Chris Beal Happy to Call BAMMA USA Home Until He Moves to the UFC

Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

The preliminary card for next month’s UFC Fight Night 50 had a new matchup following a pair of injuries.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

The game of musical chairs has continued for Chris Beal at next week’s UFC Fight Night 50. With Dustin Kimura out, Beal now meets “TUF 14? hopeful Tateki Matsuda in Connecticut.Filed under: MMA Rumor read news >>

Chris Beal has yet another opponent at UFC Fight Night “Mousasi vs. Jacare 2.” read news >>

Ahead of Friday’s UFC Fight Night 50 bout, Chris Beal recently discussed his successful UFC debut, which included a flying-knee knockout and a $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus.Filed under: Fe read news >>

LEDYARD, Conn. – Despite a spirited effort from Takeki Matsuda, “The Ultimate Fighter 18? veteran Chris Beal toughed his way through obstacles and earned a unanimous decision.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

TULSA – In all fairness, Ben Saunders probably should’ve been fighting a little bit farther up the card, rather than languishing as the second bout at UFC Fight Night 49. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

It was the most money he'd ever seen in his life. Easily. Just sitting there in his hand, all at once. You bet Chris Beal reacted. After all he's been through, he had earned it. Once back at his home read news >>

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey is confident she can beat any female in the world in a straight-up jiu-jitsu match, according to comments she made e read news >>

• a day ago

Revitalized Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight Matt Mitrione is setting his sights on bigger and better things within the 265-pound division, following a pair of back-to-back knockout w read news >>