With last night's (Sat., June 28, 2014) victory over Jeremy Stephens in the main event of UFC Fight Night 44 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, Cub Swanson is now undefeated in his last six fights inside the Octagon. Sprinkled in there are three bonus awards and a whole hell of a lot of combat entertainment.

So why is it he's still struggling to get into the title discussion?

It could be -- and most likely is -- that Jose Aldo is still the king of the featherweight division. That's the same Jose Aldo who blitzed Swanson in 2009, beating him in eight seconds on his way to the WEC title, one he's still holding to this day. It's been an uphill battle to convince the powers that be that Swanson is ready for another crack at the crown.

He doesn't really help himself when taking such a blase attitude when asked at the post-fight press conference:

"For me, winning the title is just like a dream. It's something I want to do so bad but it's just something I feel like is going to come to me if I just keep doing what I'm doing. If I keep doing what I'm supposed to do, it will come. So I just don't feel like I have to beg or try to ask for it. If I just keep putting on good performances, it will come. ... I'm not really one to cry about things. I'm just excited to be in the position I'm in. I've worked real hard. If another fight was a good opportunity for me then I would take it. I'm not really trying to wait forever, so we'll see what happens."

With UFC President Dana White not in attendance, it's harder to know whether or not Swanson is "in the mix" and whether or not "we'll see" about his getting a title shot against the winner of the Aldo vs. Chad Mendes bout scheduled for UFC 176 on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles.

Stay tuned!

For complete UFC Fight Night 44 results and blow-by-blow coverage of all the night's action click here.

Conor McGregor better pray Jose Aldo makes it to UFC 189 to avoid getting 'messed up' by Chad Mendes

"Money" already bringing the fire! Much to the chagrin of some, Chad Mendes was pegged to be Jose Aldo's back up against Conor McGregor at UFC 189 on July 11, 2015, just in case the Brazilian's ribs read news >>

Jose Aldo officially out of UFC 189; Chad Mendes meets Conor McGregor for interim belt

The news many expected to come has arrived, and next week’s UFC 189 has been overhauled less than two weeks out.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jose Aldo out, Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor on as UFC 189 main event

Jose Aldo is too injured to compete at UFC 189, which means Chad Mendes will face Conor McGregor for the interim featherweight title on July 11th. The dreaded news has been delivered. After days of s read news >>

Jose Aldo out of UFC 189, Conor McGregor faces Chad Mendes for interim featherweight title

It's finally official: UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo is out of his UFC 189 main event opposite contender Conor McGregor. UFC President Dana White made the news official on ESPN's SportsCenter read news >>

Jose Aldo officially ruled out, Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes UFC 189 main event set

Those prayers were not answered. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight Champion, Jose Aldo, will not defend his 145-pound title against Conor McGregor at UFC 189, which takes place next read news >>

Jose Aldo Withdraws from UFC 189, Chad Mendes Will Fight Conor McGregor

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has been forced to withdraw from Saturday night's UFC 189 bout against Conor McGregor, leaving the challenger to fight Chad Mendes for the interim championship. U read news >>

Jose Aldo Out of UFC 189; Conor McGregor to Face Chad Mendes for Interim Title

White went on SportsCenter on Tuesday and announced that Aldo has withdrawn from his UFC 189 bout with Conor McGregor due to a rib injury. That the being the case, Plan B is now a go as McGregor will read news >>

Jose Aldo Out, Chad Mendes in vs. Conor McGregor for Interim Title at UFC 189

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was unable to overcome a rib injury and has now bowed out of his blockbuster title defense at UFC 189. Now, top contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the i read news >>

'Disappointed' Dana White explains reason Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes is for interim belt: 'Jose Aldo has pulled out o

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, flanked by his 145-pound Golden Goose, Conor McGregor, were featured on ESPN earlier this evening to announce that Featherweight champion, J read news >>

Chad Mendes on Conor McGregor: ‘I'm going to mess this dude up'

As Jose Aldo tried to battle through a rib injury ahead of his title defense against Conor McGregor at UFC 189, the contingency plan -- Chad Mendes -- began preparing himself as if Aldo were already read news >>