Chris Beal Happy to Call BAMMA USA Home Until He Moves to the UFC

Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

STOCKHOLM – The action for the UFC on FOX 14 card opened with a high paced “Fight of the Night” contender that saw Neil Seery edge out a decision win over Chris Beal.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Earlier this week GLORY announced the first of the semi-final matches, with Nieky ‘The Natural' Holzken (84-11, 44 KO's) meeting Murthel ‘The Predator' Groenhart (55-16-3, 31 KO's). The second match- read news >>

UFC has a new home in Mother Russia. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has announced (via MMA Junkie) the signing of a major broadcast deal in Russia with VGTRK (The All-Russia State Television an read news >>

Name one thing in pro MMA more exciting than a flying-knee knockout like the one we saw from Chris Beal. Don't give me gogoplata or calf slicer. Don't lean back in your leather chair, chickory in han read news >>

When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) matchmakers need a real fighter, they know who to call. That's probably why Nick Diaz got the nod for Anderson Silva's return fight at the upcoming UFC 183 p read news >>

LAS VEGAS — In the basement of the Ultimate Fighting Championship office on Sahara Avenue is a gym. It is filled to overflowing with weights and mirrors, but there is also a boxing ring, speed bags a read news >>

UFC 182 videos are your home for all the videos, interviews, weigh-ins, and much more surrounding the UFC 182 event on Jan. 3 in Las Vegas. The 'Countdown to UFC 182' takes a closer look at the upcom read news >>

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight Erick Silva is back in the win column after choking out Mike Rhodes at the UFC Fight Night 58 mixed martial arts (MMA) event earlier this month in Br read news >>

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is doing media rounds prior to his upcoming UFC 182 title fight with Daniel Cormier. And of course, one of the sport’s major topics, the UFC’s signing of CM P read news >>