Less than three weeks after failing a random drug test in Nevada that took him out of a UFC 175 bout against Vitor Belfort, and ultimately led to his retirement from MMA, Chael Sonnen has reportedly failed a second test, as well.

MMA Fighting reported Saturday night that a second test, also administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, showed Sonnen had human growth hormone (HGH), recombinant human erythropoietin, anastrozole and human chorionic gonadotropin.

According to the report, Sonnen took the second test on June 5 in his home state of Oregon. At the time, the results of his first test, which took place in late May in Las Vegas, had not been released. The results of that test came out June 10, when it was revealed Sonnen tested positive for Sonnen tested positive for anastrozole, a non-steroidal aromatase-inhibiting drug used to treat breast cancer, and clomiphene, which is used to treat female infertility.

Sonnen said after the failed test that he was on the drugs as he cycled off his previous therapeutic-use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy, which the NSAC banned earlier this year.

Sonnen issued a statement to MMA Fighting regarding the results of the second test: “Yes, the Commission is aware of other prescribed medications I was taking and I will not challenge their allegations,” Sonnen stated. “I will cooperate with the Commission and look forward to having a dialogue about how fighters who transition off TRT can avoid violating any rules.”

After his first positive test, Sonnen said on the “UFC Tonight” program he hosts on FOX Sports 1 that the medical condition that necessitated his use of TRT in turn forced him to take medications in the transition off TRT to maintain a healthy life outside the octagon.

“Look, they changed the rules, and I’ve got to comply with the rules,” Sonnen said then. “I don’t resist that at all. However, there is a transition period, and I couldn’t have been more open or more transparent, whether it was ‘UFC Tonight,’ whether it was different interviews or different places. Anybody that I could tell that I could talk to about this, I did. And these are the medications that you have to go on to lead a healthy life, and if they’re asking me to choose between health and my sport, that’s not a choice I can make. I’ve got to choose health.”

This past week, the NSAC said it will revisit Sonnen’s failed test later this year for likely disciplinary action. Now that he’s retired, a possible suspension may not affect him. He may be fined, as well.

For more on UFC 175, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Lawyer for Nick Diaz wants deputy attorney general ousted from NAC drug test hearing

The ongoing saga between Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight Nick Diaz has appeared to hit a new snag. In case you've been living under a rock, 209' read news >>

UFC drug czar: Frank Mir was not denied Adderall TUE by Nevada Athletic Commission

Frank Mir was not denied a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) in Nevada, according to the UFC's vice president of athlete health and performance. He just was not able to apply for one with enough time t read news >>

Nick Diaz suspended five years for failed UFC 183 drug test

In a shocking decision, the Nevada Athletic Commission voted Monday to place Nick Diaz on a five-year suspension for a failed UFC 183 drug test for marijuana metabolites. The verdict was passed unani read news >>

VIDEO: Nick Diaz Pleads 5th Amendment Over UFC 183 Drug Test Positive for Marijuana

UFC fighter Nick Diaz went before the Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday to address positive drug test results for marijuana metabolites at UFC 183. read news >>

CSAC returns random drug test results for Bellator's Phil Davis, King Mo, and more

California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) paid a little visit to the cast and crew of Bellator MMA. Specifically, all four light heavyweights competing in the promotion's 205-pound tournament, whic read news >>

Cris Cyborg fires shot at Ronda Rousey, UFC in wake of Vitor Belfort’s reportedly failed drug test

Vitor Belfort is once again surrounded by controversial drug test results, after Josh Gross reported on Monday that "The Phenom" has failed a drug test with elevated levels of testosterone before his read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 24: Chael Sonnen, Demetrious Johnson, Bilyal Makhov

Episode No. 24 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Chael Sonnen, Demetrious Johnson and Bilyal Makhov, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sonnen criticizes ‘terrible’ Fedor: He’s a ‘chubby bald guy with a nerdy sweater’

Former UFC middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen discussed the return of heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko and where he stands in terms of his legacy. read news >>

NAC hearing for Nick Diaz and Rousimar Palhares live discussion & updates

The Nevada Athletic Commission will be live on Fight Pass today at 12 PM ET to address the drug test failure of Nick Diaz, as well as Rousimar Palhares' latest submission holding controversy. Christm read news >>

Chael Sonnen: I'm fighting Josh Barnett at Metamoris and will take his fat ass down

"I'll even give you gentlemen a prediction: Sonnen wins. I'm going to take his fat ass down and he will never get up. And let him know I said that. I'm going to take Josh down and then I'm going to w read news >>