Cris Cyborg Santos 029 SF16-478x270“I’m very happy to come back and I want to fight soon.”

Cris Cyborg made that statement following a first-round TKO stoppage of Fiona Muxlow at Invicta FC 5 on Friday night. It was Cyborg’s first bout in 16 months, marking her return from a yearlong suspension for testing positive for steroids following her last fight.

The victory not only marked her return to action, it also launched her into a title fight with Marloes Coenen for the Invicta FC featherweight championship, assuring Cyborg that she will indeed fight again soon.

The bout is expected to take place in the latter part of June or early July, Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp told MMAWeekly.com.

Coenen and Cyborg are looking forward to the fight just the same. It’s a rematch of their Jan. 30, 2010, Strikeforce bout, in which Cyborg won via TKO stoppage in the third round.

“After my first fight with Cris – I know this sounds stupid – but I kind of underestimated her,” said Coenen on Friday night. “But I hate it when I lose. I really hate that and I always want to make up for my losses.

“What I like about Cris is she is a true, true fighter,” Coenen continued.

“I like a challenge. I always said I wanted to do it at the end of my career, but if it came sooner, it came sooner.”

The respect is mutual.

“I am very pleased because after the fight I did with her and she lose,” commented Cyborg, “she say to me, I want to fight you again.”

The fight is expected to headline Invicta FC 6.

From Around the Web

Cris Cyborg to headline Invicta event during UFC International Fight Week

LOS ANGELES -- Cris "Cyborg" Justino will be an Invicta FC fighter for at least one more event. Justino will headline an Invicta event July 10 in Las Vegas, a card that will be held as part of the UF read news >>

Invicta FC 11 results: Cris Cyborg dominates, finishes Charmaine Tweet in under a minute

Guess who's back! Invicta Fighting Championships featherweight titleholder Cristiane Justino returned to the cage last evening (Fri., Feb. 27, 2015) after a lengthy layoff in the main event of Invict read news >>

Following Invicta FC 11 win, Cris Cyborg believes Ronda Rousey mega-fight will happen

LOS ANGELES -- Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino talks about her impressive win over Charmaine Tweet, her long layoff, her next fight on July 10, her potential future as a bantamweight, her thoughts on UFC read news >>

Video: Ronda Rousey 'not really' impressed by Cris Cyborg's 46 second knockout win at Invicta FC 11

[Cyborg's] not in the UFC. If she would like to come to the UFC and fight at 135, then yes, I would [like to fight her]. [She won] against some chick that I beat like my second pro-fight ever, in 40 read news >>

Cris Cyborg responds to Rener Gracie’s comments: ‘I have no grandfather name to live off’

Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino responds to Rener Gracie’s public comments that she is given “too much credit.” Monday's edition of The MMA Hour saw Rener Gracie make an appea read news >>

Invicta FC 11 payouts and salaries: Cris Cyborg takes home $90k of $134,000 total payroll

Just around double than what the rest of the field combined took home that night. Cristiane Justino may not be plying her trade under the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) banner (yet), but her ba read news >>

Invicta FC 11 Fighter Salaries: Cris Cyborg Towers Over Rest of Payroll | MMAWeekly.com

Cris “Cyborg” Justino spent less time in the cage than any other victor on the Invicta FC 11 fight card, but she took home double the rest of fighters' salaries combined. read news >>

Cris Cyborg takes home triple the Invicta FC 11 payroll with $90,000 purse

Cris Cyborg earned nearly three times more than the rest of the Invicta FC 11 card combined for her 46 second knockout of Charmaine Tweet, and from the sound of it, Zuffa may have helped foot the bil read news >>

Morning Report: Cris Cyborg slams Ronda Rousey's mother, saying she'll make her cry after taking her daughter's soul

Invicta FC featherweight Cris Cyborg sure doesn't appreciate the opinions of Ronda Rousey's inner circle. Cyborg slammed the UFC women's bantamweight champion's grappling coach Rener Gracie when he c read news >>