just in case Conor McGregor haters didn't have enough reason to hate on the mouthy -- yet talented -- Irishman, "Notorious" took to Twitter to unveil his temporary digs for his upcoming training camp read news >>

Anthony Johnson on Jon Jones being stripped of the title: ‘I think it’s the right call’

In the fallout of UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones being stripped of his title last week, the new realities for everybody else are setting in. Namely, that Anthony Johnson -- who was to challenge Jone read news >>

Daniel Cormier finds notion he doesn't deserve another title shot 'very disrespectful'

Daniel Cormier heard the naysayers after the announcement he would step in and meet Anthony Johnson for the vacant light heavyweight title in the main event of UFC 187. The haters claimed that becaus read news >>

Dana White won't make any promises, but says 'it makes sense' for Luke Rockhold to fight for the title next

Luke Rockhold may be next in line for the coveted Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title shot. That is according to UFC president Dana White, who told Latin America media recently that it would " read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo is UFC's Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao

Well they are both at the MGM Grand! The so-called "Fight of the Century" goes down tomorrow night (Sat., May 2, 2015) live on pay-per-view (PPV) from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, when undefea read news >>

Jon Jones yanked from UFC rankings, Jose Aldo promoted to pound-for-pound king

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo is the best pound-for-pound mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter in the world, according to the official UFC rankings. Sorry, Deme read news >>

Jon Jones removed from UFC fighter rankings; Jose Aldo becomes new pound-for-pound best

Jon Jones is no longer UFC light heavyweight champion, he's no longer with Reebok, and for the time being he's not in the UFC's official rankings. As Jon Jones deals with his latest legal troubles, t read news >>