The UFC’s traditional pre-event show returns Tuesday with the debut of “Countdown to UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz” on FUEL TV.
The one-hour special previews the card’s welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) and former Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC).
The show debuts Tuesday at 11 p.m. ET (8 p.m. PT) following new episodes of “UFC Tonight” and “UFC Ultimate Insider.” Replays of the show air throughout the week on FUEL TV, as well as regional FOX Sports channels.
UFC 158 takes place at Bell Centre in Montreal, St-Pierre’s longtime home and training ground. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.
UFC 158 also features two other key matchups in the welterweight division, which “Countdown” also will spotlight. In the co-main event, former interim champion Carlos Condit (28-6 MMA, 5-2 UFC), who lost to St-Pierre in Montreal in November, meets Johny Hendricks (14-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who was hopeful for a title shot until St-Pierre said he wanted to face Diaz. And Jake Ellenberger (28-6 MMA, 7-2 UFC) takes on former Strikeforce champ Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA, 1-1 SF).
The UFC 158 card includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz – for welterweight title
- Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt
- Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring
- Colin Fletcher vs. Mike Ricci
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker
- Antonio Carvalho vs. Darren Elkins
- Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
- Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:35 p.m. ET)
- Quinn Mulhern vs. Rick Story
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Issei Tamura
- Reuben Duran vs. George Roop
For more on UFC 158, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Nick Diaz)