Cub Swanson wants to set the record straight.

Last Friday, Swanson appeared on the Sherdog Radio Network's “Beatdown” program opposite co-hosts T.J. De Santis and Jeff Sherwood, the latter of which asked Swanson if the oft-replayed nature of his 2009 knockout defeat to Jose Aldo made the featherweight yearn more intensely for another crack at “Scarface.”

“It does, but it's been a while. I've put it past me,” Swanson replied. “I know that I could win that fight 10 out of 10 times if we did it again. It's not even an issue to me anymore. I would actually love for my brother to fight him. [My brother] is more of an up-and-comer, which I feel is more of a fair fight.”

Swanson returned to “Beatdown” on Wednesday to clarify that comment, which Swanson says was made in reference to a potential rematch with former UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver, who submitted Swanson with a guillotine choke nearly five years ago at WEC 31.

“We were going back and forth about different past opponents, and that was a mental error on my side,” Swanson said of his previous “Beatdown” appearance. “I was talking about Jens Pulver, and I thought you guys had asked me about a rematch with him. That's why I said that was a long time ago and that I had put it past me.

“No, [I don't want my brother to fight Aldo.] My brother is a [flyweight], and he fights at 135 [pounds] as well, but that's the fight that I would love for my brother to have -- with Jens. Jose Aldo is the fight that I want.”

Swanson then further elaborated on a hypothetical return bout with Aldo. While he may have misspoken in regard to the “10 out of 10 times” comment, that does not mean the Jackson's MMA representative would back down if he were given another opportunity to fight the UFC featherweight king.

“I don't feel that [a rematch with Aldo] would play out like it did that time,” said Swanson. “I feel like that was a once-in-a-longtime type of thing, and it's not going to happen again. If we fought again, I'm very confident, and I think it would be a hell of a fight.

“Personally, I've grown up a lot mentally [since the first bout]. I don't get nerves like I used to. I feel that the key for me is just being calm and confident,” Swanson continued. “In that fight, I was very one-track-minded, and I just felt like I had to do one thing right off the bat. It was too close-minded for me and not really my usual game plan, and it backfired.”

Swanson admits that the fallout from his initial comment has been frustrating. Though the featherweight feels sure of his abilities as a potential challenger to Aldo's throne, he does not want that confidence to be mistaken for arrogance.

“People want to be quick to remind you of what happened, but I feel like I've earned the respect to get another shot,” said Swanson. “It sucks getting people talking crap to you for something you didn't say or didn't mean to say. I just don't want to be seen as somebody who's a cocky jerk. I'm going to say that I'm confident in my ability, but I'm not ignorant [enough] to say that I'm going to demolish every fighter out there and that nobody has a chance against me. That's not me.”

UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 Appears to Have Broken UFC PPV Record

The UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 pay-per-view is trending to be the biggest grossing non-boxing event in pay-per-view history. read news >>

Chas Skelly's Record-Setting Submission (UFC Hidalgo Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Chas Skelly put Maximo Blanco away in record setting fashion at UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Johnson on Saturday in Hidalgo, Texas. Check out the highlights. read news >>

Kyra Batara and Manager Mom Brenda Are Ready to Conquer the World at Rizin FF

If you look at the record of Combate Americas atomweight Kyra Batara in a vacuum, it’s not obviously impressive. Although she’s on a three-fight win streak as she heads into her bout against Kanako M read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95 post-fight facts: Roy Nelson sets UFC heavyweight record for cage time

Cristiane Justino kept her 11-year undefeated streak alive on Saturday at UFC Fight Night 95 when she defeated promotional newcomer Lina Lansberg by second-round TKO. Roy Nelson also had a noteworthy read news >>

Watch John Lineker's Fight of the Night Finish of Francisco Rivera | MMAWeekly.com

John Lineker boasts an impressive 9-2 record in the UFC including this first-round submission victory over Francisco Rivera last year. read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Jose Aldo requests release from UFC 'after being fooled so many times'

Fed up, Jose Aldo has requested his release from the UFCFight fans may never get a change to see longtime featherweight kingpin Jose Aldo step foot inside a UFC Octagon ever again.On Tuesday, in an i read news >>

Jose Aldo Asks for UFC Release, Threatens to Retire | MMAWeekly.com

After what he sees as the latest broken promise, Jose Aldo says he is done with the UFC. He wants to be released. read news >>

Jose Aldo doubles down on request for UFC release, Max Holloway responds

Jose Aldo is doubling down on his desire for his release from the UFC, much to the chagrin of featherweight top contender Max HollowayJose Aldo did more than enough to earn his rematch against Conor read news >>