Cris Cyborg Santos 029 SF16-478x270“I’m very happy to come back and I want to fight soon.”

Cris Cyborg made that statement following a first-round TKO stoppage of Fiona Muxlow at Invicta FC 5 on Friday night. It was Cyborg’s first bout in 16 months, marking her return from a yearlong suspension for testing positive for steroids following her last fight.

The victory not only marked her return to action, it also launched her into a title fight with Marloes Coenen for the Invicta FC featherweight championship, assuring Cyborg that she will indeed fight again soon.

The bout is expected to take place in the latter part of June or early July, Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp told MMAWeekly.com.

Coenen and Cyborg are looking forward to the fight just the same. It’s a rematch of their Jan. 30, 2010, Strikeforce bout, in which Cyborg won via TKO stoppage in the third round.

“After my first fight with Cris – I know this sounds stupid – but I kind of underestimated her,” said Coenen on Friday night. “But I hate it when I lose. I really hate that and I always want to make up for my losses.

“What I like about Cris is she is a true, true fighter,” Coenen continued.

“I like a challenge. I always said I wanted to do it at the end of my career, but if it came sooner, it came sooner.”

The respect is mutual.

“I am very pleased because after the fight I did with her and she lose,” commented Cyborg, “she say to me, I want to fight you again.”

The fight is expected to headline Invicta FC 6.

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Invicta FC 15 Live Stream, Card and Prediction

A huge year in mixed martial arts is off to a fantastic start that promises to continue on Saturday night with Invicta FC 15 featuring Cris Cyborg seeking her fifth straight win as she takes on Daria read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

Invicta FC 15 Results: Cris Cyborg Smashes Daria Ibragimova

Cris "Cyborg" Justino proved once again that she reigns on high as queen of Invicta with a first-round finish of Daria Ibragimova at Invicta FC 15 on Saturday in Orange County, Calif. read news >>

Invicta FC 16 heads to Vegas with Alexa Grasso, Irene Aldana, others

Following Saturday’s Invicta FC 15 event, company president Shannon Knapp laid out some plans for Invicta FC 16.Filed under: News read news >>

Assuncao sets his sights after injury layoff

UFC bantamweight Raphael Assuncao is nearing his return to the Octagon after a lengthy injury layoff, and he's already setting his sights on the division. read news >>

Video: 'UFC Road to the Octagon: Alcantara vs. Rivera' full segment for UFC on FOX 18

The “UFC Road to the Octagon” preview show returned this past weekend to spotlight the upcoming UFC on FOX 18 bout between Iuri Alcantara and Jimmie Rivera. Check out their full segment inside.Filed read news >>

Women’s MMA Report: Jedrzejczyk-Gadelha II set, ‘Cyborg’ retains Invicta FC title

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is set for her next title defense, and it comes against a familiar foe. Get the latest on that bout and other recent happenings in the Women’s MMA Report.F read news >>

UFC on Fox 18 Immediate Recap: Tarec Saffiedine Takes Decision over Ellenberger

After a 15-month hiatus, No. 11-ranked welterweight Tarec Saffiedine returned to the Octagon and faced Jake Ellenberger. After a three-round battle that saw Saffiedine rocked a couple of times, his p read news >>

Watch the Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova Weigh-in Streaming Live at 7 PM ET

Watch the Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova Official Weigh-in streaming live from the Punishment Training Center in Huntington Beach, Calif. on Friday at 7 p.m. ET. read news >>