Cub Swanson wants to set the record straight.

Last Friday, Swanson appeared on the Sherdog Radio Network's “Beatdown” program opposite co-hosts T.J. De Santis and Jeff Sherwood, the latter of which asked Swanson if the oft-replayed nature of his 2009 knockout defeat to Jose Aldo made the featherweight yearn more intensely for another crack at “Scarface.”

“It does, but it's been a while. I've put it past me,” Swanson replied. “I know that I could win that fight 10 out of 10 times if we did it again. It's not even an issue to me anymore. I would actually love for my brother to fight him. [My brother] is more of an up-and-comer, which I feel is more of a fair fight.”

Swanson returned to “Beatdown” on Wednesday to clarify that comment, which Swanson says was made in reference to a potential rematch with former UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver, who submitted Swanson with a guillotine choke nearly five years ago at WEC 31.

“We were going back and forth about different past opponents, and that was a mental error on my side,” Swanson said of his previous “Beatdown” appearance. “I was talking about Jens Pulver, and I thought you guys had asked me about a rematch with him. That's why I said that was a long time ago and that I had put it past me.

“No, [I don't want my brother to fight Aldo.] My brother is a [flyweight], and he fights at 135 [pounds] as well, but that's the fight that I would love for my brother to have -- with Jens. Jose Aldo is the fight that I want.”

Swanson then further elaborated on a hypothetical return bout with Aldo. While he may have misspoken in regard to the “10 out of 10 times” comment, that does not mean the Jackson's MMA representative would back down if he were given another opportunity to fight the UFC featherweight king.

“I don't feel that [a rematch with Aldo] would play out like it did that time,” said Swanson. “I feel like that was a once-in-a-longtime type of thing, and it's not going to happen again. If we fought again, I'm very confident, and I think it would be a hell of a fight.

“Personally, I've grown up a lot mentally [since the first bout]. I don't get nerves like I used to. I feel that the key for me is just being calm and confident,” Swanson continued. “In that fight, I was very one-track-minded, and I just felt like I had to do one thing right off the bat. It was too close-minded for me and not really my usual game plan, and it backfired.”

Swanson admits that the fallout from his initial comment has been frustrating. Though the featherweight feels sure of his abilities as a potential challenger to Aldo's throne, he does not want that confidence to be mistaken for arrogance.

“People want to be quick to remind you of what happened, but I feel like I've earned the respect to get another shot,” said Swanson. “It sucks getting people talking crap to you for something you didn't say or didn't mean to say. I just don't want to be seen as somebody who's a cocky jerk. I'm going to say that I'm confident in my ability, but I'm not ignorant [enough] to say that I'm going to demolish every fighter out there and that nobody has a chance against me. That's not me.”

Own the note cards Bruce Buffer used to announce Conor McGregor's 13-second finish of Jose Aldo

Looking for a unique piece of history from UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor’s shocking UFC 194 win over Jose Aldo? How about the note cards Bruce Buffer used to introduce the fight?Filed und read news >>

Dana White Explains Frank Fertitta's Reaction to Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has lifted the lid on Frank Fertitta's attention-grabbing reaction to Conor McGregor's 13-second knockout victory over Jose Aldo at UFC 194 in Dece read news >>

Rosa still prospect with plenty of upside despite 1-2 UFC record

On paper, Charles Rosa is 1-2 in the UFC, which is nothing to write home about, but the truth of the matter is that he remains one of the top emerging talents in the featherweight ranks, despite what read news >>

Jose Aldo Criticises Conor McGregor's Control over UFC, Says Irishman Is Lucky

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has criticised the company for giving the title’s current incumbent, Conor McGregor, too much influence. Aldo was unbeaten for a decade before he was sensa read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Jose Aldo: 'I won’t accept another fight unless it’s for the belt'

Ex-UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo is again defending his approach in a loss to now-champ Conor McGregor and said he’s waiting for a title shot for his next bout.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After UFC 194 Loss, Jose Aldo Thought He’d Be Fighting Frankie Edgar for the Belt

Following his UFC 194 loss to Conor McGregor, Jose Aldo was told that he'd be facing Frankie Edgar for the 145-pound title in his next outing. read news >>

Jose Aldo Willing to Sit and Wait for UFC Title Shot

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has fought just 13 seconds in the past year, and it appears that might have to do for the next year as well. read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants Title Shot or Conor McGregor… Nothing Else!

Just in case he hasn't been clear enough, former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo made his intentions clear to the UFC. read news >>

Jose Aldo's message to UFC: Keep your word, give me a title rematch

Jose Aldo already made it clear that he will accept no fight outside of a chance to challenge for a UFC title, but he drove home the point on Facebook.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jose Aldo Issues Conor McGregor-or-Title Ultimatum to UFC and Dana White

MMA legend Jose Aldo has confirmed he will not fight in the UFC again unless he’s handed a rematch against Conor McGregor or a title shot. The Brazilian, regarded as one of the sport’s greatest compe read news >>