Chris Beal Happy to Call BAMMA USA Home Until He Moves to the UFC

• submit to reddit

Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Just a few days after a bonus-winning KO in his debut, Rob Font has been booked again with no delays and will meet Chris Beal in a bantamweight bout at UFC Fight Night 50 in Connecticut.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC more

The worldwide leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog more

During the UFC 175/TUF 19 Finale conference call audio, Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida, Ronda Rousey, Alexis Davis, B.J. Penn, and Frankie Edgar discussed their upcoming fights this weekend. Check it out above. more

Check out Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida, Ronda Rousy, Alexis David, BJ Penn, and Frankie Edgar as they share their thoughts on the upcoming fights during the UFC 175/TUF 19 Finale Conference Call with media. more

LAS VEGAS – Matt Mitrione’s mentor, UFC veteran Chris Lytle, has constantly reminded him that things won’t truly click in his MMA career until his 10th fight under the UFC banner.Filed under: News, UFC more

ONE FC continues to expand at a remarkable rate with Taiwan the latest country on the list and the main attraction for the local fans at Friday night’s card in Taipei will be heavyweight Paul Cheng. more

If there was any doubt that Chris Weidman was a deserving UFC champion, the middleweight addressed the concerns with a fabulous win over Lyoto Machida at UFC 175.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rankings, News, UFC, WSOF more

In the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA flyweight rankings, Chris Cariaso checks in at No. 11. So why is he getting a title shot with the No. 1-ranked fighter and reigning flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson?Filed under: News, UFC more

"The Spider" has no desire to complete a trilogy against the UFC middleweight champion but would accept a fight with Nick Diaz. Anderson Silva still doesn't know how long is going it take for him step on the octagon again but the former UFC middleweight champion told Brazilian media that he is open to the possible fight between him and Nick Diaz. However, "The Spider" doesn't feel that he and Chris Weidman should fight each other one more time, as the current UFC 185-pound champion is 2-0 in the more