Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Tom Duquesnoy, BAMMA's 2-division champ, announces UFC signing

The ever-evolving UFC bantamweight division just got some new young blood; top prospect and now-former BAMMA two-division champion Tom Duquesnoy has officially signed with the organization, he announ read news >>

UFC Phoenix Quick Results: A Legend Falls, a Contender Rises | FIGHTLAND

Photos by Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports The UFC’s first event of 2017—and the first UFC event to use the new unified MMA rule-set— went down in Phoenix, Arizona. This exciting card was headlined b read news >>

BJ Penn's Coach 'Very Supportive' of Him Retiring (UFC Phoenix video) | MMAWeekly.com

BJ Penn's coach Jason Parillo reacts to the UFC Hall of Famer's devastating loss to Yair Rodriguez in the main event of UFC Fight Night Phoenix on Sunday. read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Yair Rodriguez and UFC Fight Night 103's other winning fighters?

With UFC Fight Night 103 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for the winning fighters.Filed under: Featur read news >>

UFC Plans First Event for Buffalo in More Than Two Decades | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC is set to return to New York for the fourth time since the state instituted sanctioning of professional mixed martial arts events in 2016. read news >>

Why surging Sergio Pettis sees a path to a 2017 UFC flyweight title shot

PHOENIX – For a 23-year-old, title hopeful Sergio Pettis has already completely changed his career mindset. Success has a way of doing that.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How did UFC Fight Night 103's Aleksei Oleinik sink the first UFC Ezekiel choke? He laid a trap

PHOENIX – Heavyweight Aleksei Oleinik had done his homework when he stepped into the octagon against Viktor Pesta at UFC Fight Night 103.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

'The Notorious' aftershave? You might see it from UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor is already a household name, but now he’ll have the trademark to back it up. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 103 event in Phoenix, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to th read news >>

Nina Ansaroff Used Amanda Nunes' Momentum (UFC Phoenix video) | MMAWeekly.com

Nina Ansaroff talks about her win against Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger at UFC Fight Night 103 in Phoenix. read news >>